Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 11:20 AM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times

Advertisements

The things that are listed in the end of the OP appeal to our senses and physical nature, like glittering crowns, jewels, wealth, etc that’s not the goal we are striving for

That’s not what we as Christian’s are supposed to be focusing on

Jesus said to deny the lusts and desires of ‘the flesh’ and focus on spiritual ‘unseen’ things and that is based on the foundation of Loving God and neighbour as self

What we see at this time is a general regional and global reaping what was sown both religiously and politically

We are at the end of 2 ‘millennial’ Days

Last edited by Meerkat2; 02-06-2024 at 11:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2024, 11:34 AM

11,073 posts, read 7,142,399 times
A glorified advertisement for the rapture! LOL No thanks; don't believe in that, and am not going to argue or debate it either.

Old 02-06-2024, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
A glorified advertisement for the rapture! LOL No thanks; don't believe in that, and am not going to argue or debate it either.
That is what it is

I am actually very interested in the topic

Trying to stir up the troops, but what I see in Scripture is a lot of symbolism used and while we are to be figuratively stirred up it is more for the purpose of being able to communicate with each other in friendly and respectful ways, enough to use our intellectual abilities appropriately to discern between the meanings ……. but not so stirred up that we start arguing and fighting each other

We all have very different interests and abilities

Balance

Last edited by Meerkat2; 02-06-2024 at 12:58 PM..

Old 02-06-2024, 12:17 PM

7,329 posts, read 4,121,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
In my off-line life, I do volunteer work with dogs. So when rapture comes, I'll stay down here and care for the abandoned dogs.

You guys can wave down to me from up high!

Old 02-06-2024, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
In my off-line life, I do volunteer work with dogs. So when rapture comes, I'll stay down here and care for the abandoned dogs.

You guys can wave down to me from up high!
We all physically stay down here - what is flesh is flesh

The spiritual is about our consciousness which is within the earthly body and it’s that which participates in the ‘rapture’

This is where I disagree with mystic in that he has the trajectory of us all individually becoming ‘spirits’ disconnected from the earth, but the Scriptures from the beginning ‘Genesis’ have humans/humanity ruling over the earth

Old 02-06-2024, 01:27 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
We all physically stay down here - what is flesh is flesh

The spiritual is about our consciousness which is within the earthly body and it’s that which participates in the ‘rapture’

This is where I disagree with mystic in that he has the trajectory of us all individually becoming ‘spirits’ disconnected from the earth, but the Scriptures from the beginning of Genesis have humans/humanity ruling over the earth
I do not see it as disagreeing with me, Meerkat. Our Dominion over the earth is the venue within which our SPirits are tested, developed, and mature. That is the purpose of life on earth. But physical life on earth plays no further part after our rebirth as Spirits, IMO.

Old 02-06-2024, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I do not see it as disagreeing with me, Meerkat. Our Dominion over the earth is the venue within which our SPirits are tested, developed, and mature. That is the purpose of life on earth. But physical life on earth plays no further part after our rebirth as Spirits, IMO.
I don’t either….. for me I see the conceptual and type in the various positions, yours is opposite/against/opposed to a particular religious type of position, those who think because they individually happen to be attached and affiliated to the system of Christianity they go to heaven and all the other individuals are rewarded by being eternally/infinitely tormented in literal hell fire …. There is a necessary counter-balance between those 2 types of opinions/positions/perspectives

It’s mixing up the individual/collective, the literal and figurative- and taking the analogy in Scripture toooooooo far and coming to incorrect (premature) conclusions

I just don’t see how I can elevate my own individual opinion, view, perspective, belief as fact when I see all of the fighting amongst those claiming to be Christian’s - I see and do not doubt anyones dedication and sincerity

Last edited by Meerkat2; 02-06-2024 at 02:05 PM..

Old 02-07-2024, 04:06 PM

7,329 posts, read 4,121,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiratio View Post
Spiritually discerning Believers-in-Christ with prophetic insight are not surprised with stunning global events occuring regularly worldwide in this present generation because they are amazing fulfillment of End Times Biblical prophecies (Luke 21:9-11, 34-36).
Things are not worse than during WWI or WWII. If those days weren't End Times, why would today's events be End Times?

Old 02-07-2024, 04:18 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Spiritually cold/lukewarm Believers, Rapture scoffers and unbelievers must wake up from spiritual slumber before it is too late (Luke 21:34-36). Time is running out on the Grace period in this perilous End Times.
So it's your belief that if we're not actively watching for the rapture that we'll miss it? Or that a believer can become lukewarm and miss it?

Old 02-07-2024, 05:11 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Luke 21:34-36- "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap. For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth.

Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

Lord Jesus Christ admonished all Believers-in-Christ to watch always for His coming in the air on prophetic glorious Rapture day because it will happen at a time we can't know. May Christ's mercy make us rapturable by God's grace. Amen.

Now answer the question I asked, please. What text suggests that we can lose our salvation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity