U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:23 PM

537 posts, read 1,188,590 times

Advertisements

After reading another thread on here about abortion I thought I would start a new one as to not get off topic on the other.
As a Believer in Jesus, who is against murder, I believe it is my duty to stand up for the innocent and help show brethren how they may be erring in their choices.

It took aborted babies to make vaccines
abortion industry contributes to vaccine manufacturing (http://poisonevercure.150m.com/abortion_industry_contributes.htm - broken link)

Abortive contraceptions, including "the pill"
Notice, it is called birth CONTROL, who is to be in control you or God?

Why Can't We Love Them Both? On Line Book by Dr. and Mrs. Willke.?

Quiverfull Pill Fact Sheet - Contraceptive Pills Abortifacient

The Case Against Birth Control

Treating the Pill as Abortion, Draft Regulation Stirs Debate - WSJ.com

Please do not respond if you are not a follower of Christ. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 02:42 PM

756 posts, read 2,360,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post

Abortive contraceptions, including "the pill"
Notice, it is called birth CONTROL, who is to be in control you or God?

do your homework......'the pill' does not provide an abortion....

"abortive contraceptions" would be the IUD and other mechanisms which prevent a baby from finding a cozy homw in the uterine wall......

as I stated in the previous thread;

no baby=no abortion

Old 08-14-2008, 02:44 PM

3,540 posts, read 6,152,361 times
I'm in between working, and following the forum, and did not read the links

Let me say first that I'm strongly pro-life, and believe abortion is murder.

However, I struggle with finding the balance between finding compassion and empathy for the women who feel a need to resort to this traumatic procedure, and my desire to defend the lives of the innocents

I know women who have had it done, and my heart goes out to them.

They should know, the Church loves them.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:46 PM

756 posts, read 2,360,599 times
Quote:

Treating the Pill as Abortion, Draft Regulation Stirs Debate - WSJ.com

this article speaks of a fertalized egg being prevented from inplanting in uterine wall.

oral contreception is designed to not let your body release an egg....

Old 08-14-2008, 02:55 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,059,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
It is a hard thing. My siste rhad one at age 15, she found out she was pregnant after my parents caught her sneaking into the house she had been having sex with a 35 year old. My parents had always been pro-Life, and knew I was. They changed their mind when this happened , and arranged for the abortion. I was not told, and when I found out a few months later, it permanently damaged the family relationship. I felt I couldn't trust my parents, because they had always been Pro-Life, right up until their daughter got pregnant. Over the years things were put back together, and I'm very very close to my sister now.
I've recently begun to rethink my whole approach to this. If my goal is to stop abortions perhaps I shouldn't be focusing on the law. At the end of the Bush administration Pro Lifers will have held the Presidency for 20 of the last 28 years, with no restrictions on abortion. Instead the rise of abstinence only education has increased teen pregnancy, and one must assume correspondently abortions. It seem obvious that Abortion will never become illegal, or left up to the states as it should be. Perhaps I should support candidates who will implement policies that lead to fewer unwanted pregnancies, regardless of the candidates view on abortion.

I'm starting to wonder if a candidates beliefs, and rhetoric is unimportant, and the end result all that matters.

I really mean that. I'm wondering, I'm not sure.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth2003 View Post
It is a hard thing. My siste rhad one at age 15, she found out she was pregnant after my parents caught her sneaking into the house she had been having sex with a 35 year old. My parents had always been pro-Life, and knew I was. They changed their mind when this happened , and arranged for the abortion. I was not told, and when I found out a few months later, it permanently damaged the family relationship. I felt I couldn't trust my parents, because they had always been Pro-Life, right up until their daughter got pregnant. Over the years things were put back together, and I'm very very close to my sister now.
I've recently begun to rethink my whole approach to this. If my goal is to stop abortions perhaps I shouldn't be focusing on the law. At the end of the Bush administration Pro Lifers will have held the Presidency for 20 of the last 28 years, with no restrictions on abortion. Instead the rise of abstinence only education has increased teen pregnancy, and one must assume correspondently abortions. It seem obvious that Abortion will never become illegal, or left up to the states as it should be. Perhaps I should support candidates who will implement policies that lead to fewer unwanted pregnancies, regardless of the candidates view on abortion.

I'm starting to wonder if a candidates beliefs, and rhetoric is unimportant, and the end result all that matters.

I really mean that. I'm wondering, I'm not sure.
Thanks for sharing that.

I too, struggle with the politics of this issue.
With all due respect to the women out their who struggle with this though,
(Warning..about to be graphic)

I have nightmares about mountains of bodies of dead babies. And suspect one day mankind will look back at it as genocide

Old 08-14-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
this article speaks of a fertalized egg being prevented from inplanting in uterine wall.

I have done my homework, that is why I am against it and know it causes abortions. I have spoke with several women who were on the pill and they know they aborted their babies, they are now against using it.

Read all the links and you will see that the pill does not prevent your body from releasing an egg. It prevents an egg from implanting, and many times the egg does implant but life cannot be sustained because of the effects of the pill.

I provided the information, people can take it or leave it. The Lord convicted me against using any means of contraceptive because He is the giver and taker of life. He is to be in control of all things in our lives, we are'nt to pick and choose.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I'm in between working, and following the forum, and did not read the links

Let me say first that I'm strongly pro-life, and believe abortion is murder.

However, I struggle with finding the balance between finding compassion and empathy for the women who feel a need to resort to this traumatic procedure, and my desire to defend the lives of the innocents

Oakback, I don't think you understood the post. It is more about Christians who mostly unknowingly contribute to abortions, not those who purposefully went out and chose to have one.

My heart goes out to them as well. There is forgivness in Jesus.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Oakback, I don't think you understood the post. It is more about Christians who mostly unknowingly contribute to abortions, not those who purposefully went out and chose to have one.

My heart goes out to them as well. There is forgivness in Jesus.
To quote Rosanna Anna Danna;

Never mind

Old 08-14-2008, 03:36 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,718,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post

But not all fertilized eggs become implanted in the uterine wall. I've read up to 75% don't implant, some estimates of up to 80%. So is there a funeral every time this happens? Does the woman even know when an egg was fertilized but didn't implant? If that's your definition, then "babies" are dying left and right in women every day.

My personal thought is that a fertilized egg is not a baby. If a woman has sex wanting to get pregnant, the egg is fertilized and doesn't implant, then wouldn't she be considered responsible for the death of a human? Of course this could probably never be proved outside a laboratory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or