Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 11:35 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,405 times

Advertisements

As for Enoch and Elijah, it is more than likely that they are going to be the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation 11.

Both of them were "Raptured" for a specific purpose.

Their objective is to preach the word of God and to turn people away from their sinful ways in the last days. It is also given that no men will be able to do harm to them, but the Antichrist himself. (Neither of them tasted death but after they have finished their 3.5 year testiomony they will)

"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed
These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will...."

If we just think back to the life and actions of Elijah stated in Kings ..1-2.. we can see that he did things in the 9th century BC, that he's going to do now in the last days.
e.g , he had power to shut heaven for like 3 years, he called fire down from heaven which devoured his enemies etc...
At that time he had to "fight against" the prophets of Baal, and in the last days he's going to "fight against" the wicked world, the antichrist and the false prophet.

The prophet Malachi also writes about the coming of Elijah, so we can be sure that he was "raptured" for a specific reason.

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD

And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

As to Enoch, we have only a little scriptural information on him.
one sentence in the old and one in the new testament.

"And Enoch walked with God: and he [was] not; for God took him" Genesis 5

"By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God" Hebrews 11

It is clear that he was also "Raptured" for a reason/purpose, and I believe he'll return with Elijah to prophesy for 3 and a half years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 08:36 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
As for Enoch and Elijah, it is more than likely that they are going to be the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation 11.

Both of them were "Raptured" for a specific purpose.

Their objective is to preach the word of God and to turn people away from their sinful ways in the last days. It is also given that no men will be able to do harm to them, but the Antichrist himself. (Neither of them tasted death but after they have finished their 3.5 year testiomony they will)

"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed
These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will...."

If we just think back to the life and actions of Elijah stated in Kings ..1-2.. we can see that he did things in the 9th century BC, that he's going to do now in the last days.
e.g , he had power to shut heaven for like 3 years, he called fire down from heaven which devoured his enemies etc...
At that time he had to "fight against" the prophets of Baal, and in the last days he's going to "fight against" the wicked world, the antichrist and the false prophet.

The prophet Malachi also writes about the coming of Elijah, so we can be sure that he was "raptured" for a specific reason.

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD

And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

As to Enoch, we have only a little scriptural information on him.
one sentence in the old and one in the new testament.

"And Enoch walked with God: and he [was] not; for God took him" Genesis 5

"By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God" Hebrews 11

It is clear that he was also "Raptured" for a reason/purpose, and I believe he'll return with Elijah to prophesy for 3 and a half years.
Enoch is not just taken out of the midst [laqach -raptured] of the world, but is in his translated body made for the glory, and has nothing more to do with the mortal life and cannot die again. He is the adopted son of Christ, in spiritual regeneration and in physical regeneration; and that happened before the first millennial week was ended and before Christ was come in flesh of New Man creation, and that happened at that time so that the inheritance of the earth is not lost to the seed of Adam. -That has to do with the biblical law of the firstborn son of the second husband of a barren widow, and speaks specifically of Zion above, as the barren widow who is the "Ishyah" of the second Man.

Moses was resurrected in his own mortal body and taken to heaven [raptured/laqach -taken from the world to heaven], and is with Elijah there, and they two come to the streets of Jerusalem to preach Christ and Him crucified for the purpose of fulfilling the Atonement; and they two represent "the Witness of the Law and the Prophets to Christ", unto Israel, after the Gentile harvest is ingathered [raptured/laqach -in regenerated bodies made for the glory], before the two witnesses can come, and before the tribulation can begin.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:58 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Then you have Elijah being caught up in the whirlwind. Of course some say it just put him down somewhere else. Elijah appeared and spoke with Jesus (along with Moses) which means Moses wasn't in the grave awaiting Jesus victory over death (as he should have been) nor was Elijah.

So who were the "souls in prison" Jesus preached the gospel too?

Another interesting thing to think about is those whom Jesus raised from the dead. They already suffered and died, then they get raised, get old and have to suffer and die all over again? If I were them I'd be thinking "But I already went through this once. No fair!!!"

This also goes against the "appointed once to die" passage (which is generally used grossly out of context anyway I might add).

I am a believer/follower of Jesus but I believe in the mystical/metaphorical aspects of scripture as well as the practical. I know many evangelicals go (mostly) all literal - good luck w/that!

blessings,
- Byron
Good post, Byron! I have to agree w/you; the Scriptures are spiritual, as Christ is now Spirit. There are layers to the understanding of Scripture, and until the Lord gives us a specific word about meanings of verses, we are on shaky ground by simply interpreting with the carnal mind, like we do a romance novel.
It's better to say, "I don't have a revelation of that yet" rather than pretend to understand all scripture perfectly.

Blessings!
Brian

Old 11-10-2010, 01:28 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Good post, Byron! I have to agree w/you; the Scriptures are spiritual, as Christ is now Spirit. There are layers to the understanding of Scripture, and until the Lord gives us a specific word about meanings of verses, we are on shaky ground by simply interpreting with the carnal mind, like we do a romance novel.
It's better to say, "I don't have a revelation of that yet" rather than pretend to understand all scripture perfectly.

Blessings!
Brian
We may not have the full discernment of this "divine plan" by the designer...but we should be hopeful that It would be his "obra maestra"...paradise restored...

Old 11-10-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Good post, Byron! I have to agree w/you; the Scriptures are spiritual, as Christ is now Spirit.
Christ Was Always, from eternity without beginning, the Living Spirit.
Christ is now come -present tense- "in flesh", and whoever denies that Christ "is come in flesh is antichrist", says the Word of God, by John the Apostle.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:57 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Christ Was Always, from eternity without beginning, the Living Spirit.
Christ is now come -present tense- "in flesh", and whoever denies that Christ "is come in flesh is antichrist", says the Word of God, by John the Apostle.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
It's necessary to see in these verses, however, that it is NOT referring to Jesus Christ having come in the flesh as a single man 2,000 years ago. Many people will confess that Jesus came in the flesh long ago, and yet not know Him nor have any interest in the things of God.

What these verses are saying, is that only those who see and feel and acknowledge Jesus Christ as having come in THEIR flesh are of God. People who have the free testimony of Jesus come in their flesh are of God. No one can call Jesus "Lord," but by the Holy Ghost.
We are called to be the Body of Christ, sons of God. A multi-membered Christ is the second coming.

Blessings!
Brian

Old 11-11-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
It's necessary to see in these verses, however, that it is NOT referring to Jesus Christ having come in the flesh as a single man 2,000 years ago. Many people will confess that Jesus came in the flesh long ago, and yet not know Him nor have any interest in the things of God.

What these verses are saying, is that only those who see and feel and acknowledge Jesus Christ as having come in THEIR flesh are of God. People who have the free testimony of Jesus come in their flesh are of God. No one can call Jesus "Lord," but by the Holy Ghost.
We are called to be the Body of Christ, sons of God. A multi-membered Christ is the second coming.

Blessings!
Brian
The verses in John most definitely state that those who deny that Christ is come in flesh are anti-Christ. -Not come in any other human being's flesh, but in His own flesh body, which John elaborates upon having touched and seen.

By second birth of Spirit I am joined to the One Living Spirit, which is Christ; but Christ has His own human being flesh body, since the incarnation, and that body is the Firstborn of the second human being creation and the Father of each born again in Christ soul.

Christ, the Living Spirit, has no father, no beginning of days, no mother, no beginning of life nor end of days, but the human being body He is incarnate in has a beginning of days, a Mother [Zion of the heavenlies], a Father, and no end of days, for He is forever in that New Man body, and the same is called "Salvation=Hoshea/Jesus", the Christ, incarnate.

To claim that Christ is not come -present tense- in flesh =human being flesh of the second Man creation, is called by John "the spirit of anti-Christ".

In Isaiah 59, YHWH dons the garment of Kinsman/Ga'al/Redeemer, which is the New Thing in the earth when a "woman compassed a Geber";
In Isaiah 49, He is called Israel, by the Father, as the second Man creation [who invoked His own name over Jacob, pre-incarnation, as a sign of the adoption to come], but we call Him the name the angel said to call Him, which in Hebrew is "Howshea/Salvation", and transliterated to English from Greek as "Jesus".
In Revelation 19, we see Him coming back to earth in the same body of flesh in which He is come in,
was baptized/immersed in blood/death in,
rose in,
is glorified in,
and will forever be in, as the only face of YHWH seen by angels or men.

Anyone can say Jesus is Lord, but the Scripture says, in the Greek, that no man has the power/authority to say Jesus is LORD but by the Holy Spirit -Who is that same Spirit of Christ who regenerates the dead in Adam spirit seed/offspring, to be adopted sons of God. Only the regenerated in Spirit adopted sons have the authority/Power to call Jesus LORD. Others, Jesus does not "know" by intimate aquaintence as adopted "sons".

The five foolish virgins who seemed to be Christians were without the Holy Spirit of regeneration, and missed the call to enter into the celebration of the consecration of the fully garmented priests and sons of the Firstborn, at the time of the rapture/ingathering of the Church; but those five foolish virgins called Jesus "Lord".
Jesus replied to them that; "I never knew you" -and they got locked out of the celebration of consecration of priests in the heavenly temple for the week of Tribulation on earth [typed in Leviticus chapter 8].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity