Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2023, 10:48 AM

501 posts, read 168,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Are we end the days? The countdown clock began in 1948. Israel is prepared for the return of the Temple. There are certainly spiritual forces at work happening all over for the first, including the proselytizing of children in schools. There are Biblical signs this passover in the stars this year.

Im under the personal belief that it will start in the second half of this decade.

As for this passage, it is one the plagues put down on the Earth during the Tribulation. It has nothing to do with man-made global warming.
I don't peg the beginning of the End Times to precisely 1948 because I believe the Holocaust and the development of nuclear weapons were equally significant.

People in many periods since the time of Christ have thought they were in the End Times. However, over the past 100 years humankind has experienced unprecedented events, some manmade and some not, that make the End far more likely and plausible than it has ever been before and that mesh quite well with the biblical warnings.

Equally significant is Jesus' statement that we will always have such signs but in the End Times they will increase in frequency and intensity like labor pains. I believe this is exactly what we are seeing and experiencing.

I often say that if I weren't a Christian at all, the events just of my lifetime and especially over the past 25-50 years would be enough to make me wonder if perhaps Christianity might be worth investigating. I'm always amused at how often my non-believing friends refer to startling events in the news as "almost biblical" or as being of "biblical proportions."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2023, 10:51 AM

11,090 posts, read 7,149,943 times
Oh, the people who can't focus on making the most of every day, which is gift. These folk who ignore Jesus' words of don't worry about tomorrow, God never gives us more than we can handle, and salvation in Jesus and the peace it should bring.

If you think life sucks, you're basically burning and rejecting the gift of life. The problem isn't on the outside and with other people; it's internal and with you, to fix.

Stop the doom and gloom, and grab hold of the beauty, life, and light of Christ. Stay close to the Holy Spirit, and clean up your spiritual / attitudinal / emotion "backyard". Shut off the "news" and other poisonous garbage. Get outside and soak in the wonders of nature. No one will do it for you.

Old 08-11-2023, 01:45 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We've been in the end days since Jesus.
Right.

Old 08-11-2023, 01:56 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,281,874 times
Head over to the prepper subforum. They definitely believe it's going down.

Old 08-11-2023, 02:06 PM

4,297 posts, read 1,555,415 times
"This generation shall not pass..." etc.

Old 08-11-2023, 02:06 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,446,664 times
If we are in the last of the last days, we should be very excited! This world is passing away. We shouldn't love it at all. When Jesus comes back, we will have true peace. Also when He comes back, our bodies will be redeemed. In the meantime, we are working in His field. As we watch for His return, let's occupy what He left for us. Let us also pray He will send more workers into the field.

Old 08-11-2023, 02:24 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
If we are in the last of the last days, we should be very excited! This world is passing away. We shouldn't love it at all. When Jesus comes back, we will have true peace. Also when He comes back, our bodies will be redeemed. In the meantime, we are working in His field. As we watch for His return, let's occupy what He left for us. Let us also pray He will send more workers into the field.
Yes exactly

I believe we are in an end times, and we shouldn’t be concerning ourselves with things we can’t change- it is the social environment that needs to be changed and reformed in how we deal with each other in the here and now, it is that which will affect and influence future generations

I was just looking at this verse

A Living Sacrifice
Rom 12:1**I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2**And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

What is the will of God - Love God and neighbour as self, isn’t it?

Last edited by Meerkat2; 08-11-2023 at 02:51 PM..

Old 08-11-2023, 02:58 PM

11,090 posts, read 7,149,943 times
I've been hearing "we are in the end times" since the 1960's when I was a kid. And yet, I don't see anything actually different on a grand / cosmic / spiritual level.

Sure, there's plenty of fussing and griping and painting everything as horrible and going down the drain. But that's just talk, and negative talk. It's just blowing smoke and being cynical. There's nothing significant behind it all; just negative human stupidity. And it's certainly the "in thing" these days.

The talk and sentiment could be turned around to being more positive and productive - like it used to be. And guess what? The talk of end times would be reduced. I'm not expecting that, but the correlation is unmistakable.

Step back and off the bandwagon, and see things for how they're being portrayed. See the bogus picture running the show. Don't confuse the "movie" being created by people and others as reality and real life. See through it all.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 08-11-2023 at 03:22 PM..

Old 08-11-2023, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yes exactly

I believe we are in an end times, and we shouldn’t be concerning ourselves with things we can’t change- it is the social environment that needs to be changed and reformed in how we deal with each other in the here and now, it is that which will affect and influence future generations

I was just looking at this verse

A Living Sacrifice
Rom 12:1**I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2**And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

What is the will of God - Love God and neighbour as self, isn’t it?
Yep!!!

Our strength knowing He first loved us.

Old 08-11-2023, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I've been hearing "we are in the end times" since the 1960's when I was a kid. And yet, I don't see anything actually different on a grand / cosmic / spiritual level.

Sure, there's plenty of fussing and griping and painting everything as horrible and going down the drain. But that's just talk, and negative talk. It's just blowing smoke and being cynical. There's nothing significant behind it all; just negative human stupidity. And it's certainly the "in thing" these days.

The talk and sentiment could be turned around to being more positive and productive - like it used to be. And guess what? The talk of end times would be reduced. I'm not expecting that, but the correlation is unmistakable.

Step back and off the bandwagon, and see things for how they're being portrayed. See the bogus picture running the show. Don't confuse the "movie" being created by people and others as reality and real life. It's disappointing for Christians to be as confused and blind as the rest of the world, so get it together. See through it all.
We shouldn't become complacent. Every generation of Christians believed Jesus was coming in their day. We are no different. Should the Lord tarry, the next generation should keep this same mind.

If we think He isn't coming soon, that is when we become relaxed, and lax. When the people of Israel saw Moses not come down from Mount Horeb for 40 days, they fell into idol worship. When Samuel didn't come to Saul at the exact time he stated to make a sacrifice, Saul himself made a sacrifice to the Lord. (Something only the priests could do) So we should learn from those examples. Watching for the Lord's return keeps us on our toes if you would. It keeps us diligent.

Above all else, we should want Him to return as soon as possible. This world is full of evil. It is full of pain and heartache. When Jesus comes back, He Himself will rule the world. No more dumb elections, full of crappy representation. Jesus Himself will represent the world, giving justice to everyone and ruling rightly. To the point that even predatorial animals will be at peace with their prey. Which world should we love? This one, or the world where Jesus reigns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity