Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 06:44 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times

Advertisements

Check!!! Check!!!))))))))))))))
Bud;
This is an, "It's going to be alright reminder!!!
Luv;
Your sister in Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 08:56 PM

246 posts, read 649,322 times
yhwh - yes, yes, definitely not the glory Right on with that one

I'll take a rep, sure.

not me that's in the CG, but my hubby - well, by default I am, I guess!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GausJAMS View Post
yhwh - yes, yes, definitely not the glory Right on with that one

I'll take a rep, sure.

not me that's in the CG, but my hubby - well, by default I am, I guess!

Amen to that..
Military wives are soldiers too"
(I take that back, most of them)
I've seen some in my time in service that were great hindrances"
But you are the kind that we need backing up our Armed Forces;
women who will pray for their husbands, and their units, and the Armed Forces, and the USA
God Bless You
p.s. don't know why but I couldn't rep you.....
anyway I owe you one

Old 06-12-2008, 12:58 PM

246 posts, read 649,322 times
Default ya wanna start a new thread?! ha! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Amen to that..
Military wives are soldiers too"
(I take that back, most of them)
I've seen some in my time in service that were great hindrances"
But you are the kind that we need backing up our Armed Forces;
women who will pray for their husbands, and their units, and the Armed Forces, and the USA
God Bless You
p.s. don't know why but I couldn't rep you.....
anyway I owe you one
Gees, thanks for that. (I stand convicted, right now)

I fail over and over again. Thankfully, Jesus is there to clean away the mess. He who has began a good work (in me) will continue - thanks be to God! whew!

Truly, we talk about missions and reaching the lost in other countries, etc - we should begin with the military! Such a desperate need. (I know there are on-going efforts out there, just never been around to see, experience, or get involved with one myself)

What aspect of the military have you experienced?

Old 06-14-2008, 07:42 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Default For we are not ignorant of his devices...

Hi Bud,

Haven't seen you around the forum lately and I wondered how you guys are doing?

I hope that both you and your precious wife have begun to get some perspective on what happenened over the past weeks.

It is hard when someone offends us in the Lord. We have our defenses down. We trust our brothers and sisters in the Lord because the Word tells us we should. Sadly, we are all clay pots - earthen vessels. Ministers put on their shoes, one foot at a time.. they are not perfect. While she seemed rude and insensitive, I don't think it was an intentional attack or that she meant to cut off your wife's testimony. We have to offer the same forgiveness to others that we need ourselves - for our unintentional wrongs. I'm sure all of us do things all of the time that offend other people - and we don't even know it at the time.

I know you went to them and asked for an apology according to the Word and they refused to acknowlege their wrong. You did the right thing. Now, I hope you've found it in your heart - the ability to pray for them... because you must.

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

It is part of the christian life to forgive others who sometimes do not seem to deserve our forgiveness. But, we have to remember that Jesus really does know how it feels to be put down, to be wrongly accused, to be let down by His closest friends... to be hung on a cross and publicly ridiculed... and He did it all because He loves us so deeply.

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings....

Happy Father's Day!

Last edited by World Citizen; 06-14-2008 at 08:03 AM..

Old 06-15-2008, 11:16 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Default Jesus knows and He understands...

Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

God loves you!

Last edited by World Citizen; 06-15-2008 at 11:41 AM..

Old 06-16-2008, 11:36 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Hi Bud,

Haven't seen you around the forum lately and I wondered how you guys are doing?

I hope that both you and your precious wife have begun to get some perspective on what happenened over the past weeks.

It is hard when someone offends us in the Lord. We have our defenses down. We trust our brothers and sisters in the Lord because the Word tells us we should. Sadly, we are all clay pots - earthen vessels. Ministers put on their shoes, one foot at a time.. they are not perfect. While she seemed rude and insensitive, I don't think it was an intentional attack or that she meant to cut off your wife's testimony. We have to offer the same forgiveness to others that we need ourselves - for our unintentional wrongs. I'm sure all of us do things all of the time that offend other people - and we don't even know it at the time.

I know you went to them and asked for an apology according to the Word and they refused to acknowlege their wrong. You did the right thing. Now, I hope you've found it in your heart - the ability to pray for them... because you must.

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

It is part of the christian life to forgive others who sometimes do not seem to deserve our forgiveness. But, we have to remember that Jesus really does know how it feels to be put down, to be wrongly accused, to be let down by His closest friends... to be hung on a cross and publicly ridiculed... and He did it all because He loves us so deeply.

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings....

Happy Father's Day!

Thank you all for the kind words and advice! Yes, we did communicate with them how and why we felt offended, and kind of recieved a "it's not my fault, I didn't do it, it didn't happen, and you're wrong" kind of answer, and no apology. There is quite a bit more to this, but I don't feel led to state all of it on the forum. It just makes me feel sad, that we apparently must look for church fellowship elsewhere....because there are people there in that church that I love dearly. When we don't apologize for hurting or offending others, or acknowledge if or when we are wrong, then I think we just hurt ourselves. I also think, in such cases, that the Lord "re-programs" the daily course of our lives....so that we have to confront the same lesson all over again, until we eventually "get it". Maybe not with the same persons, but with someone, somewhere. I don't hate them, I just feel a sadness about it. I just don't understand what is so hard about it: you just apologize, give each other a big hug, and then get on with life and everybody is happy...it's easy. (or at least I thought it was)
Perhaps the Lord is using this experience as a way to tell us that He wants us elsewhere? I don't know...
I have to apologize to you all for the delay in answering PM's and posts: our internet at home is down, and will be for perhaps another 2 or 3 weeks, until major repairs can be made. I don't want to seem to be ignoring you, but I'm kind of handicapped at the moment in making replies...I have only this computer at work, which I can use on my breaks.
I agree: it is time for my wife and I to do prayer....and we will!
We are going on vacation for 2 weeks, then when we get back we'll see what happens...

Bud

Old 06-16-2008, 12:39 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,981 times
We will pray for you in this tough situation. God is only looking at your attitude when people hurt you. You sure can't control theirs. I agree that maybe this is an indication to move on to another group.
An elderly man said this poem once...
To live about with saints we love
Oh what glory
but to live below with saints we know
that's another story
Our trust has to be with Christ alone because people will always fail us...

Old 06-16-2008, 08:42 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,860,287 times
My advise is find another church.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budinak View Post
thank You all For The Kind Words And Advice! Yes, We Did Communicate With Them How And Why We Felt Offended, And Kind Of Recieved A "it's Not My Fault, I Didn't Do It, It Didn't Happen, And You're Wrong" Kind Of Answer, And No Apology. There Is Quite A Bit More To This, But I Don't Feel Led To State All Of It On The Forum. It Just Makes Me Feel Sad, That We Apparently Must Look For Church Fellowship Elsewhere....because There Are People There In That Church That I Love Dearly. When We Don't Apologize For Hurting Or Offending Others, Or Acknowledge If Or When We Are Wrong, Then I Think We Just Hurt Ourselves. I Also Think, In Such Cases, That The Lord "re-programs" The Daily Course Of Our Lives....so That We Have To Confront The Same Lesson All Over Again, Until We Eventually "get It". Maybe Not With The Same Persons, But With Someone, Somewhere. I Don't Hate Them, I Just Feel A Sadness About It. I Just Don't Understand What Is So Hard About It: You Just Apologize, Give Each Other A Big Hug, And Then Get On With Life
Quote:
and Everybody Is Happy...it's Easy. (or At Least I Thought It Was)
Perhaps The Lord Is Using This Experience As A Way To Tell Us That He Wants Us Elsewhere? I Don't Know...
I Have To Apologize To You All For The Delay In Answering Pm's And Posts: Our Internet At Home Is Down, And Will Be For Perhaps Another 2 Or 3 Weeks, Until Major Repairs Can Be Made. I Don't Want To Seem To Be Ignoring You, But I'm Kind Of Handicapped At The Moment In Making Replies...i Have Only This Computer At Work, Which I Can Use On My Breaks.
I Agree: It Is Time For My Wife And I To Do Prayer....and We Will!
We Are Going On Vacation For 2 Weeks, Then When We Get Back We'll See What Happens...

Bud
Quote: yhwhshalomjr
Okay Bud;
Enough Information, Brother
This May Be A Good Time To Cut Out Of There"
That's Really Creepy, When They As Ministers Won't Take Ownership In No Way
Of What Has Taken Place And Make It Right, As A Man/leader Of God
This Sounds Prideful;arrogant To Say The Least;
This Sounds Totally Ungodly......
But Before Had Given Them The Benefit Of The Doubt.
A Pastor Did A Teaching This Morning On "what's In You?"
Stating That God Causes Christians To Have A Pure Undefiled Heart, These Are The Believers Who Haven't Got It All Together, But Are Striving Daily To Get Those Things That Are Wrong In Their Lives And Try To Make It Right (spiritual Life) with God and others, to include their brothers and sisters in the Lord
I Will Try To Paste The Website That Has This Teaching, After I Locate It..
But If The Church Won't Make It Right- Amiable, Then Who??
I Wouldn't Follow This Type Of Leader To The Store..
Hasta La Vista!!!! I'm Outta There, Cut My Losses And Pray For God To Show Me Where To Go.
Since There Are Tares Among The Wheat, And Wolves Amongst The Sheep;
I'd Feel Safer Hearing And Relying Solely On The Holy Spirit, And Not Allow This
To Make You Bitter;
My Prayers Are With You And Your Wife...
God Bless You Both

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 06-17-2008 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: messed the quotes up here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity