Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 04:44 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,082,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, YOU miss the point. You have no clue what the Holy Spirit is like because you have used conflicting, contradictory, inconsistent, and primitive interpretations in scripture! I am only willing to believe what Jesus PERSONALLY revealed and demonstrated about what God's Holy Spirit is like. I am NOT willing to believe what our primitive ancestors THOUGHT the Holy Spirit was like from their interpretations of scripture. YOU and too many Christians make the same mistake our primitive ancestors did and use the scriptures to try to understand God's Holy Spirit instead of Jesus! Big mistake! Huge!
A hateful person will project their (self)hatred onto others, and even try to justify their self loathing by creating a deity who is as hateful and intolerant as they are. Best thing sometimes, is to just walk away and let them wallow in their self pity and self loathing, and let them keep their toxicity within their own little church

Sad that is what exists in many fundegelical circles, a few catholic too, but you have the right idea Mystic. If we are to create a god, then as loving, humanitarian people, we should create a really good and loving one, and not try to pigeonhole one that was created thousands of years ago into today's society. It really did not work then, and really does not work now.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MysticPhD again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

Jesus said he destroyed the unbelievers. Why won't you believe that?
And how do you know this? OR why do you believe this? DO you have any real evidence that Jesus ever said that? Or ever said most of what he supposedly said?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2023, 04:46 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

And how do you know this? OR why do you believe this? DO you have any real evidence that Jesus ever said that? Or ever said most of what he supposedly said?
Because we believe Jude was an apostle. The words that Jude wrote were inspired by God, who does not make mistakes. So we either believe what all of Christendom has believed for 2000 years, or we believe what some guy on the internet says in 2023.

I believe God, not some guy.

Old 04-25-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
I've been to see George Anderson, and he is the REAL DEAL. www.georgeanderson.com I gave him a phony name and address and he gave me information about our son that no one could have known. The idea that there are demons and the demonic realm is truly nuts. The comments mostly are from people that are close minded and demonize anyone that doesn't believe exactly the way they believe. Talk about demonic.

There are other religions besides christianity. In fact there are more non christians than christians in this world. In my good book I say live and let live and stop judging others for not believing what you believe. Also, belief is just another way of saying you don't know. There is belief and then there is knowledge, which you can only get through and actual experience. Also, the bible was written over centuries, in different languages and it's impossible to know how much is actually true and how much in the bible is wishful thinking. I'm not christian, thank god, but I don't think he would want his people to be so hateful and close minded. The bible sounds like a fairy tale, which it is.
WELL Hang on a second

Read this

This is how psychics work
Knowing the psychology at work would allow anyone to guess details that no one would know, should know, or in many cases, are just not true.

Anyone can do it, I would not be so deceptive, but some are.

Now yes, the Bible IS A fairy tale, and true, most of the writers were unknown, and besides being a poorly written and dull fairy tale, it has enough people duped into believing it. Which would make Jesus turn over in his grave and P T Barnum sit up and smile in his.

I agree, there are no demons, demons are just a creation of humans who do not want to take responsibility for their own choices and as a great excuse for explaining otherwise random events which are acts of nature and outside of one's control.

Old 04-25-2023, 06:25 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
I've used his Words. You, on the other hand, tell me you made up an idea in your mind and it agrees with what you think Jesus is like.
You keep lying about me which helps you to ignore my views but it is dishonest, BF. I "made up" NOTHING. I encountered the consciousness of God in deep meditation and it instantly erased my atheism. The descriptions of Jesus and His Holy Spirit EXACTLY match the consciousness I encountered. That is why I adopted Christianity.
Quote:
Jesus said no such thing. Your misguided teachers convinced you that everything in the Bible came from Jesus, which is complete nonsense. The Bible contains inspirations (NOT Dictation) from God INTERPRETED by our ignorant primitive ancestors who believed in a wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by us with blood sacrifice for "whatever." Their misbegotten beliefs are WHY Jesus was needed and why He came PERSONALLY to show them what God is actually like.

Old 04-25-2023, 06:34 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
I've used his Words. You, on the other hand, tell me you made up an idea in your mind and it agrees with what you think Jesus is like.
You keep lying about me which helps you to ignore my views but it is dishonest, BF. I "made up" NOTHING. I encountered the consciousness of God in deep meditation and it instantly erased my atheism. The descriptions of Jesus and His Holy Spirit EXACTLY match the consciousness I encountered. That is why I adopted Christianity.
Quote:
Jesus said no such thing. Your misguided teachers convinced you that everything in the Bible came from Jesus, which is complete nonsense. The Bible contains inspirations (NOT Dictation) from God INTERPRETED by our ignorant primitive ancestors who believed in a wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by us with blood sacrifice for "whatever." Their misbegotten beliefs are WHY Jesus was needed and why He came PERSONALLY to show them what God is actually like.

Old 04-25-2023, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Because we believe Jude was an apostle. The words that Jude wrote were inspired by God, who does not make mistakes. So we either believe what all of Christendom has believed for 2000 years, or we believe what some guy on the internet says in 2023.

I believe God, not some guy.
Would that be the same god who had to destroy his creation because he messed it up the first time? Or the one who had to destroy people he did not like, but was not smart enough to know where they were so someone had to put a handprint on doors for him?
The one who had a plan, but in his imperfection, could not see that it would not work? That one?

Back with the "Either/OR" Which shows binary viewpoints, but a lack of critical thinking......

You do know, I would hope, that "Jude" was not the author of the Epistle of Jude, and that authorship is still debatable? I would suggest you do a little more scholarship in your commentary about the Bible. The real Jude, any relative of Jesus, was likely a laborer and therefore, like Jesus, Illiterate. It was, as far as anyone can tell, written in Koine Greek, a language neither Jesus nor his disciples would have known.

As for what Jesus said, being that we are not even certain of WHO the writer in mention even was, I ask again, WHY DO you believe this? Because you were told it from an early age? Because someone else told you? Because of fear? Because it fulfills your hateful agenda?

Oh and I re-read it for the umpteenth time.. It mentions God (in the Old Testament) destroying unbelievers he brought out of Egypt....nothing about Jesus destroying people.
κύριος Lord or Master, in reference to Egypt, pre-Christian...

I realize that you are not one of the more intellectual members of this forum, nor one who has the highest of self esteem. And honestly, no one cares, because many ideas from many people, yours included, make this forum what it is. But if you would engage people in a more friendly way, you might find that this forum has the ability to help you open your worldview and improve your insights as well.

BTW Jude also mentions in Greek dendra akarpa trees unfruitful...so perhaps look within and then think about what else the Epistle might mean.....?

SO Again, I ask WHY Do you believe what you believe about this topic?

OH and I will give you ONE Post you got right. Psychics and mediums are charletans and the evidence for this is overwhelming. The psychology behind this has been well illustrated in the post #43. Follow the links I posted and read what goes on to make people believe and want to believe that psychics offer some answers.

Old 04-25-2023, 08:10 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Would that be the same god who had to destroy his creation because he messed it up the first time? Or the one who had to destroy people he did not like, but was not smart enough to know where they were so someone had to put a handprint on doors for him?
The one who had a plan, but in his imperfection, could not see that it would not work? That one?

Back with the "Either/OR" Which shows binary viewpoints, but a lack of critical thinking......

You do know, I would hope, that "Jude" was not the author of the Epistle of Jude, and that authorship is still debatable? I would suggest you do a little more scholarship in your commentary about the Bible. The real Jude, any relative of Jesus, was likely a laborer and therefore, like Jesus, Illiterate. It was, as far as anyone can tell, written in Koine Greek, a language neither Jesus nor his disciples would have known.

As for what Jesus said, being that we are not even certain of WHO the writer in mention even was, I ask again, WHY DO you believe this? Because you were told it from an early age? Because someone else told you? Because of fear? Because it fulfills your hateful agenda?

Oh and I re-read it for the umpteenth time.. It mentions God (in the Old Testament) destroying unbelievers he brought out of Egypt....nothing about Jesus destroying people.

I realize that you are not one of the more intellectual members of this forum, nor one who has the highest of self esteem. And honestly, no one cares, because many ideas from many people, yours included, make this forum what it is. But if you would engage people in a more friendly way, you might find that this forum has the ability to help you open your worldview and improve your insights as well.

BTW Jude also mentions in Greek dendra akarpa trees unfruitful...so perhaps look within and then think about what else the Epistle might mean.....?

SO Again, I ask WHY Do you believe what you believe about this topic?

OH and I will give you ONE Post you got right. Psychics and mediums are charletans and the evidence for this is overwhelming. The psychology behind this has been well illustrated in the post #43. Follow the links I posted and read what goes on to make people believe and want to believe that psychics offer some answers.
How I see it is Mystic and BF are personally engaged in a dynamic with each other that is driven by their Eastern vs western viewpoint/perspective at the religious, philosophical and theological level

Old 04-26-2023, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You've told a story. A story that disagrees with what God has revealed. Why would anyone have any reason to believe you when you have departed so drastically from what Scripture says?

Gal 1:8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!"

Quote:

Jesus said no such thing. Your misguided teachers convinced you that everything in the Bible came from Jesus, which is complete nonsense.

The Bible contains inspirations (NOT Dictation) from God INTERPRETED by our ignorant primitive ancestors who believed in a wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by us with blood sacrifice for "whatever."
He is God. He claimed to be God -- by using the name of God for himself ("I AM") He was there in the beginning, and everything was created by him.

Jude was a prophet, who spoke not his own words, but the words of God, carried along by the Spirit. (2 Peter 1:21)

Quote:
Their misbegotten beliefs are WHY Jesus was needed and why He came PERSONALLY to show them what God is actually like.
And if you are going to claim the name of Jesus for yourself, you really should believe what Jesus said about himself, and what those close to him said. THIS is why we have an issue with you. You pick and choose the parts you like.

Old 04-26-2023, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Straw man. He knew from the foundations of the world what would happen. He is omniscient. And he predestined his people for salvation.
Quote:

Of course Jude wrote it. It was probably 20 years after Jesus. And you do know that people can learn to read and write....right?
Quote:

Jude says Jesus destroyed them, because Jesus is God.
Quote:

Ok, we're done here. If you are going to get into the personal insults, then I got nothing for you. I'm willing to take a little bit of your obstinance in a friendly debate, but you chose to make this personal. So that's it.

I'm quite confident my IQ is higher than your's, and I'm quite confident I have more education, but hey...Cat is now calling people stupid. So we're done.

Old 04-26-2023, 07:29 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
I've posted this topic before but I thought I'd post it again...

There are a lot of mediums and clairvoyants that exist. A lot of celebrities that claim they can communicate with the dead. Tyler Henry being a popular one I know about.

Not sure if anyone has watched Tyler Henry on YouTube but he's been able to impress a lot of skeptics who get readings from him. He tells his client things about them that they say nobody would ever know.

In the bible, there are many verses that says anyone who goes to a medium instead of God will be punished so it's clear that God discourages going to a medium.

I remember in one episode, Tyler is asked about this. Tyler said he does and says there is a difference between mediums in the bible and mediums now.

What do you all think? Is what Tyler and other celebrities do against the Christian faith? And does Tyler prove that there is indeed something on the "other side"? Is there some spiritual world that exists that only some people can communicate with? Tyler has admitted that he has no idea what's beyond the grave, but he does admit we do continue to exist in some form after death.
Hi I believe that the physically dead are dead and that they are not communicating with the living. But I do believe that powers of the evil one may be communicating with mediums or clairvoyants. The scriptures tell us that all the treasusres wisdom and knowledge are found in Jesus.

Colossians 2

For I want you to know how great a struggle I have on your behalf and for those who are at Laodicea, and for all those who have not [a]personally seen my face, 2 that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth [b]that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ Himself, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

I did have a former roommate that I visited who said that she was able to communicate with her deceased relatives. While I was visiting she told me that she was communicating with them at that time when I was in the room. I also know that my former roommate told me that she had multiple personality disorder due to trauma that she experienced as a baby. I don't know if this had something to do with it. But when we were roommates she use to say that she had a sixth sense. I agree that we need to be careful about exploring this and trust in the Lord in all things, and ask if this is bringing glory to Him or not. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity