Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 08:55 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
DayoftheLord and Blue62 I have really enjoyed your posts since I have been on this forum. I somehow usually agree when you write something. Maybe it's one of those "great minds think alike"..LOL
There are times I think I just can't imagine what it would be like at this stage not having the beliefs in Christ and God's word. How people get through the day without trusting God is there and cares about them is so hard for me to think about.
God is so Good.
AMEN to all of the above! God is GREAT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 09:00 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,290 times
I love North Carolina--I have really enjoyed your post also. This is an encouraging forum and I have really enjoyed this. You three I seem to read and agree with.
Sometimes I can't even imagine how amazing Heaven will be with all of these Saints praising God and enjoying the fellowship...wow!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:02 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
I love North Carolina--I have really enjoyed your post also. This is an encouraging forum and I have really enjoyed this. You three I seem to read and agree with.
Sometimes I can't even imagine how amazing Heaven will be with all of these Saints praising God and enjoying the fellowship...wow!
Yes it will be indescribable! We'll have to have a City Data reunion

Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
god is not static or miserly with the gifts talents he bestows. like the servants who got the talents those who use them and are grateful for what they are given are given more. one of gods favorite blessings is to give gifts in later years. stuff that is associated with the young (sports, music, art) he sometimes gives to the older person.
my favorite character
caleb.
the warrior

pdclipart.com
free clipart

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 06-22-2008 at 09:23 PM..

Old 06-22-2008, 09:13 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Thanks Driftwood..I try to learn something from all of you here..I don't debate much,because as long as we believe the gospels and follow the teachings of Christ we are okay..Below is my post from last last summer.

Here's my three top scores mercy 23....wisdom and pastor tied at 20..Had to laugh, because some of you know that my former church restricted women from speaking out in church and held us in subjection..Little did they know that blue was really a "WISE ole' PREACHER ,full of Mercy" ^This is so much fun

Old 06-22-2008, 09:19 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,290 times
I used to debate more in life when I was younger but people are pretty set in their ways. I do enjoy seeing how other people see things and hopefully am open and willing to learn new things. And when it comes to salvation I love to share the gospel but I don't worry since I know God is the one who works on their heart.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:47 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Hi, I took two tests and the gifts that showed strength in both tests for me are exhortation, giving, teaching, mercy, and service. God bless.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:06 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
DayoftheLord and Blue62 I have really enjoyed your posts since I have been on this forum. I somehow usually agree when you write something. Maybe it's one of those "great minds think alike"..LOL
There are times I think I just can't imagine what it would be like at this stage not having the beliefs in Christ and God's word. How people get through the day without trusting God is there and cares about them is so hard for me to think about.
God is so Good.
Thanks, Driftwood!! So glad you found CD! Amen!

Old 06-22-2008, 10:27 PM

574 posts, read 2,044,474 times
I once took that test in an adult VBS class at my church. My top three in order were encouragement, discernment and teaching.

Nancy

Old 06-23-2008, 08:59 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
I prefer to use the word "ability"

But then, "gift" is used in the following scriptures in the NASB:

1st Peter
4.10 As each one has recieved a special gift, employ it in serving one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
4.11 Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so, as from the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ,

The KJV says "as of the ability" instead of "as from the strength".

The talents were given according to "his own ability". Matt. 25.15

Actually, I imagine you are refering to the gifts spoken of in Romans 12.3 through 8
I'll start at verse 3:
3. For through the grace given to me I say to every man among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think as to have sound judgement, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.
4. For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function,
5. so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.
6. And since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given us, let each exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the portion of his faith;
7. if service, in his serving; or he who teaches, in his teaching;
8. or he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who gives, with liberality (or simplicity); he who leads (or gives aid), with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

I don't think I will assign any particular "gift" to myself. I will do the best I can, and leave the rest up to God. I wouldn't want to be thought of as thinking " more highly of" myself than I "ought to think".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity