Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2023, 11:38 AM

1,339 posts, read 651,012 times

Advertisements

I made a thread about this (why do people choose Christianity as their religion?) but I have a follow-up question. 31% of the world is Christian. Does that mean 69% of the world will go to hell for not believing in and accepting Christ as their savior?

I know a couple of answers many people will use in response to this:

"I have no idea. that's for God to answer, not me."
"yes, you MUST be a Christian and accept Christ as your savior. if not, you will go to hell."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2023, 12:09 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
I made a thread about this (why do people choose Christianity as their religion?) but I have a follow-up question. 31% of the world is Christian. Does that mean 69% of the world will go to hell for not believing in and accepting Christ as their savior?

"yes, you MUST be a Christian and accept Christ as your savior. if not, you will go to hell."
Well, what does John 3:16, 36; and Matthew 25:41,46 say? There's your answer according to the Bible. But you know that the Universalists and the annihilationists are going to give you different answers.

Old 03-25-2023, 12:17 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times
Quote:

Scripture states that 'nothing unclean will enter heaven' and that we are 'not to judge others' as we cannot know the state of their souls in relation to Christ;

however we can know the state of our own by asking ourselves 'did I do all that HE asks of me, with the time I was given while here on this earth'?

Old 03-25-2023, 12:20 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Well, what does John 3:16, 36; and Matthew 25:41,46 say? There's your answer according to the Bible. But you know that the Universalists and the annihilationists are going to give you different answers.
My answer is based on the scriptures, according to the Bible. I do believe that many will experience tribulation, loss, separation, punishment, exclusion, during the ages, as presented in the scriptures, but not in eternal hell which is not supported in the scriptures. God is calling us to come to Him now and live for Him. Jesus died for us and rose again. He loves us. God is not a God of hate.

2 Corinthians 5:15 And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died for them and was raised again. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

God bless.

Old 03-25-2023, 12:30 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
I don’t believe it is as black and white as that

Look at the words used to describe hell, and at their meaning and also when they are referring to and who they are referring to

I think what happens is that things are taken out of their context and relationship to the higher, the same, and and the lower levels

Like psalm 23

Psa 23:1**A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psa 23:2**He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3**He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4**Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5**Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6**Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Old 03-25-2023, 12:45 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,934 times
Quote:

I have a real problem with anyone predicticting if ANYONE , will either go to hell, or is IN hell.

In fact, I'm not sure ANYONE is in hell.

Now, I suspect there will be those who now predict I'm going to hell.

Old 03-25-2023, 12:47 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
My answer is based on the scriptures, according to the Bible. I do believe that many will experience tribulation, loss, separation, punishment, exclusion, during the ages, as presented in the scriptures, but not in eternal hell which is not supported in the scriptures. God is calling us to come to Him now and live for Him. Jesus died for us and rose again. He loves us. God is not a God of hate.

2 Corinthians 5:15 And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died for them and was raised again. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

God bless.
Hi Shana.

You know that those who believe in eternal separation from God say that it is supported in the Bible and those who believe in Universalism and those who believe in annihilationism say that it isn't. And after arguing on and on and on, no one's position is going to be changed.

Eternal separation is not based on God 'hating' anyone. It's simply a legal matter. But I'm on my way to the gym for a workout so I won't take the time to explain. It wouldn't do any good anyway.

Old 03-25-2023, 12:57 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Hi Shana.

You know that those who believe in eternal separation from God say that it is supported in the Bible and those who believe in Universalism and those who believe in annihilationism say that it isn't. And after arguing on and on and on, no one's position is going to be changed.

Eternal separation is not based on God 'hating' anyone. It's simply a legal matter. But I'm on my way to the gym for a workout so I won't take the time to explain. It wouldn't do any good anyway.
Michael, never ending torment for all of eternity, is not supported in God's laws and it is hateful. God knows all things. Can you close your eyes and think of torment that goes on forever and ever and ever and ever with no end in sight? That is sick and it is not what God is about. It was not even uttered in the beginning of creation, to Adam for his disobedience. The penalty was death. God who knows all things, tells us to love our enemies and He is described as agape love. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-25-2023 at 01:57 PM..

Old 03-25-2023, 02:11 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:

Yes. They will. Jesus is the savior. Without him, there is no way to be righteous before God.

Old 03-25-2023, 02:37 PM

43,055 posts, read 18,231,767 times
Men created a "hell"on paper with a pen...do you believe those men ?

Nobody in the world KNOWS what happens after. We know what men wrote and tell us.

I grew up Catholic and as far as that religion goes...it's ONLY the good Catholics that get into heaven. All other christians and other religions are all going to hell. And that's that.

Does that sound like it was "inspired" ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity