Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 09:03 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times

Advertisements

People who tell you what to think are never your friend. Intent doesn't matter.

Jesus isn't your savior. He is your example so you can achieve your highest self. Think about how He dealt with people. Think about what powers He had and how He used them.

People who want their children to be carbon copies of them won't get this. They don't understand unconditional love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2023, 09:25 PM

2,859 posts, read 1,804,521 times
For me, Prayed, accepted my husband as he was, loved him much. Worked on myself, to be a better person. It seemed when I accepted him, just lived our lives, our relationship mellowed out ?

Bruce attended church with us, when 9 years into our marriage, went to see the pastor.on a weekday. The pastor shared his story, asked Bruce about accepting Christ (This was 45 years ago !). Bruce accepted Christ as his Savior; the church believed in immersion Baptism immediately. It was 5 pm ! Don't remember wet clothes !

Sand and Salt, it was GOD'S time, in Bruce's life.

Prayers for both of you.

Old 10-15-2023, 10:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AblopvsYCpY&t=4s

Old 10-16-2023, 12:06 AM

4,859 posts, read 450,647 times
LOGICALLY, it is impossible to prove our faith. The beliefs we hold are too deep and profound for (mere) logic.

You want to talk about relativity and quarks and light years and the Scientific Method and the average number of peas in a pod? Logic is for all of that stuff. Logical. Measurable. Predictable, Observable. Faith is a different animal. Don't worry about it. You have nothing you need to prove. It's apples and oranges. It won't compute. Like mixing dog food and fertilizer. No reason to do that. It makes no sense.

Old 10-16-2023, 07:01 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,444,547 times
The real problem is, if there were believers out here living the full life, the works themselves would be the evidence would it not? People questioned Jesus, many turned away at one point during His time on earth, but no one, NO ONE could deny the miracles He did. It was the same for the apostles afterward. All they could do was beat them, throw them in prison, or ultimately kill them if given the chance.

If all this were happening today in plain sight, people would still reject the Way, but no one could dispute what was happening.

Old 10-16-2023, 07:34 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Find the words then.
Sometimes the words aren't enough.

Look at Basiliximab's post above yours. She's valiantly trying to put into words her own experience and feelings, but I can't relate to it. I spent a lifetime "asking Jesus to come into my heart" "surrendering", reading the Bible inside and out, and I never had the experiences she did. But you know what? She doesn't have to defend her belief to me.

Old 10-16-2023, 10:54 AM

10,438 posts, read 6,964,415 times
Christianity is defendable and ever part of the word is true. Its not your job to defend it though. Your personal relationship with God is enough, and if youre born again and have received the Holy Spirit, you will know it, which is always enough.

Old 10-16-2023, 11:18 AM

735 posts, read 407,850 times
I believe because I believe. I don't need God or Jesus to smack in the face to prove anything. Also, I refuse to argue with anyone about religion.

Old 10-16-2023, 11:25 AM

19 posts, read 4,157 times
If God lit the fire of faith in you he can also lite the fire of faith in your husband but not on your time table. Pray for the holy spirit to lite the fire of faith in your husband and be patient. Your husband is also free to reject it its his choice he may not accept it. Pray and live a life that shows your faith avoid evil and honour God.

Old 10-16-2023, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sometimes the words aren't enough.

Look at Basiliximab's post above yours. She's valiantly trying to put into words her own experience and feelings, but I can't relate to it. I spent a lifetime "asking Jesus to come into my heart" "surrendering", reading the Bible inside and out, and I never had the experiences she did. But you know what? She doesn't have to defend her belief to me.
The Moody Blues song I posted relates to be still and know that I am. I think its about tuining down the noise so you can hear that voice. No one can give you your answer.

I know you have been dealt some blows. It was dealing with Brittany's death that created the fire inside me to find my words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity