Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 12:04 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,840 times

Advertisements

So are you in bible agreement with bible believers concerning jewelry,
dress and attire and also concerning women preachers prohibited in
the church. What are you exactly coming away from with people together? Does your favorite preacher and leader believe the bible
concerning jewelry, attire and dress and concerning women preachers
prohibited in the church? Are you after unity that's not phony or are you content with ceremonial religion with phony nice people only?

I mess with the bible in 1 Timothy 2:9-14 and mess with the bible in
1 Corinthians 14:34-35. That's how I impose the questions on you. I never been a big shot with philosophical views for people. I just know what the bible say only. Are we the equal yoke or are we just playing around here?
Why your favorite preacher the real deal when the bible is messed with enough? What bible verses make him different to stand out with people today? Obviously everybody not perfect and everybody not a bible expert all the time. On the otherhand the phonies are the phonies and that's not unity of God if we doing this equal yoke of fellowship in Christ right. You married a wife without jewelry? You preacher the same? Your preacher silent women from teaching in the church? Your preacher rebuke expensive wedding garments and flattery stuff with lipstick and braided hair, etc. ? He turn down marrying divorced people or do he believe Romans 7:2-3? What's your bible stand if he don't have a bible stand ? You care what your favorite preacher believe with the whole book or you phony about equal yokes of fellowship with nice people only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha Shemuel View Post
Religion is man made, the Doctrine of demons and traditions of men.
Come out from among them.

5 million Hebrews, Jews came out of Egypt, out of the religions of men by God's hand. only two of those who first came out, with God all over them all day for 40 years they all perished for disobedience only two walked in.

9 million burned in the fire 6 million Jews who thought they were perfect, in peace, knowing Him, thinking they served the true God.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
(II Corinthians 6:17)

II Corinthians
6 1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) 3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: 4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, 5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; 6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, 7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, 8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; 9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; 10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. 11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. 12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. 13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged. 14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 01:11 PM

396 posts, read 838,091 times
I've asked that question a good bit. I'm of the belief that no mortal has seen the book of life and therefore can't know 100% for sure what names are written in it. I don't know who is 100% right or whatever. I do know that I believe in God. I believe that He sent His only Son to die for us. Please don't make me post the entire creed...I'm sure you can find it. Anyways, I'm not sure that anyone has it 100%. I also believe you should Live a good life...Have a good Heart...worship God...and as hard as it may be, try not to judge others (That's God's job...not mine).

Old 08-17-2008, 03:50 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
The only way I’m able to find the truth is through debate; a good debate reveals what you truly believe and why you believe it.
By debating with others I can sift the truth from all the untruths.
To me the Bible is just a tool, like a road sign or treasure map; I do not consider the Bible the truth (or the treasure) itself.
The fact that many great evil deeds were done by people quoting the Bible proves that I’m right.

This is why I find an interreligious dialogue between different religions and philosophies very important.
See my post in Travelling Fella’s thread Horizontal conversion vs Vertical conversion:
//www.city-data.com/forum/4687599-post4.html.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:35 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,860 times
Ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:54 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,738 times
Jam 1:27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:59 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,487 times
I think even Christians will disagree on side issues but that is what they are. It is belief in Christ alone as the payment for our sin on the cross that is the center. If someone believes that I'm not really worried if they feel they must be sprinkled not dunked, or use wine or grape juice, if they go to movies or play cards or cut their hair. I really don't think all those things are worth the debate. We are all different and I think there is room in God's word to embrace some different side issues and not bother the main belief in who Jesus Christ is and what he has done for us all.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:47 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
This scripture pretty well sums it up , in my mind :

1st Thess. 2.13 For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you recieved the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:05 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
Smile The Holy Spirit

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by REFORMED View Post
No matter what your religion is, you may find yourself debating that yours is correct and others are wrong.

Do you ever consider, while in debate with someone of another religion, that once all of God's chosen ones are in heaven, the truth will be revealed to man who was right after all? Considering that so many Christians find themselves trying to "prove their points" to other Christians, truly believing that they are justified in the Lord for their beliefs, is it no wonder that together, collectively, Christianity is considered "the body of Christ"?

Consider the fact that Pentecostals and Catholics believe differently, and that Presbyterians and Universalists believe differently, and that Baptists and Methodists believe differently, etc, etc....

....though each one would be given different gifts, (as stated in the Bible), and so many of us interpret scriptures differently, believing wholeheartedly that we have truth from the Word, is it so far fetched to assume that there is not a particular "right religion", but rather that God would put such a weighty decision on His children's shoulders for the purpose of keeping His children close to Him seeking truth? Perhaps it's all for a reason?

I do not submit that "as long as you're a good person you'll go to heaven". This question would be classified as a bit deeper as to your understanding of the Body of Christ, and what you think it means when it says that all truth will be revealed in heaven? I know I am sure of this, but sadly, I do not have the scripture off the top of my head. Does anyone know where in the Bible this is?

What are your thoughts?

I know by the Holy Spirit
God Bless You

Old 08-18-2008, 01:48 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
I'm a pastafarian and I have been touched by his noodly appendage. Ramen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity