Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:30 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Repent. Forgive. and don't sleep....

godspeed,

freedom
You took the words right out of my mouth! Yes, repent, pray, forgive, go out in the streets and tell everyone; and that include people you wouldn't normally say two words to, that our Salvation is on the way! Hallelujah to the King!

your sister in Christ Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 08:11 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
I'm creating this thread for anyone who might be interested in a series of videos about the end times and the soon return of Jesus. They're called The Final Countdown.

These videos are not hype. They are not scare tactics. They are not a performance or a show. These. Are. Truth.

There is a pastor out of New York that took 10 weeks to do this series. Each sermon is broken into two videos. That means there are 20 videos at about 20 minutes each. Yes, it's a lot of time to invest but I believe with all of my heart that a sincere Christian won't regret a moment of it. You will be amazed, even dumbfounded, by what you learn and see from actual television footage.

If anyone has any doubts that we are living in THE last days, I pray that you will watch these videos and see the evidence. As you progress from one sermon to the next, the information gets more and more sobering. I will warn in advance that the pastor tends to shout a lot. I don't care for shouting, but I realize this is because of the passion he has for people to see this. It took me a few sermons to get over the shouting, but I'm so very glad I did. Please don't let that stand in your way from seeing the truth in these sermons.

You may "know" that these things are happening, but when you watch the videos, you'll have a new, more vivid understanding just how far along we are in the timeline to either the rapture, or going through the tribulation period (depending on if you're pre-tribulation or post-tribulation).

These videos aren't about a rapture or no rapture. See them for what they are - a sign of how far we are into the end times.

Here they are laid out - again, the 10 sermons are the 10 signs of the end times and each are in two parts.

1 and
2: Jewish People

3 and
4: Modern Technology

5 and
6: Worldwide Upheaval

7 and
8: Rise of Falsehood

9 and
10: Rise of Wickedness

11 and
12: Rise of Apostasy

13 and
14: One World Religion

15 and
16: One World Government

17 and
18: One World Economy

19 and
20: Mark of the Beast

Watch the videos. See the evidence.
SimpleLiving: I watched ALL the videos and I was truly "amazed and dumbfounded"--at how someone could take so many Bible verses out of context and then assemble them together into such a false doctrine.

First of all, I admire Crone's passions and I have no doubt that he truly loves the Lord and thinks he is teaching truth--but he is wrong on many issues! I agree with his assessment of the faith movement and the likes of Benny Hinn, the corruption in the new Bible versions, the promotion of interfaith teachings, the abundance of false teachings, etc., but I would warn Crone that he himself is seducing people by false teachings. He accuses others of making up doctrine when he himself does that same thing. It is impossible to go into great detail, but here are the highlights:

Crone's entire contention that 1948 is a fulfillment of prophecy is faulty. Modern-day Israel bears NO resemblance to OT Israel. Modern-day Israel is a creation of the U.N. Furthermore Israel and Judah cannot be reunited because they are no more. All records are lost. One of the stipulations for returning to the "land" was belief. Most Jews today living in modern-day Israel are not even practicing Jews.

The Bible clearly declares that true Jews are those who are the seed of Abraham through faith and not by physical descent. If we want to look at Israel, we must look at the redeemed of God, the remnant, the Church! If one reads with close attention the Book of Hebrews, he would see that Jesus is the fulfillment of ALL of the OT types and shadows. He made a sacrifice for sin once for all. He is better than the angels, better than the OT priesthood, better than the prophets, better than Moses, better than the Temple, etc. There is absolutely NO justification for the rebuilding of a physical temple and for the physical presence of Jesus. This is abhorrent to me. Jesus prayed to the Father in John 17 to receive back the glory He had had before the worlds began. He ascended to reign forever and to sit at the right hand of the Father having finished His work. To teach that He will someday return physically to this sin-infested earth, sit on a physical earthly throne, and endure the stench in his nostrils of fruitless sacrifice which He died to abolish is unimaginable and outrageous! The only reason that a rebuilding of a Temple is necessary is to fulfill the false assumptions of futurists (esp. dispensationalists) who refuse to see that the Temple of Revelation 11 is none other than that first-century Temple!

Our idea of the last days does not come from "newspaper exegesis" but from correctly exegeting the Word of God! We are NOT living in the last days. The writer of Hebrews makes that clear in the very first verses of his book! The last days involved the time of the end NOT the end of time! But the time of the end of what? It was the time of the end of the age of biblical Judaism. For Paul that time was then close. He wrote to the Corinthians in 1 Cor. 7:31 concerning the unmarried and widows that "this world in its present FORM is [was] passing away." The time was then SHORT so that THEY should live accordingly. These last days ended in A.D. 70 when the power of the holy people was finally broken and the Church and the New Covenant emerged victorious! One age ended and another began.

All of Crone's uses of passages from the Olivet Discourse (Mat. 24 and Luke 21) are taken out of context. He gives NO attention to the sitz im leben. The questions were asked of Jesus by His disciples right there with Him and Jesus answered THEM. The wars and rumors of wars, the earthquakes, the pestilences, the famines were part of the ALL things that were to occur in THAT generation to those first-century saints. Crone is guilty of not giving proper attention to the context of the passages he misuses to form his straw doctrines. I wonder how many of his listeners actually study in their context and with proper hermeneutical principles (word studies, cross-referencing, historical setting, etc.) the verses he throws out. This is always dangerous. We must be good Bereans!

There are wars today and rumors of wars but they are not THOSE wars Jesus predicted for His generation! There are earthquakes today but they are not THOSE earthquakes Jesus predicted for His generation! There are pestilences today but they are not THOSE pestilences Jesus predicted for His generation! There are famines today but they are not THOSE famines Jesus predicted for His generation!

Crone is correct is stating that "we are being deceived," but, unfortunately, he is one of the deceivers (good intentions do not lessen the danger and the damage). He warns against interpreting the Bible "any way you want to," yet he himself is guilty of doing the same.

All of his references to the Book of Revelation are taken out of context because John clearly indicates that he was shown the things that were in his day to SHORTLY take place and that the time was THEN near! This is stated clearly in both the first book and the last book of the Revelation!
All of the events of the book must be seen in that time frame. It is the refusal to do so that leads to the errors of today and the total misunderstanding of this book!

Has anyone who has viewed these messages bothered to look up Isaiah 11:11-12; 35:1-2; 43:1-6; 66:8; Ezekiel 37:21-22; 45:12, 13, 16; Zechariah 12:2-3, 6 to see whether Crone is using them in context and relating what they actual teach? I certainly hope so, but I would guess that the number is small. There are many with itching ears and Crone certainly gives a good scratch!

Modern-day interfaith teachings, anti-biblical doctrines, the drive toward a one-world government, microchips and other modern technologies, worldwide upheavals, earthquakes, famines, pestilences, wars, persecutions and wickedness, etc. are not where we get our concept of the last days. The Scriptures are clear that the last days occurred in the first-century. We are NOT in the last days!

What saith the Scriptures not Billy Crone! These videos are NOT truth!

In Christ, Preterist

Old 06-29-2008, 04:19 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Default His Everlasting Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
SimpleLiving: I watched ALL the videos and I was truly "amazed and dumbfounded"--at how someone could take so many Bible verses out of context and then assemble them together into such a false doctrine.

First of all, I admire Crone's passions and I have no doubt that he truly loves the Lord and thinks he is teaching truth--but he is wrong on many issues! I agree with his assessment of the faith movement and the likes of Benny Hinn, the corruption in the new Bible versions, the promotion of interfaith teachings, the abundance of false teachings, etc., but I would warn Crone that he himself is seducing people by false teachings. He accuses others of making up doctrine when he himself does that same thing. It is impossible to go into great detail, but here are the highlights:

Crone's entire contention that 1948 is a fulfillment of prophecy is faulty. Modern-day Israel bears NO resemblance to OT Israel. Modern-day Israel is a creation of the U.N. Furthermore Israel and Judah cannot be reunited because they are no more. All records are lost. One of the stipulations for returning to the "land" was belief. Most Jews today living in modern-day Israel are not even practicing Jews.

The Bible clearly declares that true Jews are those who are the seed of Abraham through faith and not by physical descent. If we want to look at Israel, we must look at the redeemed of God, the remnant, the Church! If one reads with close attention the Book of Hebrews, he would see that Jesus is the fulfillment of ALL of the OT types and shadows. He made a sacrifice for sin once for all. He is better than the angels, better than the OT priesthood, better than the prophets, better than Moses, better than the Temple, etc. There is absolutely NO justification for the rebuilding of a physical temple and for the physical presence of Jesus. This is abhorrent to me. Jesus prayed to the Father in John 17 to receive back the glory He had had before the worlds began. He ascended to reign forever and to sit at the right hand of the Father having finished His work. To teach that He will someday return physically to this sin-infested earth, sit on a physical earthly throne, and endure the stench in his nostrils of fruitless sacrifice which He died to abolish is unimaginable and outrageous! The only reason that a rebuilding of a Temple is necessary is to fulfill the false assumptions of futurists (esp. dispensationalists) who refuse to see that the Temple of Revelation 11 is none other than that first-century Temple!

Our idea of the last days does not come from "newspaper exegesis" but from correctly exegeting the Word of God! We are NOT living in the last days. The writer of Hebrews makes that clear in the very first verses of his book! The last days involved the time of the end NOT the end of time! But the time of the end of what? It was the time of the end of the age of biblical Judaism. For Paul that time was then close. He wrote to the Corinthians in 1 Cor. 7:31 concerning the unmarried and widows that "this world in its present FORM is [was] passing away." The time was then SHORT so that THEY should live accordingly. These last days ended in A.D. 70 when the power of the holy people was finally broken and the Church and the New Covenant emerged victorious! One age ended and another began.

All of Crone's uses of passages from the Olivet Discourse (Mat. 24 and Luke 21) are taken out of context. He gives NO attention to the sitz im leben. The questions were asked of Jesus by His disciples right there with Him and Jesus answered THEM. The wars and rumors of wars, the earthquakes, the pestilences, the famines were part of the ALL things that were to occur in THAT generation to those first-century saints. Crone is guilty of not giving proper attention to the context of the passages he misuses to form his straw doctrines. I wonder how many of his listeners actually study in their context and with proper hermeneutical principles (word studies, cross-referencing, historical setting, etc.) the verses he throws out. This is always dangerous. We must be good Bereans!

There are wars today and rumors of wars but they are not THOSE wars Jesus predicted for His generation! There are earthquakes today but they are not THOSE earthquakes Jesus predicted for His generation! There are pestilences today but they are not THOSE pestilences Jesus predicted for His generation! There are famines today but they are not THOSE famines Jesus predicted for His generation!

Crone is correct is stating that "we are being deceived," but, unfortunately, he is one of the deceivers (good intentions do not lessen the danger and the damage). He warns against interpreting the Bible "any way you want to," yet he himself is guilty of doing the same.

All of his references to the Book of Revelation are taken out of context because John clearly indicates that he was shown the things that were in his day to SHORTLY take place and that the time was THEN near! This is stated clearly in both the first book and the last book of the Revelation!
All of the events of the book must be seen in that time frame. It is the refusal to do so that leads to the errors of today and the total misunderstanding of this book!

Has anyone who has viewed these messages bothered to look up Isaiah 11:11-12; 35:1-2; 43:1-6; 66:8; Ezekiel 37:21-22; 45:12, 13, 16; Zechariah 12:2-3, 6 to see whether Crone is using them in context and relating what they actual teach? I certainly hope so, but I would guess that the number is small. There are many with itching ears and Crone certainly gives a good scratch!

Modern-day interfaith teachings, anti-biblical doctrines, the drive toward a one-world government, microchips and other modern technologies, worldwide upheavals, earthquakes, famines, pestilences, wars, persecutions and wickedness, etc. are not where we get our concept of the last days. The Scriptures are clear that the last days occurred in the first-century. We are NOT in the last days!

In Christ, Preterist

Oh Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
(Hum)............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................How great Thou Art!!

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 06-29-2008, 09:56 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,578 times
Default Preterist, I am curious and being sincere...

I just read your passage below, and see how passionant you are for Christ, and can feel your love for Him.

I'm curious, to better understand your belief, if all these things have already happened, then are we to look forward to something? What happens to us when we die? And has He just forsaken this world because it is corrupt?

I'm being very sincere, because I am trying to understand, so please don't take this as being harsh or anything else, my questions are coming from deep inside me, in order to understand more on how your beliefs view our future.

I have always been taught that Jesus is coming back, I guess because I live in the Bible belt of the South. So, I am totally in the dark on anything else and am very curious.

thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post

In Christ, Preterist

Old 06-30-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
I just read your passage below, and see how passionant you are for Christ, and can feel your love for Him.

I'm curious, to better understand your belief, if all these things have already happened, then are we to look forward to something? What happens to us when we die? And has He just forsaken this world because it is corrupt?

I'm being very sincere, because I am trying to understand, so please don't take this as being harsh or anything else, my questions are coming from deep inside me, in order to understand more on how your beliefs view our future.

I have always been taught that Jesus is coming back, I guess because I live in the Bible belt of the South. So, I am totally in the dark on anything else and am very curious.

thank you...
aiangel_writer: I just lost my entire post to you. Will get back to you.

Preterist

Old 06-30-2008, 08:29 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,578 times
I know how that feels. Done that a few times myself.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 AM

345 posts, read 466,954 times
Default Question to the flock

Why do American/Western European illustrations/depictions of Jesus almost always look like a gentrified, non-ethnic man in white robes with a golden suntan and flowing hair/beard (polls in past decade show majority of Americans don't like beards)? Could Jesus have had enough melanin in his skin to appear closer to black, might he have been balding prematurely, might he have had unattractive facial features? Would depicting a less attractive, or different Jesus harm the typical American Christian comic book type depictions? Does idealized image make your believe in Jesus more palatable? Would Jesus approve of America's elective Iraq/Afghanistan war? Would Jesus approve of America's love of firearms? Could Jesus be fat in a world with great numbers of starving people?

Last edited by Ria Rhodes; 06-30-2008 at 09:05 AM..

Old 06-30-2008, 09:16 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Here is your proof of the Amero: It's a news clip from CNBC and the guy whose talking about it even uses the phrase that people who don't know about it are "keeping their heads in the sand."

The Amero - North American Currency (2 min 15 sec)

Here is where you can see the coins:

The Amero is here (11 seconds)

You'll find TONS of information about it if you Google it or search YouTube for "Amero."
You should google harder.

snopes.com: Amero Coin

Old 06-30-2008, 03:03 PM

10 posts, read 13,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria Rhodes View Post
Why do American/Western European illustrations/depictions of Jesus almost always look like a gentrified, non-ethnic man in white robes with a golden suntan and flowing hair/beard (polls in past decade show majority of Americans don't like beards)?
Maybe because many of the early paintings of Jesus were done by homosexuals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria Rhodes View Post
Would Jesus approve of America's love of firearms?
Why not? I don't think Christians are simply supposed to be doormats for tyrants and robbers.

~ Joel

Old 07-02-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post

thank you...
aiangel: I, too, was always taught that Jesus IS coming back. I believed that for over twenty years. Over the years certain things continued to disturb me. In particular, I had troubled reconciling the clear time statements of the Scriptures that indicate that Jesus was coming back in that generation and not in any other.

"This generation will by no means pass away till all these things (vss. 1-33) take place" (Matthew 24:34). These are words spoken directly to Jesus' disciples right there with Him in response to the questions THEY asked Him.

"YOU will not have finished going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man COMES" (Mat. 10:23). Jesus spoke these words to the Twelve just before He sent them out to the lost sheep of Israel. He was to come back before THEY finished going through Israel.

"There are some standing HERE who will not taste death till THEY see the Son of Man COMING in His kingdom" (Mat. 16:28). These are the very words of Jesus spoken to His first-century disciples standing right there with Him.

"Hereafter, YOU will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power and COMING on the CLOUDS OF HEAVEN" (Mat. 26:64). These are Jesus' own words spoken to that actual Caiaphas of His day and the rulers of the temple.

James wrote that "the COMING of the Lord is AT HAND" (James 5:8).
Peter wrote that "the end of all things is AT HAND" (1 Peter 4:7).

John was shown those things which were in his day to "SHORTLY take place" (Rev. 1:1; 22:6). The time was then NEAR (Rev. 1:3; 22:10). ALL the events of the Book of Revelation occurred in that first century (pre-A.D. 70).

What does one do with such statements, aiangel? They must be addressed and dealt with in proper hermeneutical fashion.

What do you think of such time statements? Are they consistent with the future coming of Christ that you have been taught? Can you give a sound explanation for the contradictions they present?

You ask what the future holds. There is no more death in the sense that the world fears it. If we die, yet we live; if we live, we never die! Christ reigns now and His Church is triumphant. There is no end of the world (Note: the disciples asked about the end of the AGE [aion], not the end of the WORLD [kosmos]. The world will NOT be burned up and destroyed. We are NOW in Christ and He is with us. There is great optimism and not the gloom and doom pressimism of futurism. Nothing can now or ever separate us from His love.

Having said all of this, I ask that you do not believe my word for it! Check it out for yourself. Believe nothing others tell you without seeking the Word to make sure that their words are truth!

In Christ Who reigns as King of Kings and Lord of Lords NOW, Preterist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity