Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:46 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,502,189 times

Advertisements

I don't know what happened to the prayer request thread, so I thought I'd start a new one.

I have two requests...

1 - My sister has had what she thought was a lingering cold for about the last month. She loves to sing and has an amazing voice. She is the choir director at her church. The cold started right before the school year began. She is a high-school teacher, so she needs to speak all day long (usually very loudly to be heard over the class). Anyways, she finally went to the doctor yesterday and he told her that she has nodes (sp?) on her vocal chords. She is not allowed to sing and has to be very careful when teaching to not over exert herself. He told her that if she doesn't take it easy for awhile, her singing voice could be gone forever. This would be absolutely devestating for her. She has sang in church since she was 2 years old and still loves using this talent for the Lord. Please keep her in your prayers.

2 - I have been experiencing wrist pain for a few years, but it has gotten worse recently. I have been dropping things and have not been able to do some pretty routine tasks (cutting meat) like I would normally do. I went to the doctor and they tested me for carpal tunnel, but said I do not have it. The are having me wear wrist braces and take anti-inflammatories. I have been wearing the braces off-and-on for the past few years and they have yet to solve the problem. Since the doctors are not going to do anything else about it, please pray that the pain would subside and I can do my job (accounting) with no problems.

Thank you all! I feel like you are a part of my church family! I appreciate each and every one of you.

btw: I would hate to not be able to type on here due to the pain in my wrists, so PRAY HARD!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 11:54 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,510 times
dojilynn,

You will find the prayer request thread in the main forum, Religion and Philosophy.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...worldview.html

I have said a prayer and will continue to lift you up.

Weather...

Old 09-18-2007, 12:12 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,010,360 times
I will definitely be praying for you both!

Old 09-18-2007, 12:12 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,273,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
dojilynn,

You will find the prayer request thread in the main forum, Religion and Philosophy.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...worldview.html

I have said a prayer and will continue to lift you up.

Weather...
Ditto for me.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:40 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,607,236 times
You both are in my prayers as well.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:40 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,965 times
This is an old thread but one I thought should stick around in the Christian forum.

I am having a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow and I admit I am a bit nervous. Please pray that it will heal well and that I will not have to take any medication, as I have a nursling. Thank you

List your prayer requests and I will be happy to take them to the Lord

Old 08-15-2008, 07:28 AM

7,997 posts, read 12,277,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post

I would hate to not be able to type on here due to the pain in my wrists, so PRAY HARD!!!

Huh? Not be able to post here?

--That's nearly enough to make even the likes of June send out some sort of "atheist prayer!"

Take gentle care!

Old 08-15-2008, 01:58 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,238 times
Smile Will do!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
I don't know what happened to the prayer request thread, so I thought I'd start a new one.

I have two requests...

1 - My sister has had what she thought was a lingering cold for about the last month. She loves to sing and has an amazing voice. She is the choir director at her church. The cold started right before the school year began. She is a high-school teacher, so she needs to speak all day long (usually very loudly to be heard over the class). Anyways, she finally went to the doctor yesterday and he told her that she has nodes (sp?) on her vocal chords. She is not allowed to sing and has to be very careful when teaching to not over exert herself. He told her that if she doesn't take it easy for awhile, her singing voice could be gone forever. This would be absolutely devestating for her. She has sang in church since she was 2 years old and still loves using this talent for the Lord. Please keep her in your prayers.

2 - I have been experiencing wrist pain for a few years, but it has gotten worse recently. I have been dropping things and have not been able to do some pretty routine tasks (cutting meat) like I would normally do. I went to the doctor and they tested me for carpal tunnel, but said I do not have it. The are having me wear wrist braces and take anti-inflammatories. I have been wearing the braces off-and-on for the past few years and they have yet to solve the problem. Since the doctors are not going to do anything else about it, please pray that the pain would subside and I can do my job (accounting) with no problems.

Thank you all! I feel like you are a part of my church family! I appreciate each and every one of you.

btw: I would hate to not be able to type on here due to the pain in my wrists, so PRAY HARD!!!

Will do!!!
please keep me in your prayers also;
I went out on a limb to help someone, and now I'm again left holding it all
except the ball;
Made some bad decisions; need more wisdom
God Bless You
Yours in Christ Jesus Our Lord and Savior

Old 08-15-2008, 04:37 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,862,513 times
dojilynn,
Do you have arthritis in your wrists? It hit me about 12 years ago. I take glucosamine/chondroitin triple strength twice a day. It keeps the swelling and pain away. I don't think the strength will ever be back.

God bless.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:00 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,653,102 times
I think the other thread had 150 pages so it was time to start a new one. Pray for wisdom for us all to follow God and trust what he allows to come into our lives. I'm so thankful God hears us...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity