Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 04:46 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adore View Post
If I could have only talked with you years ago. I was what you called, clinically depressed. I remember telling the Lord that I wanted to know Him. Shortly thereafter my world, as I knew it, fell apart (so I thought). A lot of what I had done wrong through my life or neglected to handle, all appeared at the same time. I had to give it up or lay it down. I felt I had hit rock bottom only to come to the understanding that His is that Rock at the bottom. To make a long story short, without effort, Scripture started coming to my remembrance and I begin to speak them out loud and with tears. "Yeah thought I walk THROUGH the valley... I will fear no evil, for thou art with me..", "I will never leave you nor forsake you" the Lord promises. It is the WORD of GOD that is alive and active and sharper than any two edge sword. He showed me who HE was in my pain and how I was unable to go through without HIM. It is The Lord who carry us. He is truth. I became so amazed at where He brought me from- while others watched in amazement too at how it was happening. They confessed that there is a God! And I am not Him. He gets all the glory. I became desperate to know Him more and more - the one who brought me through such darkness, misery and pain. Jesus is the reason for our being. I am sold out and presently studying His Word in Seminary. Know some Word for your spirit, by heart, speak His Word out loud. Pray His Words back to Him. We will go through hard times-it is a promise -but His Is our Strength and His power is made perfect in our weakness. With love.
Amen and amen! Praise His faithfulness!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 11:15 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Originally Posted by PG77
Quote:
God Will Give You No More Than You Can Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by PG77 Only people who have never truly suffered from a depression are naive enough to believe that.
WHAT?.....Are you serious? Do I read this correctly? If I do, then I say... WRONG...WRONG...WRONG...WRONG...WRONG...!!!!!!! I HAVE suffered THE MOST DARKEST, HOPELESS, MIND DESTROYING, LIFE DEPLEATING DEPRESSION ONE COULD EVER IMAGINE...and the Lord ALONE carried me THROUGH, snatched me up and out..and now He uses the strength I gained through that experience to help others THROUGH theirs!

Quote:
By remembering that although I may not love myself when I'm in a depressed state, there are people who still find me worthy of their love.
Amen...there were 2 people who came to my home to make sure I ate...bathed...and was still alive and breathing...(they didn't know that I still had my .357 magnum......that I pulled out once or twice...wondering if maybe the world would be better off without me...) Thank God I had those two...who I love with every ounce of breath I have in me...they cared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity