Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Christians: do you think it is a sin to vote for Barack Obama?
Yes 49 26.49%
No 136 73.51%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:12 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
Did you know that last year african americans accounted for 36% of all abortions in the U.S. African Americans only account for 13% of the U.S. population.

The Klue Klux Klan couldn't have done a better job. That 1 single issue as you put it will have devasting consequences for African American community in this country.
Really?Question:If we are equal in God's eyes and as Christians of all color ,then why is it so that "some" Christians find it easy to rant off statistic about things they say they care about,but ignore the issues that cause the behaviors in a segment of society.Ignore that education has a role in underage pregnancy but yet we have a school system designed to serve those who have the most money in their districts,Ignore why so many young black males are dying in the streets of HIV,gunshots and prison so they are not there to raise there families,ignore that no matter what a person does as a profession,statistics show that they Still make less that their white counterparts in the land of the free,i could go on but its useless because those people like you only see a one sided coin, not the person who flipped it.Talk about a moral tragedy!!What do you think Gods outlook on that is?

I do believe if we are Christian it makes no difference whatever "percentage" is in one race.Its divisive and solves nothing.This affects all Americans and Christians.Democrats are not perfect,but Republicans don't even try.This country will never be what it should be if the hypocrisy does not stop

Old 09-04-2008, 08:06 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Is this your only issue for real?Get in the world and you'll discover in your own backyard people needing a good "Christian" to help them see the light.I bet you never would have said anything if slavery or Jim Crow still existed.Thousands of people are being incarcerated and released in the world by a Republican system of "build jails,more cops,and no help once they get out.Its a tragedy that this country has the highest incarceration rates,murders,lowest education standards,most wasteful BUT has the highest church going population in the world.Yet still think we number one and God blesses us more than any other country.So called "real Christians like yourself who calls me the "Devil" as you it fits your definition of what a Christian should be.Maybe you should go to the places that have large numbers of women who tend to get abortions and minister to them so they can see they have other options.That would be more useful than calling names at people.

Let me tell you about the Republican's in my state of Georgia.
1)Sonny Perdue wins on the platform of changing back the state flag of Georgia to the Confederate symbol of fear and hatred that was changed in 1956 as a rebuttal to the desegregation of schools.Not education,not finance,not ethics.
2)Jane Fonda has almost single handily reduced significantly the number of teen age pregnancy in the state of Georgia due to her task force work over the last ten years.A measure was introduce in the General Assembly to recognize her achievements.Their was an outcry from the republicans because they are still going on about "Hanoi Jane".This woman who became a fellow Christian in 2000 was ripped apart from the same people who oppose abortion.
So much hypocracy.Tell me when will you open your eyes?
If i were the Devil i would have been mad but I really just feel sorry for you.Mccain is a decent man,but so is Obama.He is what this country needs now.
Years ago there was another single issue that had to be delt with, and it was slavery. It (was not) the Democratic party that took issue with slavery. It was the Republican party, and it was my great, great, grandfather that joined up and fought those in the south to free an opressed people. He was shot in battle and survived. He walked with a limp for the rest of his life, yet he knew he did the right thing in helping to free the slaves. Today, the Democratic party supports a new kind of slavery. It's called abortion. It is a belief that a woman has a right to murder her unborn children, it is as evil as slavery ever was. And again it is the Republicans that have set the standard to combat this evil. I never said you were the Devil, I said it was the God of this world that supports a womans right to murder her children. I also said, it was the God of the Bible that said, "thou shall not murder" So my question to you was, which God are you listening to? And my question to Obama would also be, which God is he listening to? I find it sad that many Republicans of the past died so he could be where he is today. Yet now he would not raise one finger to save the life of a child. What America needs, is a man who believes that all life has worth and not just some.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:42 AM

286 posts, read 804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It was never a question if Obamas views were aligned with yours. It is more a question if his views were aligned with Gods. Thats why the question was asked, would it be a sin to vote for Obama. And scince Obama supports abortion on every level, then without question it would be a sin. Because the Bible tells us, thou shall not murder. Supporting a man who embraces the pratice of murder would be sinful.
Do you know about the legislature process? It was not a specific bill dealing only with PBA, but more about the option being available in case the health of the mother was at risk. Bills that are based in Congress are not black and white. Conservatives wanted to ban the practice entirely, regardless if the health of the mother was at stake or not. How would you have voted? Would you have voted no and told the mother who was having complications that could kill her to just hope for the best?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
So you believe God supports doctors cutting open the back of a childs head in order for them to suck out the childs brains. And they do this so the child that is 8 or 9 months along in it's mother womb can be aborted. DO YOU REALLY THINK GOD SUPPORTS THAT? Becasue I have to tell you, that's what your Obama supports.
The bill that was voted on was not anything like you say it was. The bill on PBA was part of a larger bill, and the bill specifically banned PBA for use in all circumstances, including when the mother is laying on the table bleeding to death and the only way to save her is to perform a PBA. Think of your mother, wife, sister, daughter, or any woman in your life for that matter, would you really have her potentially die than allow this procedure? Are you so callous that you would risk the life of a living human being for one not born yet? People who sit there and spout this crap on PBA are totally ignorant. You honestly think that Obama gets off on PBA, that he so gleefully is for it just for the sake of getting rid of an unwanted pregnancy? NO! He voted so that if it came down to life of the mother that procedure would be available if needed. Republicans wanted to ban it completely, so that the mother would sit there and die a horrible death but its ok since the unborn in more important than the living.

Honestly, I think this whole thing was for political purposes, as I don't think anyone is happy when a human life is extingushed, but they knew that by putting this language out there that dems would vote for the PBA option in case of emergencies, and that they could use that vote to make people like you run to the polls and vote for them.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:24 AM

194 posts, read 361,940 times
[quote=SouthernBoi;5123278]The bill that was voted on was not anything like you say it was. The bill on PBA was part of a larger bill, and the bill specifically banned PBA for use in all circumstances, including when the mother is laying on the table bleeding to death and the only way to save her is to perform a PBA. Think of your mother, wife, sister, daughter, or any woman in your life for that matter, would you really have her potentially die than allow this procedure? Are you so callous that you would risk the life of a living human being for one not born yet? People who sit there and spout this crap on PBA are totally ignorant. You honestly think that Obama gets off on PBA, that he so gleefully is for it just for the sake of getting rid of an unwanted pregnancy? NO! He voted so that if it came down to life of the mother that procedure would be available if needed. Republicans wanted to ban it completely, so that the mother would sit there and die a horrible death but its ok since the unborn in more important than the living. quote]

You are actually going to spew this crap and call opponents of PBA ignorant!!
There is ABSOLUTELY no legitimate medical reason for a PBA!!!!!!!! A woman will either deliver a live baby or she will deliver a baby who then is murdered! That baby has to be delivered no matter what the only difference is one gets to breath, the other is snuffed out before it can even take a breath. It is 100% INFANTICIDE!!!!!!!!!! I leave you with a lovely quote by registered nurse Brenda Pratt Schafer who witnessed a PBA:

"The baby's body was moving. His little fingers were clasping together. He was kicking his feet. All the while his little head was still stuck inside. Dr. Haskell took a pair of scissors and inserted them into the back of the baby's head. Then he opened the scissors up. Then he stuck the high-powered suction tube into the hole and sucked the baby's brains out."

This is what normal human beings call MURDER!!!

Last edited by JOJOG; 09-04-2008 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: previous quote got messed up!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:05 PM

[quote=JOJOG;5123650]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
The bill that was voted on was not anything like you say it was. The bill on PBA was part of a larger bill, and the bill specifically banned PBA for use in all circumstances, including when the mother is laying on the table bleeding to death and the only way to save her is to perform a PBA. Think of your mother, wife, sister, daughter, or any woman in your life for that matter, would you really have her potentially die than allow this procedure? Are you so callous that you would risk the life of a living human being for one not born yet? People who sit there and spout this crap on PBA are totally ignorant. You honestly think that Obama gets off on PBA, that he so gleefully is for it just for the sake of getting rid of an unwanted pregnancy? NO! He voted so that if it came down to life of the mother that procedure would be available if needed. Republicans wanted to ban it completely, so that the mother would sit there and die a horrible death but its ok since the unborn in more important than the living. quote]

You are actually going to spew this crap and call opponents of PBA ignorant!!
There is ABSOLUTELY no legitimate medical reason for a PBA!!!!!!!! A woman will either deliver a live baby or she will deliver a baby who then is murdered! That baby has to be delivered no matter what the only difference is one gets to breath, the other is snuffed out before it can even take a breath. It is 100% INFANTICIDE!!!!!!!!!! I leave you with a lovely quote by registered nurse Brenda Pratt Schafer who witnessed a PBA:

"The baby's body was moving. His little fingers were clasping together. He was kicking his feet. All the while his little head was still stuck inside. Dr. Haskell took a pair of scissors and inserted them into the back of the baby's head. Then he opened the scissors up. Then he stuck the high-powered suction tube into the hole and sucked the baby's brains out."

This is what normal human beings call MURDER!!!
So under medical conditions where the mother, not the child, will DIE if the pregnancy is not terminated is not acceptable excuse? You are equating Brenda's quote to someone who just decided one day not to have the baby, when you do not know the case. Not everything in this world is black or white. Pregnancy can come with a host of health problems for the mother to be. Who is to say this woman did not want the kid and the last resort to saving HER life was this procedure? Do not sit there and lump every one person and every situation into the same category, life does not work like that. Yea the procedure is horrible and graphic, and I do not condone it at all except under the most serious of consequences, but life is not all peachy doory and it is not always black or white, sometimes the worst happens to the best of people.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:26 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,571 times
The mother's life is at risk is the most ridiculous excuse there is out there. Do you know how false that belief is? And coming from a guy, come on, do you know anything about childbirth? An abortion puts a womans life at risk.

Most women in America die during pregnancy and childbirth because of unnatural means used by doctors. Not because the baby caused some sort of complication.

There is NEVER a legitimate reason to murder a baby.

Do you know that over 80% of unborn babies diagnosed with down syndrom are aborted?
I have cared for people with down syndrom, and they are the most loving, kind people I know.
I also know people who had their baby diagnosed with down syndrom and the doctor recommended an abortion, they refused. The baby was born completely "normal" without a trace of down syndrom, how many other babies do you think this is happening to?
Doctors are NOT God!!

Shame on all of you who endorse this baby holocaust!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post
The mother's life is at risk is the most ridiculous excuse there is out there. Do you know how false that belief is? And coming from a guy, come on, do you know anything about childbirth? An abortion puts a womans life at risk.

Most women in America die during pregnancy and childbirth because of unnatural means used by doctors. Not because the baby caused some sort of complication.

There is NEVER a legitimate reason to murder a baby.

Do you know that over 80% of unborn babies diagnosed with down syndrom are aborted?
I have cared for people with down syndrom, and they are the most loving, kind people I know.
I also know people who had their baby diagnosed with down syndrom and the doctor recommended an abortion, they refused. The baby was born completely "normal" without a trace of down syndrom, how many other babies do you think this is happening to?
Doctors are NOT God!!

Shame on all of you who endorse this baby holocaust!
Are you saying that 100% of pregnancies happen without complications? And if they do, it is the result of the doctor? So a woman has never died due to pregnancy complications before that was not caused by a doctor? Obama lives in reality where he recognizes that life sometimes throws you a curve ball, and its not always black and white, so to vote for him because he supports this procedure for the welfare of a mother does not make it a sin.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:30 PM

194 posts, read 361,940 times
[quote=SouthernBoi;5125297]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOG View Post

So under medical conditions where the mother, not the child, will DIE if the pregnancy is not terminated is not acceptable excuse? You are equating Brenda's quote to someone who just decided one day not to have the baby, when you do not know the case. Not everything in this world is black or white. Pregnancy can come with a host of health problems for the mother to be. Who is to say this woman did not want the kid and the last resort to saving HER life was this procedure? Do not sit there and lump every one person and every situation into the same category, life does not work like that. Yea the procedure is horrible and graphic, and I do not condone it at all except under the most serious of consequences, but life is not all peachy doory and it is not always black or white, sometimes the worst happens to the best of people.
When it comes to this situation, the baby had down syndrome. The mothers life was not at risk, she just didn't want an imperfect baby.
Again, THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE MEDICAL REASON FOR PBA! If a woman's life is at risk, the baby can be delivered alive. Stabbing the baby in the back of the neck will not save it's mothers life!

Old 09-04-2008, 01:46 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
[quote=JOJOG;5126711]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post

When it comes to this situation, the baby had down syndrome. The mothers life was not at risk, she just didn't want an imperfect baby.
Again, THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE MEDICAL REASON FOR PBA! If a woman's life is at risk, the baby can be delivered alive. Stabbing the baby in the back of the neck will not save it's mothers life!
Hi! Would you please post your state medical license # on here for me? i would like to have proof that you may know what you are talking about when you state THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE REASON FOR PBA.
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity