Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:19 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
1 Timothy 4:1-2
"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons."
"Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron."
This is why there is not to be many teachers. Only the Spirit should be their Teacher! It is as Jesus once said, concerning teachers: "the blind leading the blind".

The problem is that too many men have corrupted the Word for their own benefit, thereby sealing their fates. The more the Spirit of God is poured upon mankind, the bigger the lies then become, from those seeking to suppress the Truth. Shoot, Jesus could show up today, and most people would not even recognize Him. Their own theologies dictate that it must be the "anti-Christ" coming first. Or the "rapture". Or the tribulation. But not Christ. The time line isn't and couldn't be right. They still have "time" to prepare and trim their lamps.

For some, Christ has already come back. He has revealed Himself to them, and they will never taste death. These are the overcomers. They live a sanctified life full of Love, for both God first, and also their brothers. Yes, fleshly death still comes, but this is merely a translation, into spiritual life.

For some people, myself included, this is That which I seek, His Face. To declare myself anything, is nothing, unless Jesus declares it. Some say this is impossible, and others say it can not and would not ever happen. If they can say this, then really what they are saying is that the Bible is a myth, because it happened already, to those who wrote it. It happened to the early early church fathers. They SAW, and they HEARD. What did they see and hear? Mere words? Or the WORD??

No matter how much the battle rages on between that which is right, and that which is wrong, the clear path to Christ will never be Lost. If it is, then what is being said, is that Christ is Lost. Since we know Christ is the Great Shepard of His Flock, then we must first know to Listen to His voice. For there are many who don't even know they have a Shepard, and He is calling or, sad to say, CANNOT or REFUSE to HEAR HIS VOICE.

This is why our personal opinions, don't matter. Our interpretations of His written Word the Bible, don't matter. Our perception of others, don't matter.

The ONLY thing that matters is DOES HE KNOW US! Are WE HIS SHEEP, and are WE BEING LED? If we answered yes, then we must above ALL else LEARN to SEEK His Face, and HEAR HIS VOICE!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:34 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
[quote=moonsavvy;4542126]
Quote:
Unbelievable. Oh you and I do not know the same Christ. Regardless, that is your view and if that works for you, fine.
With all due respect, Moon, it's not our views. It's God's commands and directives from His Holy Word, the Bible. There are always scriptures to back up what we are saying.

Rev. 3:20
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."

There is only one Christ Jesus. Jesus cannot be heard by those who have hardened their hearts.

Hebrews 3:12,19
12..."See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God."
19..."So we see that they were not able to enter (God's kingdom), because of their unbelief."
Hebrews 4:2
"For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith."

Quote:
Again, it might be beneficial for YOU, not for me, not for others, for you, do yourselves a big favor and enjoy some peace that comes from acceptance.
I have more peace now than at any other time in my life because of Christ. Because I believe the word of God and spread the gospel like I am commanded to do, does not mean that I am not at peace. It means I am doing what is right and what God requires of me.

I accept everyone, but there are false teachings and people being deceived as we speak BECAUSE they do not know the Word of God, and are trusting others for the truth when it is not in them.

Quote:
It might be beneficial for you to give others room to express thier truth, rather than chalking it up to "false teachings" because it is not in agreement with your own views. It will do wonders for your personal growth.
I am more concerned with truth and souls than the temporary acceptance of the world and it's desires. Personal growth comes through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

John 15:18-20 (Jesus speaking)
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."
"If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."
"Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master."

Old 07-21-2008, 12:41 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I have more peace now than at any other time in my life because of Christ. I accept everyone,
So how did you achieve this peace, what has it given you? And I would love to see you post something from your heart rather than a few sentences, followed by a verse from the bible to "strengthen" your arguement. Speak to me from your heart, leave the bible verses behind...just one time. How does it feel to be peaceful?

If I understand you right, it seems that you have been through some very challenging times in your past. I would love to hear more about how you triumphed through those times, rather than have you throw a bunch of bible verses my way pointing out how "wrong" I and others are. I hope that made sense.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:45 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Paul said that in the 1st century that there would be apostasy, those disciples have left a legacy. As well as deception outside the religion of christianity there is deception within it.

If you seek to follow religion not Christ that is also the broad way. To those who show mercy, mercy will be shown.

Salvation is in Christ not in the religion of christianity, it seems to me that some people think that because they are witnessing/telling that salvation is in Christ that the only way to Christ is through them.

Jesus said to his disciples Luk 9:49 ¶ And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.

Luk 9:50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid [him] not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Jesus came to save the world from sin and death.

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men [are], extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [his] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
So how did you achieve this peace, what has it given you? And I would love to see you post something from your heart rather than a few sentences, followed by a verse from the bible to "strengthen" your arguement. Speak to me from your heart, leave the bible verses behind...just one time. How does it feel to be peaceful?

If I understand you right, it seems that you have been through some very challenging times in your past. I would love to hear more about how you triumphed through those times, rather than have you throw a bunch of bible verses my way pointing out how "wrong" I and others are. I hope that made sense.
Of course it makes sense. Briefly, because I'm cooking, I was saved as a child, and strayed from the faith and all things "God" because of many, many reasons. When I came back and re-dedicated my life to Christ, it was a slow process which was speeded up drastically one day when I was "slain in the spirit"....I'll explain that one later.

About the peace that I have.....I prayed for it. I prayed hard for it. It's something that I never had, and I wanted it badly. I prayed for peace and also to have Biblical clarity, and that day I received both....in massive abundance!!

I can't share my testimony on this board because it just gives others ammunition to use against me, even though it would probably help a lot of people tremendously. If someone will go into my personal bio info and use it against me, then I feel sure that would be the case with my testimony too.

My testimony would make your toes curl. All I can say is that if God can turn me and my life around, He really can do it for anyone.

I'm all about speaking from the heart....maybe you should go back and read some of my posts. I have shared some of my testimony, but not much. When I speak from the heart, people demand scripture. When I quote scripture, people demand straight talk. Can't win around here.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I'm all about speaking from the heart....maybe you should go back and read some of my posts. I have shared some of my testimony, but not much. When I speak from the heart, people demand scripture. When I quote scripture, people demand straight talk. Can't win around here.
Would that be called damned if you do and damned if you don't?

Old 07-21-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Would that be called damned if you do and damned if you don't?
That would be it.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
That would be it.
Day you're really funny, did you know that I just found out you were female? For some reason I thought you were male! I like you better as a female.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:55 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,840 times
At least this is a topic of interest.
If we could be just a Christian without caring about whether we assemblying around believers or not then that's a different story.
Unfortunately Paul say you can't be around anybody just to be around religious and ceremonial people. 2 Corinthians 6:14-17.
If we only had to worry about polygamy marriage and money crooks then we have the news media being the cops without a badge on all the time.
It's when you deal with jewelry and attire as well as hygiene and women preachers that makes religion so dangerous cause nobody being the cops with opposing teaching against Paul in 1 Timothy 2:9-14 or are they being the cops fast with 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 violated intentionally.
This instead is waived off as optional doctrine and man made legalism in Christianity.
That's the greater evil to really confront if we're into equal yokes with folks as Paul encourages.
What society calls good and evil is not necessarily what the bible is calling good and evil.
Unless our morals for Christians are completely bible based and completely intrepreted by God only then we're messing with a dangerous legalism system for man whether it's polygamy marriage and homosexuality or whatever.
Church not church until we got believers coming together while they in agreement with all the bible correctly.
Jesus didn't say he was going to build his church with any ceremonial person in the crowd.
Instead he choose Peter as well as a few ceremonial people to do it with.
Matthew says upon this rock I'm going to build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail.
The rock referring to Peter cause he believe the bible saying Jesus is the son of God as well as saying whatever in the book.
It was Peter that said no prophecy of the scripture is of no private intrepretation.
He knew all the bible had a God made doctrine from Genesis to Revelation.
Even if man in intentional conflict and corruption with the bible with idealogy legalism.

Quote:
Dangers of false teachers:

1. Deception.....................as in following deception/not seeking real truth
2. Division.........................between church, families, etc.
3. Disillusionment................sense of emptiness when not following Christ
4. Danger of falling away......abandoning the faith

1 Timothy 4:1-2
"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons."
"Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron."

5. Destruction....................of families, churches, friends and lives.
__________________________________________________ ____________

What Cults Do:
Brainwashing
Indoctrination
Demands obedience and makes promises
Isolates people
Almost always involves sex

False teachers divide churches, and are not into bringing anyone into a personal relationship with Christ.
False teachers START churches, with disgruntled and confused non-Christians.
With their lies and deception, they are confessing their own disbelief in the Word of God.

How to protect from false teachers:

1. Cling to the Word of God, hold fast
2. Study under trustworthy teachers (that don't question the Bible)
3. Be on guard against false doctrines
4. Learn to refute false doctrine

How to treat false teachers:

2 John 7-8
"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist."
"Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully."

2 John 10-11 (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)
"If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him."
"Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work."

DO NOT TAKE HIM INTO YOUR HOUSE!! This means via in person, television, radio, internet or telephone. Do not let the devil in!!!

God's Word, the Bible, IS THE AUTHORITY.
Speak truth, based on the Word of God.

Foundation of belief system: doctrinal truth
Belief based on "feelings": not a belief system

The paragraph below is an example of false teachings:

These were Jesus final words
John 13:34 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
John 13:35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

This is what means to be a Christian, everything else is just delusion, so any human being who acts in this way is a Christian, even if he is an atheist, muslim, jew, hindu, etc. Whomever strives his entire life to express virtue in his life will eventually be saved.
The whole deal of burning in hell, is nothing else but the product of unsound perception and lack of mental clarity, and thinking like this only produces suffering and draws people away from God.

__________________________________________________ ___________
The above is false because it is taught very clearly in the Bible that there is ONE way to the Father God, and that is through His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus died a horrible death on the cross for our sins and to reconcile us to the Father. He is the ONE AND ONLY way, because that is what the Bible says. To say that there is any other way other than Jesus is man-made and false. It is important to know the difference, because as in the example above, scriptures are also quoted but are completely out of context and have nothing to do with salvation.

Acts 4:12
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name (Jesus) under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
John 14:6
"Jesus answered "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

God is VERY REAL.
SO IS SATAN. It doesn't matter what anyone "thinks or "feels".....it's what God's Word says. God's Word (the Bible) is THE authority.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Day you're really funny, did you know that I just found out you were female? For some reason I thought you were male! I like you better as a female.
Was it the "cooking" reference or did you look at my bio? No problem, lots of people thought I was a guy. One poster said it was because my SN sounded masculine. Go figure. I tend to like me better as a female too.

This twisted sense 'o humor I have still gets me in trouble. Some habits die hard for old converted hippies. Thanks, Moon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity