Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:42 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times

Advertisements

The Sevenfold Rapture

Enoch, the first rapture
Moses, the second rapture
Elijah, the third rapture
Jesus.....resurrection and rapture
Rapture of the Old Testament Saints
Rapture of the Church or "The Rapture" (still awaiting)
Rapture of the Two Witnesses (will happen during the tribulation)

5 have already taken place, two have not yet been fulfilled.

The interesting thing about this is, once again, the number 7. The number 7 is God's number of fulfillment or completion.

Notice that Jesus is #4 of 7. This can be compared to the spiritual branches of the Menorah and it's lights. It's center light, rising like a beacon, is Christ.

Just like the "The Millenial-Day theory", the number 7 and the rapture is obviously important as well.

The Millennial-Day Theory

We know that numerology is important in Biblical prophecy, and these things are important to connect together and to be able to discern what God intended for us to understand from these prophecies. These are not just coincidences.....the more we study the more we can connect the dots and see the patterns and importance of God and numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 02:19 PM

286 posts, read 804,733 times
according to some devout x-tians, numerology is a sin and of the devils work..you better be careful before one of your brethen damn you to hell for all eternity for equating that with the creator

Old 08-15-2008, 03:15 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Funny, the only time I found a scripture that dealt with the rapture was at Proverbs 2:21 & 22.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:18 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times
Funny, everytime in history that someone has predicted the rapture, it never happened.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Funny, the only time I found a scripture that dealt with the rapture was at Proverbs 2:21 & 22.
Anyone who knows the Bible knows that the word "rapture" is not in there. Rapture is a word used to describe the Saints being "caught up" in the air to meet Jesus.

Rapture = (Wikipedia)
In Christian eschatology, the Rapture is the name given to the future event in which it is believed that Jesus Christ will descend from Heaven, accompanied by the spirits of all the saints of God, both from the pre-incarnation period and after, who have passed on prior to the rapture, and then the bodies of the saints are joined with their spirits in a resurrection - the First Resurrection - to meet the Lord. Immediately after this, all true Christians alive on the earth are simultaneously transported to meet the Lord and those who have preceded them in the air as well, all, having been transformed into immortal bodies like Jesus' body, often referred to as the "resurrection body".

The actual word rapture means =
Latin rapere, to take away or snatch out.

And the scriptures you quoted have absolutely nothing to do with any rapture of any kind. These verses are referring to Abraham's descendants and that they were promised the land of Canaan. I don't know exactly what you are trying to prove here.

Proverbs 2:21-22
"For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it; but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the unfaithful will be torn from it."

Old 08-16-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Funny, everytime in history that someone has predicted the rapture, it never happened.
We are most definitely living in the last days of this earth, and whether the rapture happens before the tribulation, during the tribulation, or after the tribulation are of no concern to someone who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

There is no cause for fear if you are a born-again Christian....only rejoicing. What I have discerned from what the scriptures are trying to tell us, as well as millions of others who believe the same, is that there will be a pre-tribulation rapture.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Proverbs 2:21-22
"For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it; but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the unfaithful will be torn from it."
Well thank God. Maybe once these people are raptured and gone, then maybe the Earth can finally heal and cleanse itself. Glad you presented that version of the text.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Well thank God. Maybe once these people are raptured and gone, then maybe the Earth can finally heal and cleanse itself. Glad you presented that version of the text.
Obviously you aren't a Christian. Seems ironic that someone who doesn't believe in God is thanking Him.

The scripture you presented had nothing to do with a rapture. Once again, since you conveniently left this out, I will quote myself where I stated what these scriptures are referring to.

Quote:
Anyone who knows the Bible knows that the word "rapture" is not in there. Rapture is a word used to describe the Saints being "caught up" in the air to meet Jesus.

Rapture = (Wikipedia)
In Christian eschatology, the Rapture is the name given to the future event in which it is believed that Jesus Christ will descend from Heaven, accompanied by the spirits of all the saints of God, both from the pre-incarnation period and after, who have passed on prior to the rapture, and then the bodies of the saints are joined with their spirits in a resurrection - the First Resurrection - to meet the Lord. Immediately after this, all true Christians alive on the earth are simultaneously transported to meet the Lord and those who have preceded them in the air as well, all, having been transformed into immortal bodies like Jesus' body, often referred to as the "resurrection body".

The actual word rapture means =
Latin rapere, to take away or snatch out.

And the scriptures you quoted have absolutely nothing to do with any rapture of any kind. These verses are referring to Abraham's descendants and that they were promised the land of Canaan. I don't know exactly what you are trying to prove here.

The earth will not be healing and cleansing itself. The earth will be destroyed, and all things in it. God created it, and His word is quite clear that it will be destroyed in the end to make way for the new heaven and the new earth.

You should be repenting and begging God to take you in the rapture. Thanking Him for taking His Saints out of a world that you will be left in to suffer unimaginable torture is smiting yourself. I hate to even imagine what kind of world this will be during the tribulation when all of the Christians are gone.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Obviously you aren't a Christian. Seems ironic that someone who doesn't believe in God is thanking Him.

The scripture you presented had nothing to do with a rapture. Once again, since you conveniently left this out, I will quote myself where I stated what these scriptures are referring to.

The earth will not be healing and cleansing itself. The earth will be destroyed, and all things in it. God created it, and His word is quite clear that it will be destroyed in the end to make way for the new heaven and the new earth.

You should be repenting and begging God to take you in the rapture. Thanking Him for taking His Saints out of a world that you will be left in to suffer unimaginable torture is smiting yourself. I hate to even imagine what kind of world this will be during the tribulation when all of the Christians are gone.
One of my favourite quotes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma Gandhi
I like your Christ. I just don't like your Christians
If the rapture has people like Pat Robertson, Robert Tyndale, Jimmy Swaggart, Oral Roberts, Billy Graham, Joel Osteen, James Dobsson, Kenneth Copland, Joyce Meyer, Benni Hin, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Ted Haggard, etc, I don't want to be there.

You should take a read from Alexander Hislop's book, "The Two Babylons" to find out what will trip the Great Tribulation off.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
One of my favourite quotes:If the rapture has people like Pat Robertson, Robert Tyndale, Jimmy Swaggart, Oral Roberts, Billy Graham, Joel Osteen, James Dobsson, Kenneth Copland, Joyce Meyer, Benni Hin, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Ted Haggard, etc, I don't want to be there.

You should take a read from Alexander Hislop's book, "The Two Babylons" to find out what will trip the Great Tribulation off.
No thanks, I'll stick with the Word of God....the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity