Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 12:26 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,511,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
How'd that attack work out for ya? You turn anyone away from the evil dark side yoda?
I am only defending the truth, which I was commanded in the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 12:29 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,045,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Bigthirsty, it is pretty simple. Does it represent an accurate image of God or the Godhead, sin etc.... from a biblical standpoint? YES or NO?

If not then my friend that is heresy.
Well state exactly from the book what you disagree with. You are asking me to debate with you when I don't even know what particular problem you have with the book.

So specifically fundie.. what is it?

I'll give you time to go and research "Hersey and The Shack" on the google machine. Good luck on your adventure sailor. God speed.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I am only defending the truth, which I was commanded in the bible.
and I'm asking you from a measureable standpoint.. how's that workin' out for ya? How many people have you been able to say "don't read that book".. then they didn't.. and it helped them with their walk? Thats all I'm asking.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:31 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,434,996 times
I just wonder how many people who condemn these two books of fiction ever actually READ them.. or if they just googled their favorite televangelist to get the scoop

My H condemned and condemned DaVinci code until I wanted to knock him upside the head because I knew that he had not read it. It was just another book of fiction, with added intrigue and adventure that I thoroughly enjoyed

Neither book shattered my belief or faith..
Someday I may write a tale of fiction based on the characters on cd

Old 04-27-2009, 12:32 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,511,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
and I'm asking you from a measureable standpoint.. how's that workin' out for ya? How many people have you been able to say "don't read that book".. then they didn't.. and it helped them with their walk? Thats all I'm asking.
actually quite a few when we explain how it is heresy. In fact I even got some private emails.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:33 PM

157 posts, read 243,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I just wonder how many people who condemn these two books of fiction ever actually READ them.. or if they just googled their favorite televangelist to get the scoop

My H condemned and condemned DaVinci code until I wanted to knock him upside the head because I knew that he had not read it. It was just another book of fiction, with added intrigue and adventure that I thoroughly enjoyed

Neither book shattered my belief or faith..

Miss Blue, I can promise you that if you did write such a book, I would read it with great enthusiasm!

Old 04-27-2009, 12:34 PM

I mean I could understand railing against the book if it was called "Death To God" and it was a story about a young man who kills God with a number 2 pencil. yeah.. I would wonder why that would be read in a church or by anyone..

alright.. I confess I'd want to know how the number 2 pencil would kill God so I'd want to read it..

because again.. it would be FICTION.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
actually quite a few when we explain how it is heresy. In fact I even got some private emails.
Were these Christians (trademark patent pending) you turned?

Old 04-27-2009, 12:37 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,872,593 times
Well personally for me, it was a beautiful story written from a father to his children. If it helps people connect with God then I am all for it. I found a lot of beauty in the book. Warning Christie, the begining is hard....

Old 04-27-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I wonder what part I would play... hmmmm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity