Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:40 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times

Advertisements

I was going to start a thread on something else controversial, but this seems a little more pressing. The last month has been extremely trying, and I'm suffering from tremendous exhaustion. I don't have a whole lot of energy anyway, but the life has literally been sucked out of me lately.

I feel Satan pressing down hard on me. He had me lock, stock and barrel almost all of my life, and temptations and desires to go back to old habits surface when I'm beat down physically and emotionally. I am more determined than ever to rebuke him, ignore him and laugh at him because I know in my heart our time here on this earth is very short.

I had a horrible day. Something too awful to even mention happened in my life 4 years ago, and the complete horror of it came back in an unbelievable way today. I was infuriated, because it came back through the pure meanness of a relative.

My initial reaction........do what comes naturally. Anger, rage, and harsh words. That's the problem. It goes against my personality to handle such injustices in a civil way. That's why I struggle so much and work so hard at it. But through the grace of God, now I'm able to work through it rationally, most of the time

I was geared up to call and curse, but God intervened. My sister called, and after venting about it to her, she reminded me that it was Satan working through this person. Duh!!!??? God laid it on her heart to call me to tell me that. It just didn't dawn on me until she said it. IT'S ALL SATAN'S DOING. I need prayers, folks. Satan is really attacking me right now, and I refuse to let him win.

I'm 16 years older than my sister, but she is so much wiser than me. She said to get up every morning and ask God to bless *&%$*#@%? I'm gonna do it, and maybe I'll mean it after a while.

We have to be aware and remember that Satan is going to up his game on believers because we are in the last days. He doesn't need to up his game on non-believers......he's already got them!!!

And THAT is exactly why I think Satan is trying so hard. Let's band together and pray extra hard for one another because now is not the time to be forgetting what God has done for us and indulging in worldly things. It's time for extraordinary strength, not weakness.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought it would be good if we could air all of our trials.....and pray for each other. There have been several threads started lately with pleas for answers and questions as to why, so apparently it's not just me. Let's keep this controversy free and just a place to vent without rude comments or judgements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 10:57 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I was going to start a thread on something else controversial, but this seems a little more pressing. The last month has been extremely trying, and I'm suffering from tremendous exhaustion. I don't have a whole lot of energy anyway, but the life has literally been sucked out of me lately.

I feel Satan pressing down hard on me. He had me lock, stock and barrel almost all of my life, and temptations and desires to go back to old habits surface when I'm beat down physically and emotionally. I am more determined than ever to rebuke him, ignore him and laugh at him because I know in my heart our time here on this earth is very short.

I had a horrible day. Something too awful to even mention happened in my life 4 years ago, and the complete horror of it came back in an unbelievable way today. I was infuriated, because it came back through the pure meanness of a relative.

My initial reaction........do what comes naturally. Anger, rage, and harsh words. That's the problem. It goes against my personality to handle such injustices in a civil way. That's why I struggle so much and work so hard at it. But through the grace of God, now I'm able to work through it rationally, most of the time

I was geared up to call and curse, but God intervened. My sister called, and after venting about it to her, she reminded me that it was Satan working through this person. Duh!!!??? God laid it on her heart to call me to tell me that. It just didn't dawn on me until she said it. IT'S ALL SATAN'S DOING. I need prayers, folks. Satan is really attacking me right now, and I refuse to let him win.

I'm 16 years older than my sister, but she is so much wiser than me. She said to get up every morning and ask God to bless *&%$*#@%? I'm gonna do it, and maybe I'll mean it after a while.

We have to be aware and remember that Satan is going to up his game on believers because we are in the last days. He doesn't need to up his game on non-believers......he's already got them!!!

And THAT is exactly why I think Satan is trying so hard. Let's band together and pray extra hard for one another because now is not the time to be forgetting what God has done for us and indulging in worldly things. It's time for extraordinary strength, not weakness.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought it would be good if we could air all of our trials.....and pray for each other. There have been several threads started lately with pleas for answers and questions as to why, so apparently it's not just me. Let's keep this controversy free and just a place to vent without rude comments or judgements.
Dear DOTL, life's an eternal struggle, the stronger you get the stronger the trials you face, but it takes more strenght and courage to forgive that to fall for the trap of hatred.

God is watching you and guiding you over your trials, there is nothing to fear because he is with you, he's your best defense so keep him present just as if it were drinking water.

You'll be alright sister.

Love and Light!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:25 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Dear DOTL, life's an eternal struggle, the stronger you get the stronger the trials you face, but it takes more strenght and courage to forgive that to fall for the trap of hatred.

God is watching you and guiding you over your trials, there is nothing to fear because he is with you, he's your best defense so keep him present just as if it were drinking water.

Love and Light!
Amen!

Strength and grace and peace to you - Jesus will prevail in you.

Remember that these hard situations can only reveal what's inside of us. The harder pressed we are, the more hidden junk comes out that needs to be dealt with. I don't say this lightly sis, I've the target some pretty intense (and senseless) hatred and violence and I have walked through some deep valley's with victims of rape and abuse. Nothing easy about it.

God is merciful though and as 'triggers' come and the anger and hatred arises, it's so we can get to those deeper levels of grace and forgiveness.

"He that began a good work in you will also finish it"

blessings,
- Byron

Old 07-30-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

Love and Light!
Thank you, TF. I can always count on you for kind words.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Amen!

Strength and grace and peace to you - Jesus will prevail in you.

Remember that these hard situations can only reveal what's inside of us. The harder pressed we are, the more hidden junk comes out that needs to be dealt with. I don't say this lightly sis, I've the target some pretty intense (and senseless) hatred and violence and I have walked through some deep valley's with victims of rape and abuse. Nothing easy about it.

God is merciful though and as 'triggers' come and the anger and hatred arises, it's so we can get to those deeper levels of grace and forgiveness.

"He that began a good work in you will also finish it"

blessings,
- Byron
Amen, Byron!! After a good night's sleep and asking God to bless them, I feel better today. God has done such a miraculous work in me already and I know I will just get stronger. When we go to Him first before automatically striking out in the flesh, we can never fail. NEVER.

I'm sorry for your trials....we all should be more aware that we all suffer and sometimes our reactions to things are because of that suffering.

God bless.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:05 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,043 times
DOTL, it seems like the closer you get to God the harder Satan tries to destroy you. I am fighting this myself. I was very close to God and then fell away and thank goodness I have made it back. It is even harder now than ever. I am right there with you. Praying for you.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,815 times
Romans 8
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:16 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
The devil is real and he is trying to make us feel defeated and frustrated, but with the Holy Spirit's power, we can resist the devil and he will flee from us.
James 4:7 "So humble yourselves before God, resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
DOTL, it seems like the closer you get to God the harder Satan tries to destroy you. I am fighting this myself. I was very close to God and then fell away and thank goodness I have made it back. It is even harder now than ever. I am right there with you. Praying for you.
Thank you, PG!!! And I'm praying for you as well.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:54 AM

Amen, ILNC and Arguy!!! I love it when scriptures are quoted that apply to our immediate circumstances. That's the beauty of God's Word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity