Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 07:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times

Advertisements

Homosexuals were clearly not that big of a deal to our buddy Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Would Jesus ban gay marriage? Not in the way you're thinking. Consider this

1. St. john's gospel says that Jesus is "the word made flesh" a fancy way of saying that he's god in the flesh and the human emodiment of God's word
2. Leviticus 18, considered to be God's word by christians and jews describes homosexual sex as a sin.
3. Therefore, if both are true, then Jesus would be opposed to homosexual sex, even if he never talked about it in the gospels.
4. So would he ban it? Well if we continue the supposition that he is God, then we could conclude that we would simply banish sin by his own power, rather than going to the Roman Governor (Or GW) to ban it by law.

If he were confronted by a real life homosexual, he would probably say something like "neither do I condemn you, now go and leave your life of sin" he still would have loved the person, even if he were opposed to what they did.

You probably don't agree with the logic, abovebut I hope that answers your question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 07:03 PM

I'm sorry but Moses is the same guy who saw a "burning bush" and split the sea in two. He is the same guy who said that God said "Homosexuals were to be put to death". Please get over yourself. We all know that murdering somebody is extremely unethical and is a sin.

The overall message from God is to "in general" lead a moral life. Accept Jesus as savior and be a peace maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoperenewed View Post
Jesus , who is God made manifest in the flesh and who is the creator of the world, see Genesis 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. and then see
John 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 ¶ And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. ( John bore witness of Jesus Christ) 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

This same Jesus who came out from God and is God always does the will of God.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

God considers homosexuality to be an abomination.
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

It is because of the wickeness of homosexuality that God destroyed the city of sodom from which comes the term sodomizer or sodomy.
Along with all of that, consider this, marriage is actually a blood covenant covenant between man and a woman and God. God is the one who originally created the covenant of marriage and he created it between a man and a woman. God absolutely would not agree and make a covenant that was contrary to his own commandments and his own law.
God indeed has not only banned gay "marriage" but has banned homosexuality itself.
While God is a loving God who desire for men to repent and be saved he is also God of judgement. By the way, it is Jesus who will judge the world.
John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

As for the the comment on wether or not we are to worship Christ Jesus read the following scripture and then read in John where it clearly shows that it was indeed the word of God who is with God and is God who created the Earth and that Word was then made manifest in the flesh. ( Jesus, also known as Emanuel which means God in the flesh) and consider how Jesus spoke and said to the Pharisees before Abraham was I AM .

Re 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and ...

Ro 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 ¶ Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
(KJV)

I strongly urge you who advocate or practic homosexuality to read your bibles and to study these things out.
God strongly warns against such things and while it might be easier to turn your face away and say to yourself it will be ok God understands, the fact of the matter is we are warned against such things in God's Holy Word.
The bible clearly states that those who do such things will not enter the kindgom of heaven.

Ga 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:14 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
oh before you said that God didnt care about homosexuals

now you're saying God told Moses to put homosexuals to death.

interesting.

Well this is a Christian forum and God rules!

Murdering someone is a sin...but it's a greater sin to disobey God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I'm sorry but Moses is the same guy who saw a "burning bush" and split the sea in two. He is the same guy who said that God said "Homosexuals were to be put to death". Please get over yourself. We all know that murdering somebody is extremely unethical and is a sin.

The overall message from God is to "in general" lead a moral life. Accept Jesus as savior and be a peace maker.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:06 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Would Jesus ban gay marriage?

Why, or why not?
He left His blueprint. It's called: The Bible. Biblical Instruction Before Leaving Earth read it!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
considering mideast has not changed in 2000 years and he was a rabbi. i dont think gay pride parade would be on his list of community activities. for those of you who are enjoying assaulting old ladies and violent disruption of holy church services, you have never seen a bagdad public stoning have you? they have modernized it after the initial witnesses stone the accused, they back up a dump truck full of rocks. ah technology its wonderful.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:44 PM

Sin is a behavior. You hate the behavior but you don't go around pointing fingers and being wrathful because you have 3 fingers pointing right back at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
We are taught to hate evil

Jesus hates evil

homosexuality is a sin...aka evil

BTW if you were so easily offended then betsey was right about writing that you are 'easily distracted'

Old 11-21-2008, 05:28 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
Quote:

Why, or why not?
The voters of California did...

Old 11-21-2008, 05:21 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Smile Sure

Quote:
Quote:

Why, or why not?

Sure
For obvious reasons
One things Jesus states that He came to fulfill the Law and not to abolish it.
and if we omitted everything that Jesus stood for and taught which was obviously His Father in Heaven's Will to be done;
This is a no-brainer
BTW are there any any gay animals that are protesting(fighting their natural God breathed instincts;their nature, I mean birds and bees and cows, pigs, bears, lions, tigers and bears???
Just curious if humans are the only ones that are revolting against God's divine order. Protesting and all??
I knew many gays when i was a young adult in New York and Jersey and they were some of my best friends at that time,(*when i say close i mean close) high end designers, I was in the theatre with most of them. and i regret that the majority have deceased.. or changed their lifestyles,
And just for the record this was the 60's 70's and eighties...
It's amazing how many of them, could confide in me.And many told me at that time that they were miserable.(their consciences, )most of them didn't want to be gay, because even then, they didn;t even feel that it was
natural for them to embrace this lifestyle, some of them at times considered or committed suicide, I know more than I care to share, because I was closely involved with them on a professional and personal level. (ie: family members)
And trust me none of them wanted to be gay,but this was a lifestyle that they embraced like any other addiction,
one friend swore that he was born that way, the others told me how they got that way...
and the ones that attributed to their pain probably have to be concerned with Hell/Lake of Fire (whatever you choose to call it) than the ones that they actually hurt and destroyed. These were not your common girls either, many of the plays on and off Bwy'
they were in, starred and co-starred....You name it.
Some of these were in the business, suit and ties , and the many husbands that they committed adultery with.....
Not one was proud of where they were...they were devoted and loyal friends of mine. I never met an enemy.
I want to clarify that" I was none of that" meaning I was and still am hetero. But I was someone who loved them in spite of who or what they were (drag, queen or straight) and they loved me for it.
I don't know what this poppycock that's going on right now. These men would be ashamed of the gay movements now. They knew that it didn't take all of that, to be what you wanted to be in or out of the closet, throwing it up in everyone's face..
That was what they called tacky"
So, the answer to the OP is still NO!!
But Jesus loves you in spite of,
It has been stated at least a million times on here, that we as representatives of Christ love you too, just hate the sin and the condition that this leaves all victims that are pasrt of your lives, this marriage is not just between a man and man or woman/woman.
It involves everyone in your life that may be innocent bystanders.. But i'll leave that alone
don't try and destroy everything and everyone around you, including children, that would have been thought of as selfish as "hay" to my people that i knew that were in this lifestyle
And marriage.. C'mon now!!!
God Bless you

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 11-21-2008 at 05:47 PM..

Old 11-21-2008, 05:43 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
i haven't done that but if that's what you experience....it has no bearing on the bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Sin is a behavior. You hate the behavior but you don't go around pointing fingers and being wrathful because you have 3 fingers pointing right back at you.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:14 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Default He didn't create them

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Agnostic/questioning person here, but I think that he would want everyone to be equal because I was taught that he loves us all. Jesus the man, Jesus the divine, it doesn't matter.[b]
Quote:
According to the Bible, all of his children are made in his image. So if he's omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and infallible then he doesn't make mistakes. So to me that means that he made us all the way we were meant to be made, including his gay children and he wants us all to be happy. He wouldn't create gay children if he thought it was wrong.
[/B]Someone else on CD pointed me to a great Margaret Cho piece on Youtube and she says in the joke that she's waiting for Jesus to come back and say, "That's not what I meant!" about gay people. Here's a link, it's pretty hilarious:
YouTube - Margaret Cho -- These Christian Groups Have Lost Their Minds

She'll be waiting for eternity

God did not create gay people
Sin and evil created them,
Sins of the Fathers that caused a curse
Sins on those who violated and molested young children, even babies
These sins never went without repentance, so the result is Satan has
full reign over the bloodline to do whatever he please.
This is acts of disobedience,the consequences have passed down through the generational line, and will remain until someone in step up to the plate and repent and deal with the sins..
That is for all of us , not just gays
If you need scripture, let me know
God Bless You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity