Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 09:15 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times

Advertisements

How To Stay Motivated When You're Fatigued

This was right on time for me today!

Here's a snippet:

Quote:
How to Stay Motivated When You’re Fatigued
2008/06/11

Like an open city with no defenses is the man with no check on his feelings. Proverbs 25:28 (NAB)

It’s not unusual for people to become disillusioned, discouraged, and fatigued about halfway into a difficult challenge. When I start to feel the fatigue, I look to Proverbs 25 and remember that my feelings are not a reliable measure of how things are going.
How To Stay Motivated When You're Fatigued
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 09:18 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,451 times
Thank you for the link. I read with great interest . It is very helpful in my current situations. I've been relying on James 1:2-4 a lot also.

Last edited by mams1559; 06-11-2008 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: add'l thought

Old 06-11-2008, 09:19 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times
thanks! it was for me too (right on time)..been a looong month..and its only the 11th-lol

Old 06-11-2008, 09:23 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,270,339 times
Great timely thoughts to remember.. it seems like with the busyness of life, sometimes my focus tends to get a little off.. and my feelings tend to have too much sway. You've talked about that book before, Alpha.. I really need to get one sometime.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:26 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
You've talked about that book before, Alpha.. I really need to get one sometime.
God really used it to change who I was from the inside out.

The very first sentence, if I remember is:

It's not about me.

Heavy!(to me)

Old 06-11-2008, 09:30 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Amen. Thanks for posting encouragement.

It's so easy to forget that everyone else is also going through hard times when we are... especially when the hard time seems to be endless...

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:40 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Yes;
THanks Alpha!!
I think we all have days and months at a time that we're in need of encouraging words
this month is the one for me,
God Bless

Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Gooood encouragement!

Quote:
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
What's so wonderful when we encourage our brother or sister when we have become weary, that blessing comes back in that we have been encouraged because we have seen our brother and sister burden lifted...

One should truly not trust feelings! But trust faith!!! I know that is easier said sometimes, than done.... but it really is so true!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:43 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
thanks! it was for me too (right on time)..been a looong month..and its only the 11th-lol
Not complaining or anything;
BIA; this month does seem to be long, maybe it's the heat,
but it is a loooooong month
thought it was just me....

Old 06-11-2008, 10:32 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
I just did a quick study on the word encouragement and wanted to share these additional Scriptures.

Romans 15:5-9

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy

Phillipians 2:1

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing,taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death--even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,to the glory of God the Father.

Philemon 1:4-7

I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints.

yeah, I know, bigthirsty.... "Paul, Paul, Paul..."

God bless all of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity