U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2008, 05:53 PM
 
Location: All around the world.....
2,886 posts, read 7,981,189 times
Reputation: 1071

Advertisements

Ah Yes!!
Blessed because June feels blessed;
Woke up with everything moving, shaking, cracking and rattling (glad to be alive)
Cats are okay, I'm okay,
The Lord heard my prayers last evening and answered them, collected my tears and didn't get mad at me for making stupid mistakes( ):
I didn't get to go anywhere today, which means that I saved about $10 in gas..
I met friends on cd that I didn't know I had, I got invited to a CD Bible party!!!!!!!yipee
People love me on here that I've never met face to face.. and I have the ability to love them back ( my heart has not hardened with the vissisitudes of life), my children are
blessed and sounded happy today.
I have a friend that will never leave me Christ Jesus, even though it seems like it sometimes, I have a security code that no man can crack, it's hidden on my knees"
It's a brighter day and I hear from Cd friends that I have missed because God answered
our prayers, Hey weather and aiangel and Hoosier, and Jania, and everyone else
God Bless Us All
With His Love
We can not fall.........
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2008, 05:59 PM
 
Location: All around the world.....
2,886 posts, read 7,981,189 times
Reputation: 1071
And "Greater is he that within me , than he that is in the world"
" If God be for us, who can be against us"?
"When the enemy comes in like a flood, the spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard against
him"
"When the enemy comes in one way, he'll flee seven different ways"
"Yea thou I walk through the valley, and the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.
"All of His promises to us are true"
More blessings
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,203 posts, read 12,395,311 times
Reputation: 1113
Blessed to have physical and temporal struggles that give me pause to be thankful for all things. Stretch my faith and trust in all things coming together for His glory.

His will be done.


godspeed,


freedom
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 10:58 PM
 
Location: Mississippi
3,927 posts, read 8,385,979 times
Reputation: 11410
Blessings come in all shapes and sizes. From small to large. From in your face to subtle.

Today, as I was laboring to get my monthly water bills out the door, I really didn't know if I had enough cards to get them all printed. I have on order 9000 but they have not arrived. As I put the cards into the printer, i said what will be will be. There are three water bills to each sheet. People, I used every sheet, and when the printer stopped, I held my breath as I checked if it needed more sheets. It said READY which means all had printed. I could not believe it! Then I checked the last page, and lo and behold, there was one bill out of the three on that sheet blank! God blessed me with enough sheets to complete my work. I immediately praised and thanked Him for answering my unspoken prayer for enough.

I then needed to tear the cards apart and sort them by zip code, count up each sorted pile and tally up how much I owed, write out the check and head to the post office. I needed to do this before our post office closed at 4pm. My clock showed 2 past as I got in my car. I hesitated and started to just get out and go tomorrow morning, but something stopped me and I went anyway. The postmaster was outside gathering mail from the outside boxes, and waved me on in, stating to leave them on the shelf and she would deal with them even though she had already closed. Just enough time to make it to the post office. wow...Two just enoughs within minutes of each other. I was certainly feeling Blessed.

Isn't it wonderful to find you have just enough???? Who needs overflowing when there is enough?

The Bible taught us this lesson with the manna. What a valuable lesson to remember.

God has promised to give us what we need, for us not to worry. Today, I witnessed such a small gesture of that promise.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2008, 09:51 PM
 
Location: UPSTATE SC
1,413 posts, read 2,340,022 times
Reputation: 637
Hi, I've been not posting for awhile, but YES, I have been blessed today.

I am alone with the kids in a state all by ourselves and I started to get pain from kidney stones . . . . . . have already had 4 kidney stints, and my husband is far away (in more ways than one), and my Mom in another state just had surgery . . . . who would watch my kids??????

I stayed in prayer and God took my pain away . . . had a wretched fever from kidney infection . . . . and he has healed that as well.

But MORE than that, I have been having personal, marital, financial, problems . . . . . yet I still am able to find Joy, and find Peace . . . because since I have been saved . . . . I have someone to go to, for Rest, who will not leave or forsake me . . . .I have been truly blessed!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2008, 10:38 PM
 
Location: All around the world.....
2,886 posts, read 7,981,189 times
Reputation: 1071
Smile amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Blessings come in all shapes and sizes. From small to large. From in your face to subtle.

Today, as I was laboring to get my monthly water bills out the door, I really didn't know if I had enough cards to get them all printed. I have on order 9000 but they have not arrived. As I put the cards into the printer, i said what will be will be. There are three water bills to each sheet. People, I used every sheet, and when the printer stopped, I held my breath as I checked if it needed more sheets. It said READY which means all had printed. I could not believe it! Then I checked the last page, and lo and behold, there was one bill out of the three on that sheet blank! God blessed me with enough sheets to complete my work. I immediately praised and thanked Him for answering my unspoken prayer for enough.

I then needed to tear the cards apart and sort them by zip code, count up each sorted pile and tally up how much I owed, write out the check and head to the post office. I needed to do this before our post office closed at 4pm. My clock showed 2 past as I got in my car. I hesitated and started to just get out and go tomorrow morning, but something stopped me and I went anyway. The postmaster was outside gathering mail from the outside boxes, and waved me on in, stating to leave them on the shelf and she would deal with them even though she had already closed. Just enough time to make it to the post office. wow...Two just enoughs within minutes of each other. I was certainly feeling Blessed.

Isn't it wonderful to find you have just enough???? Who needs overflowing when there is enough?

The Bible taught us this lesson with the manna. What a valuable lesson to remember.

God has promised to give us what we need, for us not to worry. Today, I witnessed such a small gesture of that promise.
Amen, Amen
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2008, 10:40 PM
 
Location: All around the world.....
2,886 posts, read 7,981,189 times
Reputation: 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Hi, I've been not posting for awhile, but YES, I have been blessed today.

I am alone with the kids in a state all by ourselves and I started to get pain from kidney stones . . . . . . have already had 4 kidney stints, and my husband is far away (in more ways than one), and my Mom in another state just had surgery . . . . who would watch my kids??????

I stayed in prayer and God took my pain away . . . had a wretched fever from kidney infection . . . . and he has healed that as well.

But MORE than that, I have been having personal, marital, financial, problems . . . . . yet I still am able to find Joy, and find Peace . . . because since I have been saved . . . . I have someone to go to, for Rest, who will not leave or forsake me . . . .I have been truly blessed!
Hallelujah
Praising God for you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2008, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,814 posts, read 6,561,887 times
Reputation: 2588
Yes, I'm breathing in clean air and am joyful to be living.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2008, 11:05 AM
 
Location: In Christ
246 posts, read 629,397 times
Reputation: 137
Blessed and not stressed! wooo-hooo

I am blessed, because I woke up this morning to a new day, a new outpouring of God's Spirit, a new portion of Joy, Mercy, and Grace - no matter how yesterday came to a close. I awoke with God-breathed, ordained life!

My hubby gone, my two girls, climbed in bed and snuggled a bit longer - special detail added to the day, straight from the Father's heart.

At breakfast, we shared some Word time. We looked up scriptures on loving one another. We memorized John 15:13 - "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." My two year old tried her very best, like her big sissy. And, while I thought I was sowing seeds into their life and teaching them about the Lord, wouldn't you know, the Holy Spirit grabbed my heart and poured into it as well - a double portion it seemed, with some Holy conviction sprinkled in. Met me right where I was and blessed me.

We covered how it is because God first loved us, that we can love Him (& others) and can be loved by Him, how He chose us and appointed us and called us. We had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was His love for us. Now, because His love is in us, we, too can strive to love as He commands, to love one another. And, because we are no longer servants to Christ, but beloved friends in Christ, we can know the will of God, because everything He tells His Son, His Son, Jesus, tells us, by His Holy Spirit -as long as we love with purity.

We also, learned that to hate is equal to murder, in God's eyes. WOw! How much do our actions/words/thoughts, at times, show more disdain, than love - very humbling, and very beautiful, because once again, we see just how awesomely gracious and full of mercy He truly is - a perfect love that casts out all fear. The very definition of Love is God.

Thank you, Lord, for this new day - the day that The Lord has made.

Father, Help me to obey your command to love more and more - allow your love to increase in me, so that I can "go and bear fruit" and that it would remain.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2008, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Mississippi
3,927 posts, read 8,385,979 times
Reputation: 11410
Quote:
Originally Posted by GausJAMS View Post
Blessed and not stressed! wooo-hooo

I am blessed, because I woke up this morning to a new day, a new outpouring of God's Spirit, a new portion of Joy, Mercy, and Grace - no matter how yesterday came to a close. I awoke with God-breathed, ordained life!

My hubby gone, my two girls, climbed in bed and snuggled a bit longer - special detail added to the day, straight from the Father's heart.

At breakfast, we shared some Word time. We looked up scriptures on loving one another. We memorized John 15:13 - "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." My two year old tried her very best, like her big sissy. And, while I thought I was sowing seeds into their life and teaching them about the Lord, wouldn't you know, the Holy Spirit grabbed my heart and poured into it as well - a double portion it seemed, with some Holy conviction sprinkled in. Met me right where I was and blessed me.

We covered how it is because God first loved us, that we can love Him (& others) and can be loved by Him, how He chose us and appointed us and called us. We had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was His love for us. Now, because His love is in us, we, too can strive to love as He commands, to love one another. And, because we are no longer servants to Christ, but beloved friends in Christ, we can know the will of God, because everything He tells His Son, His Son, Jesus, tells us, by His Holy Spirit -as long as we love with purity.

We also, learned that to hate is equal to murder, in God's eyes. WOw! How much do our actions/words/thoughts, at times, show more disdain, than love - very humbling, and very beautiful, because once again, we see just how awesomely gracious and full of mercy He truly is - a perfect love that casts out all fear. The very definition of Love is God.

Thank you, Lord, for this new day - the day that The Lord has made.

Father, Help me to obey your command to love more and more - allow your love to increase in me, so that I can "go and bear fruit" and that it would remain.

Wow...what a wonderful way to start the day! God is indeed looking upon your house with favor....

This is what this thread is all about...sharing blessings, all the while we continually become more blessed by reading others blessings..

thank you for sharing this in such a way that not only did I feel I was right there with you, but I felt the blessing myself...whoo hoo...Praise GOd for His LOVE....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top