Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 03:07 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,576,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
The downloadable kit is only $30.00..and you can add stuff to it for extra, like music and all..
I understand the trepidation about "selling" something. And I was unaware that there was a kit that they were selling. However, I think a purchase of this kind far outweighs the purchase of something that is not of God. No, we (as Christians) don't need to be taught how the Holy Spirit works, but some people might need that. It's the "group" oneness, stillness and prayer that I think may be life-changing for some. "Wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there will I be also."

Of course it's a new spin on an old concept, but isn't everything now? If a new name gives prayer a new life, what's the harm in that? Anyone can call The 700 club at anytime (toll free # 800-759-0700) and have someone pray for them or with them for FREE. Watching the videos on the CBN website about soaking prayer is free, all you have to do is become a member for free. They did a free live streaming broadcast today. No one has to buy anything to experience this or learn more about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 03:54 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,434,996 times
I really do agree that there are many many wonderful good christians/believers who would benefit from joining a group of other christians to enhance their prayer or meditation life, and because it means so much to them would pay for whatever they seek..Everyone is free to persue their happiness and peace with the Lord..No disrespect was intended to anyone here..It was just a personal observation from the site, and yes I do warch the 700 club occasionally..

Old 06-13-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I really do agree that there are many many wonderful good christians/believers who would benefit from joining a group of other christians to enhance their prayer or meditation life, and because it means so much to them would pay for whatever they seek..Everyone is free to persue their happiness and peace with the Lord..No disrespect was intended to anyone here..It was just a personal observation from the site, and yes I do warch the 700 club occasionally..
Oh, I know you didn't mean any disrespect, Blue. I didn't take it that way at all. I just wanted to let those who might be reading know that there are resources available to them that are free, just like our precious Savior's gift of salvation!

Old 06-14-2008, 08:32 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,263,122 times
Question You have got to be kidding???

Quote:
Quote:
The downloadable kit is only $30.00..and you can add stuff to it for extra, like music and all..

Thanks Blue
Now I won't even make it to see this soaking sight;
I've heard enough (read I mean)
$30.00 for soaking in prayer??
People will try anything to make money.......
This is using those that are unaware of what the scriptures say
$30 is a tank of gas
The kit is free...BIBLE$0.00
I see now why the word of God mentions that the gate is"strait" and narrow", and few will find it"....(paraphrased)
If we don't stand for something, we'll fall for anything"
my $.02

Old 06-14-2008, 08:58 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,771,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Lol!! Yes, I see it's already been labeled as meditation. Prayer and meditation are not the same. You can go ummmmm....ummmmm....ummmmm....all you want, but that is not prayer!

Now before someone says anything, yes....you can pray WHILE meditating, or vice versa. But meditation does not equal prayer.
I think you mean. OMMMMMMM

And I completely agree with you that prayer and meditation are seperate, however they can be used at the same time. For me prayer is a gratitude list of all that I'm blessed with or can be used to send healing vibes to those in need and meditation is a silent communication into another spirit realm.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:13 PM

Exclamation Thanks for this post DOL"

Quote:
Quote:
I understand the trepidation about "selling" something. And I was unaware that there was a kit that they were selling. However, I think a purchase of this kind far outweighs the purchase of something that is not of God. No, we (as Christians) don't need to be taught how the Holy Spirit works, but some people might need that. It's the "group" oneness, stillness and prayer that I think may be life-changing for some. "Wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there will I be also."

Of course it's a new spin on an old concept, but isn't everything now? If a new name gives prayer a new life, what's the harm in that? Anyone can call The 700 club at anytime (toll free # 800-759-0700) and have someone pray for them or with them for FREE. Watching the videos on the CBN website about soaking prayer is free, all you have to do is become a member for free. They did a free live streaming broadcast today. No one has to buy anything to experience this or learn more about it.

I'm just thinking ..
we can do all of this on our own;
We used to have a Tues morning, healing waters service at a church in Atlanta, where the saints of God got together and sang hymns, praise and worship songs, and then prayed... I hope that this kit, mentions that you have to confess, repent and forgive, before God will hear your prayers.
Sometimes, It get a little creepy, when the word of God is repackaged and commercialized;
But then again, maybe the "kit" and add ons", threw me off.
I am a partner of CBN, and there have been times, where I 'd call the prayer line, to touch and agree in prayer ;( there was not one single prayer that has went unanswered I might add)
It can be a good thing like you mentioned, just as long as they are taught that
The holy spirit is not magic, that will just pop in for 30 minutes to an hour to answer our demands, without us having spent time in God's word reading the scriptures and meditating on them all the time
John Hagee describes as a "hot tub" Christianity;
But I suppose after spending quality time in the presence of God according to the word of God,the annointing will fall upon the place.
I'm just concerned, that there will be some who will think that they can live anyway they want to and instantaneously go and be swept away into the
presence of the Lord and filled in and out each time, without having consecrated themselves to the Lord. and expect Him to be a genie" when we should be convicted and sorrowful about our sins first, confessing them and asking for forgiveness
But I would like to find out more, about it....the meditating scares me, will someone point me to the scriptures about meditating?
I know we are told in Joshua 1 to "meditate on his word (God's) day and night
not music..
If I could just get past the money and the kit and the add-ons.....:confused:

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 06-14-2008 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: changed my words not to offend anyone who need this type of thing

Old 06-14-2008, 09:32 PM

This is their link TACF > tacf.org home > Catch The Fire Ministries > Vision
if no one has read it yet..
Waiting and resting in God ..."instead of striving in prayer"?? Hmmmmm
I thought the bible says that we are to pray at all times........
yes we are suppose to rest in God, but No where it ever tells us to stop striving in prayer,
The "Heart Modules" learn how to interpret dreams? (against scripture)
and the other modules add up to about $27,000.00
and you have to be between 18-35
I didn't know that The Holy Spirit was age specific

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 06-14-2008 at 09:53 PM..

Old 06-14-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
This is their link TACF > tacf.org home > Catch The Fire Ministries > Vision
if no one has read it yet..
Waiting and resting in God ..."instead of striving in prayer"?? Hmmmmm
I thought the bible says that we are to pray at all times........
yes we are suppose to rest in God, but No where it ever tells us to stop striving in prayer,
It's just like any other ministry that needs money to support it. At least they're not telling people they will go to hell if they don't buy it. It's totally a choice....no one is pushing it. This is called "soaking prayer"....I don't understand why you are separating the two. Resting is something God commanded us to do also. Why can't you combine the two?
Prayer = prayer
resting = quietness, stillness or meditation
Meditate = to engage in contemplation or reflection
I think too much is being read into this, as I originally suspected would happen when I spoke of it in the OP.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It's just like any other ministry that needs money to support it. At least they're not telling people they will go to hell if they don't buy it. It's totally a choice....no one is pushing it. This is called "soaking prayer"....I don't understand why you are separating the two. Resting is something God commanded us to do also. Why can't you combine the two?
Prayer = prayer
resting = quietness, stillness or meditation
Meditate = to engage in contemplation or reflection
I think too much is being read into this, as I originally suspected would happen when I spoke of it in the OP.

Maybe I have read too much into it;
I'm all for the work of the ministry and mission outreach , the "whole ball of wax"
I just thought you wanted to know what we thought;
I'm not going to push and shove over it; it's not that important to me
souls are, and if souls are being won and led in the right direction, then the trees will bear good fruit DOL;
besides I need to get off of here and study the word; goodnite
God Bless

Old 06-14-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post

Maybe I have read too much into it;
I'm all for the work of the ministry and mission outreach , the "whole ball of wax"
I just thought you wanted to know what we thought;
I'm not going to push and shove over it; it's not that important to me
souls are, and if souls are being won and led in the right direction, then the trees will bear good fruit DOL;
besides I need to get off of here and study the word; goodnite
God Bless
Amen! Sleep tight and God bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity