Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 12:14 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,252,761 times

Advertisements

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. 1 Pet 1:3-9
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 12:35 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,006,486 times
Default Steadfast anchor of the soul....

That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife. Wherein God, willing more abundantly to show unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:01 PM

246 posts, read 647,427 times
Yep - for me too Been a very emotional, trying time this month and last, as well.

whoever said (on this thread) that it's easy to get caught up in your own junk and forget it's not just you going through challenges - hit the nail on the head, for sure!

Jesus, we thank you for our brothers and sisters in Christ. We thank you for this CD Thread. We thank you for bringing encouragement into our lives. More importantly and more basic, Father, we thank You for being you. For being Faithful to hear and answer our prayers, for always being a help in time of need, for always being our provider, our redeemer, our comforter, our Friend.
Lord, help us to get our eyes off situations/circumstances and back on you. Draw near to us, as we draw near to you. Turn our hearts back to yours and let us not get them entangled in our emotions. Lord, give us Your Truth to stand on, so we can know the reality of what we're facing is exactly what You say it is - finished and the battle won. Show us new ways to pray and give us fresh strategies to stand firm against the enemy. We invite you into our brokeness and are so thnakful that it is You, only, that we can rely on and turn to. We give you our stress, our sadness, our confusion, our anger, our fear, our worry, our doubts, our unbelief, our. May we decrease and you increase. May our feelings and emotions be calmed and may our Faith and Trust in You, our Lord, continue to grow stronger and deeper. When the waves of emotions come, Father, thank you for being our Rock, our solid foundation in which to stand. As You calmed the Storms for those 12, we know you are faithful to do the same for us. Remove the clouds and give us clear sky to see Your Face. We love you, Lord. We call these things done and these people blessed, In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:06 PM

246 posts, read 647,427 times
Default okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife. Wherein God, willing more abundantly to show unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Thanks - I'm going to have to do some studying, because the Lord is definitely speaking to me about His immutability and His Oath. Thanks for this

I love the part of that hope being the anchor of the soul - what does an anchor do? Keeps ya in place so as not to be tossed here and there! Very cool!

Oh, oh - also, check it out... "after he patiently endured." AFTER! There's always a reason, a season and a promise to stand on, surely

tried to rep (as so many other at various times - and I thought I spread the love? )

Old 06-11-2008, 04:12 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,006,486 times
Default Beautiful Prayer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GausJAMS View Post
Yep - for me too Been a very emotional, trying time this month and last, as well.

whoever said (on this thread) that it's easy to get caught up in your own junk and forget it's not just you going through challenges - hit the nail on the head, for sure!

Jesus, we thank you for our brothers and sisters in Christ. We thank you for this CD Thread. We thank you for bringing encouragement into our lives. More importantly and more basic, Father, we thank You for being you. For being Faithful to hear and answer our prayers, for always being a help in time of need, for always being our provider, our redeemer, our comforter, our Friend.
Lord, help us to get our eyes off situations/circumstances and back on you. Draw near to us, as we draw near to you. Turn our hearts back to yours and let us not get them entangled in our emotions. Lord, give us Your Truth to stand on, so we can know the reality of what we're facing is exactly what You say it is - finished and the battle won. Show us new ways to pray and give us fresh strategies to stand firm against the enemy. We invite you into our brokeness and are so thnakful that it is You, only, that we can rely on and turn to. We give you our stress, our sadness, our confusion, our anger, our fear, our worry, our doubts, our unbelief, our. May we decrease and you increase. May our feelings and emotions be calmed and may our Faith and Trust in You, our Lord, continue to grow stronger and deeper. When the waves of emotions come, Father, thank you for being our Rock, our solid foundation in which to stand. As You calmed the Storms for those 12, we know you are faithful to do the same for us. Remove the clouds and give us clear sky to see Your Face. We love you, Lord. We call these things done and these people blessed, In Jesus' Name. Amen.
I felt those wonderful Holy Ghost chill bumps when I was praying this prayer with you.

He can even calm the sea!

Amen!

God bless you !

WC

Last edited by World Citizen; 06-11-2008 at 04:20 PM..

Old 06-11-2008, 04:28 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,258,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. 1 Pet 1:3-9
Amen
thanks cg81
calming to the spirit

Old 06-11-2008, 04:29 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,844,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GausJAMS View Post

Wow!

Amen Gausjams!

Come, Lord Jesus!

Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,778,329 times
Default Along this line...

I opened my e-mail this evening at home. I subscribe to K-Love's (the Christian radio station) daily "Encouraging Word". Below is today's encouraging word they sent to me:

Wednesday 6/11/2008
Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
~ Romans 12:12, NLT

As an aside, to those in the know, this thread is giving me that 'feeling' as we've discussed in another thread, that something more than ourselves is guiding us in this topic... like a meeting at a NT era church. May the warmth not fade quickly....

Last edited by mams1559; 06-11-2008 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: clean up :)

Old 06-11-2008, 11:33 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,643,734 times
Oh mams, I know what you are talking about....and it is wonderful. Guys, you have blown me away with your words, ya know, God's in da house people!

Old 06-12-2008, 07:36 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,651,118 times
Father,
We thank you for the lips of praise. To worship You is what You desire and have join us together to hear the praises of your people lifting holy hands to You Holy Father.
Let Your word lift the people from their circumstances of their lives and surrender unto You as you lead us triumphantly in all things this day.
For You are faithful, a God of compassion and mercy.
We thank You Father, that we can come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in our time of need.
Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; and let those who love Your salvation say continually, "Let God be magnified!" (Ps.70:4).
We ask this in Jesus name, Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity