Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:38 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,114 times

Advertisements

Hi Nancy, fellow Lutheran here. I think the only other regular Lutheran poster is Twin Spin, but I could be wrong (it has happened before).

It's pretty much a combination of debate and general discussion--there isn't any really hard-and-fast format. One day a topic will take off and become a heated debate, the next it'll be something completely different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 12:59 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,279,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioAdoptMom3 View Post
My name is Nancy and I am new to this message board. I live in central FL and my DH and I have three children. We are members of a Lutheran Church (ELCA). Before I start posting I just wanted to make sure I had the right idea about this board. It is a Christian support board, right? Or is it more of a debate type forum? Some other purpose?

I look forward to getting to know everyone better here.

Thanks!

Nancy
I agree with the others for the exception of the "debate" part;
we as Christians are not supposed to debate with one another; that's division
when two persons don't see the same thing, and are of the same likeness
there is discord;
There are plenty debates here though
Welcome; keep your "loins girded with the truth, the word of God"
Some will even refute that what the word of God is saying is really true, is why some have come and some have stayed;
and some have left>>>>>>>>>>
"Come what may" I pray that your experience here is pleasant one and you will find love here
God Bless

Old 06-17-2008, 05:54 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,101 times
HI Nancy, I'm new also and am impressed with the maturity of many of the Christians on the forum. Seems there is always interesting things to learn.
I was on a yahoo Christian forum and it was more of a dating thing and the languarge was awful. I was so shocked at some of the comments and off-color and sexual comments that was the on majority of those sites. So this is a breath of fresh air. Intelligent conversations and you get a lot of helpful input from a great group of people.
Great suggestions for the others

Old 06-17-2008, 06:49 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Hi Nancy,
Great to have another voice. If you copy and paste from your own work from lets say MS Word, make sure you use "verdana" for the font. It will not copy without the HTML codes being displayed when posted. Helpful hint: I found to use the "advanced" option that way you can "Preview Post" and correct it.

(It would be nice if this site could have the default of "Times New Roman" or as one tech put it ... WYSIWYG technology)
What You See Is What You Get.

Travis is correct. I'm Lutheran (WELS)

Another quick help if found... using BibleGateway.com for any Bible references that others post helps to cross reference. All have different translation favorites here and that site has 21 translations (all free).

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-17-2008 at 07:01 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 08:58 PM

574 posts, read 2,044,363 times
Thank you all for the very WARM welcome! I look forward to reading and posting more!

Nancy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity