Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 08:39 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I have the belief that how things operate is that the Holy Spirit being spirit works the through the medium of our spirit

Between our spirit and the Holy Spirit is our soul and our soul is where our consciousness is with its attachment to our intellectual/emotional capacities and I think that is what the Scriptures are referring to as our gifts

I think that when we are attuned or turn our attention to the spiritual realm that is when we will realise and develop our own particular type of gift, and it seems to me it’s not just one however there is probably one that is predominant
I personally believe that we are born with gifts that God can use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2023, 08:48 AM

10,111 posts, read 6,455,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
So, a straight forward question. What gift did He give you when you received Him? If you don't know, that's okay. Perhaps we can found that out in the discussion.
I got bupkis. Maybe that's why I converted to Judaism many years later.

Old 12-21-2023, 10:47 AM

11,902 posts, read 3,719,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I personally believe that we are born with gifts that God can use.
Yep

That is what I was meaning, What I tend to do is try to work out the how, when, why, etc how the relationships work

Last edited by Meerkat2; 12-21-2023 at 11:02 AM..

Old 12-21-2023, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I got bupkis. Maybe that's why I converted to Judaism many years later.
Just my opinion but I think that a lot of people don’t recognise the affiliation or attachment to the spiritual realm it’s like it is dormant or unconscious

We are all born with natural abilities that are connected to the spiritual, it is part of being human

Old 12-21-2023, 11:40 AM

23,203 posts, read 10,485,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Uncanny!! No kidding, that would have been my guess for you, Hanni!
All of you have the same fallen spirit you were born with, the rain of spirit came in its cycle and ended and now nobody has magical gifts and the only way to get a new spirit is to kick the old one out. The problem being, everyone thinks they have the holy spirit so they are not interested in change. The only way to make a change is if God gives your two witnesses power, and he only does that so you will know and realize a spirit is in you. You are given power and become full of vanity, you do miracles and you think you have arrived until it won't stop, until you realize that the abomination of desolation is in you, you are the temple.

If God gives your two witnesses power, insanity ensues.

What?

You think you have the holy spirit?

Old 12-21-2023, 11:49 AM

2,453 posts, read 1,457,053 times
Some of the gifts mentioned in Romans 12 may sound boring. The gift of service? Of teaching? Of encouraging? Yet everyone wants the gift of prophesy and working of miracles? All these gifts are precious, and we get the full measure out of them when we allow Jesus to live through us. Even more so when we bring them altogether as one.

My hypothesis is while Jesus was on the earth, He was in operation of all these gifts. Yet when He left and the Church was born, the gifts were split among us. That way we will always be dependent on one another. I definitely feel if God would give me all the gifts, I would most likely do everything by myself, if I do anything at all. Yet as I said, God made it where we have to be dependent on one another. This is why Jesus said where two or three gather together, there He is in the midst. We together are the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Old 12-21-2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Insanity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Uncanny!! No kidding, that would have been my guess for you, Hanni!
Noooooooo…..

More like devils advocate, to stir the pot

Old 12-21-2023, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Some of the gifts mentioned in Romans 12 may sound boring. The gift of service? Of teaching? Of encouraging? Yet everyone wants the gift of prophesy and working of miracles? All these gifts are precious, and we get the full measure out of them when we allow Jesus to live through us. Even more so when we bring them altogether as one.

My hypothesis is while Jesus was on the earth, He was in operation of all these gifts. Yet when He left and the Church was born, the gifts were split among us. That way we will always be dependent on one another. I definitely feel if God would give me all the gifts, I would most likely do everything by myself, if I do anything at all. Yet as I said, God made it where we have to be dependent on one another. This is why Jesus said where two or three gather together, there He is in the midst. We together are the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Hosea

Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Two rains, two comings.

The Passover Atzeret we know as Pentecost, and the Sukkot Atzeret known as Shemini Atzeret.

The rain fell in its appointed season in the spring for the first coming of the Lord, and as it was appointed to do, it came and rained spirit and ended as the rains are appointed to end.

Nobody can do miracles because the rain doesnt continue and even Paul told us it would pass. The second coming of Messiah is in the rain of the fall in the feast of Tabernacles and Zechariah 14 shows it falling and what happens in the coming of the Lord in the rain.

These are concepts of Judaism, not Christianity, Christian's are discussing the rain of Jewish feasts they reject and dont study. What good is it for people outside of Messianic Judaism to discuss concepts of Jewish feasts?

Old 12-21-2023, 02:30 PM

There are people who can work miracles, but they dont work miracles by the holy spirit. When God gives power to a person's two witnesses, they have power but they are fallen, and the only reason they can work miracles is for them to realize they work in the spirit of Elijah. The spirit of Elijah is vanity, the disciples also wanted to call fire down from heaven like Elijah but Jesus told them by which spirit they spoke from.

God cannot give power to just anyone and if a person knew what would happen, they wouldn't want power.

A person given power to do miracles becomes full of vanity, full of themselves in a euphoria that leads to sheer pain.

You go in a type of insanity until you curse the spirit within to cast him out in order to sweep and clean your house to make it vacant for the coming of kings of the east to teach you.

Kings of East cannot come and enter because the house is occupied and until you make it vacant, they cannot dwell with you.

Old 12-21-2023, 02:50 PM

4,858 posts, read 457,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Just my opinion but I think that a lot of people don’t recognise the affiliation or attachment to the spiritual realm it’s like it is dormant or unconscious

We are all born with natural abilities that are connected to the spiritual, it is part of being human
agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity