Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2023, 02:31 PM

251 posts, read 77,756 times

Advertisements

Notice something about the Lamb's [Jesus'] wife? She has a certain attribute about her, righteousness. The Lamb's wife will have made herself ready. She was given garments of fine linen, which is the righteousness of the Saints. The Saints are doers of the Word, not depending on the Lord's righteousness to cover up their ongoing unrighteous deeds that defile one's garments.

Revelation 19
[6] And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
[7] Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb [Jesus] is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
[8] And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
[9] And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. (KJV)

What defiles one's garments? Jesus tell us.

Mark 7
[20] And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
[21] For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
[22] Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
[23] All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. (KJV)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2023, 02:36 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Bridle? As in horses? What's that got to do with the passages quoted?

Old 09-26-2023, 02:36 PM

33,278 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Are my garments defiled? Well, something from the 45 lb plates at the gym rubbed off on several of my white T-shirts. It took bleach to get it off.

Old 09-26-2023, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Bridle? As in horses? What's that got to do with the passages quoted?
Not a bridle for horses, but a wedding.

Old 09-26-2023, 02:43 PM

11,114 posts, read 7,174,871 times
My horses, and their garments, are not defiled. How dare you!

You have been removed from the wedding list.

Old 09-26-2023, 02:56 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-07-07 View Post
Not a bridle for horses, but a wedding.
Bridal

Old 09-26-2023, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Bridal
Sorry, yes you are correct.

Old 09-28-2023, 03:55 PM

424 posts, read 92,956 times
John 14:
Yup, Trust the Father, trust Jesus, Counsellor comes, love both the Father and the Son, then obey, continue his work that will bring glory to his and our Father!

If the garments are clean, God the Father, who said I am Holy, will also stay.

NIV Rev 21:7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts [the original text talks about an enchanter with drugs], the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Basically keep yourself HOLY/CLEAN. If one couldn't then get attached to a faith that proclaims forgiveness.

Old 09-29-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjack567 View Post
John 14:
Yup, Trust the Father, trust Jesus, Counsellor comes, love both the Father and the Son, then obey, continue his work that will bring glory to his and our Father!

If the garments are clean, God the Father, who said I am Holy, will also stay.

NIV Rev 21:7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts [the original text talks about an enchanter with drugs], the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Basically keep yourself HOLY/CLEAN. If one couldn't then get attached to a faith that proclaims forgiveness.
Yes, God's people are holy and undefiled by works of unrighteousness.

Old 10-02-2023, 03:01 PM

7,369 posts, read 4,149,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-07-07 View Post
Revelation 19
[6] And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
[7] Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb [Jesus] is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
[8] And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
[9] And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. (KJV)

What defiles one's garments? Jesus tell us.

Mark 7
[20] And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
[21] For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
[22] Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
[23] All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. (KJV)
Jesus is the son of God - He does not marry or have a wife.

So the lamb here is NOT Jesus.

It is closer to:

Quote:
Matthew Chapter 22

1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,

2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:

6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Many are called and few are ready for the Kingdom of Heaven.

The lamb in Revelations is ready for Heaven as she is appropriately dressed.

Lots of things defile men/women.

BTW - Who would be Jesus the Son of God's wife be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity