Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:55 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The Bible gives no evidence that the new birth can be taken away.

(Romans 8:38-39)

38 "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Remember the same God who saved you is the same God who will keep you.

Are you able to separate yourself from the love of God?

p.s. You are agree with atheists (former "Christians") over me. Who will you believe them or God's words?
The Roman's 8.38,39 scriptures are really great scriptures, but what is failed to be recognized is that we can separate ourselves from the love of God, if we turn our back on Him and His will! The 'falling' away of those who were once Christ's is taught over and over in the scriptures.
To teach otherwise is a misrepresentation of the word of God!
And BTW, I do believe the word of God, that is why I say that!

I could post many many scriptures that back this up, but it will not change the mind of those who chose not to believe them, and twist them to suit their own doctrine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 08:12 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
The Roman's 8.38,39 scriptures are really great scriptures, but what is failed to be recognized is that we can separate ourselves from the love of God, if we turn our back on Him and His will! The 'falling' away of those who were once Christ's is taught over and over in the scriptures.

I could post many many scriptures that back this up, but it will not change the mind of those who chose not to believe them, and twist them to suit their own doctrine!

Please do because I see no such scriptures of God saving you and then you falling away.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:18 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:

And scripture also proclaims that none can turn back His will.

Quote:
For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion." So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth." Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?" But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?" Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor? (Romans 9:15-21)

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth--in Him. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. (Eph 1: 7-12)

Remember this, and show yourselves men; Recall to mind, O you transgressors. Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, "My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,' Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it. (Isa 46: 8-11)

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. (Psalm 139:7-10)

Old 12-09-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Please do because I see no such scriptures of God saving you and then you falling away.

Hebrews 6.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away,to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to open shame.

Exactly what more proof do you need????

Old 12-09-2008, 04:21 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Hebrews 6.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
6 if they fall away,to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to open shame.

1 Cor 3: 13-15

13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Our God is a consuming fire.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
1 Cor 3: 13-15

13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Our God is a consuming fire.
Good scripture, but I do not see it saying anything about sinning in a way that will cause one to turn away from Christ....or to cause Christ to turn away from him.

Since it is talking about a "man's work" not about his sins....

Old 12-09-2008, 07:04 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Hebrews 6.

I have said before these verses do not support the belief that you can be saved one day and lost the next. Those who persevere in believing are true saints, those who continue to reject Christ are unbelievers. Fundamentalist is correct when he said there are no verses that say God saves us and then we can fall away.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:44 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,240 times
Isn't half of the book of Galatians about falling away? Take a particular look at Galations 5. These are the same people who in chapter 3 had received the Holy Spirit and had miracles worked in their midst.

In Luke 8, Jesus gives us the Parable of the Sower along with the explanation.

13And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.

1 Corinthians 10 is a warning against falling away into idolatry.

1 Timothy 18-20

18This charge I entrust to you, Timothy, my child, in accordance with the prophecies previously made about you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, 19 holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith, 20among whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.

There are numerous other verses in the Bible that I could keep going with. The Apostles seem to have been particularly concerned that their new Christians not be drawn back into Judaism or Idolatry. They would not need to have this concern if there was no way to fall away from salvation.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I have said before these verses do not support the belief that you can be saved one day and lost the next. Those who persevere in believing are true saints, those who continue to reject Christ are unbelievers. Fundamentalist is correct when he said there are no verses that say God saves us and then we can fall away.
It is yours and 'Fund's privilege to believe what makes you feel good. I will believe all the scriptures that teach otherwise..... whether either of you are willing to or not!

Old 12-09-2008, 07:54 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
It is yours and 'Fund's privilege to believe what makes you feel good. I will believe all the scriptures that teach otherwise..... whether either of you are willing to or not!
And if believing you can loose your salvation makes you feel good, that's your privilege too. I believe all the scriptures that teach otherwise whether you are willing to or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity