Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:25 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,518,212 times

Advertisements

2 Timothy 1.14 That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.

Titus 3.5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 2.4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?

Hebrews 3.7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: " Today, if you hear His voice,

Hebrews 6.4-5 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,If they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Hebrews 9.8 the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing.

Hebrews 10.15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

1 Peter 1.12 To them it was revealed that,not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven--things which angels desire to look into.

2 Peter 1.21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

1 John 5.7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Jude 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

Okay...that is all of the scriptures that are listed in my concordance with the words : Holy Spirit in them.

Now let us go on and list the ones with the word Spirit, or Spirit of God ( or anything similar ). Then we will discuss them.

Thank you to all that are participating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 09:25 PM

Matthew 3.16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him,And He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

Matthew 4.1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Matthew 10.20 " for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

Matthew 12.18 " Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My beloved in whom I am well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, And He will declare justice to the Gentiles.

Matthew 12.28 " But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Matthew 22.43 He said to them, "How then does David in the Spirit call Him 'Lord',

Old 09-01-2008, 11:26 AM

Looks like I am going this alone. Oh well... I'll carry on.

Mark 1.10 And immediately,coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending like a dove.

Mark 1.12 Immediately the Spirit drove Him into the wilderness.

Luke 2.27 So He came by the Spirit into the temple.

Luke 4.1 Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

Luke 4.14 Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and news of Him went out through all of the surrounding region.

Luke 10.21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, " I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.

Luke 11.13 ( this one is in the Luke post)

John 1.32 And John bore witness, saying , " I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him.

John 1.33 " I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit'.

John 3.5 Jesus answered, " Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of the water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

John 3.6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3.8 " The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where is goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

John 3.34 " For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.

John 4.24 " God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

John 6.63 " It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit and they are life.

John 7.39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive;for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

John 14.17 " the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him or knows Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

John 15.26 " But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

John 16.13 " However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:55 PM

Acts 2.4 ( already posted)

Acts 2.17 ' And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;

Acts 2.18.....I will pour out My Spirit in those days;

Acts 5.9 Then Peter said to her, "How is it than you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord?

Acts 6.10 And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke.

Acts 8.39 Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Phillip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing.

Acts 10.19 While Peter thought about the vision, the Spirit said to him," Behold, three men are seeking you.

Acts 11.12 " Then the Spirit told me to go with them, doubting nothing.

Acts 11.28 Then one of them, named Agabus, stood up and showed by the Spirit that there was going to be a great famine throughout all the world,

Acts 16.7 After they had come to Mysia, they tried to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit did not permit them.

Acts 18.5 When Silas and Timothy had come from Macedonia, Paul was compelled by the Spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus is the Christ.

Acts 19.21 When these thing were accomplished, Paul purposed in the Spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jeruslalem, saying," After I have been there, I must also see Rome."

Acts 21.4 And finding disciples, we stayed there seven days. They told Paul through the Spirit not to go up to Jerusalem.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:55 PM

Romans 1.4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

Romans 2.29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart,in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

Romans 7.6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 8
1. There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4. that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8
9. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of God he is not His.
10. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteouness.
11. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
12. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors-- not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.
13. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you will put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God.
15.For you did not recieve the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you recieved the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, : Abba, Father."
16. The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17. and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

Romans 8.23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.

Romans 8.26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Romans 8.27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Romans 15
17 Therefore I have reason to glory in Christ Jesus in the things which pertain to God.
18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not accomplished through me, in word and deed, to make the Gentiles obedient--
19 in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, ......

Romans 15.30 Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 PM

1 Cor. 2.4 And my speach and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom,but in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power,5. that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

1 Cor.
9-But as it is written:
" Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit.For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have recieved, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not recieve the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spititually discerned.

1 Cor. 3.16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

1 Cor.6.11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of God.

1 Cor. 6.19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

1 Cor. 7.40 --and I think I also have the Spirit of God.

1 Cor.12
3 Therefore I make known to you that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no man can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
4 There are dversities of gifts, but of the same Spirit.
5 There are differances of ministries, but of the same Spirit.
6 There are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another differant kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body---whether Jews or Greeks, whether slave or free--and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 PM

2 Cor. 1.21-22 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a quarantee.

2 Cor. 3.3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink, but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.

2 Cor.3
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face od Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

2 Cor 3.17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

2 Cor. 3.18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

2 Cor.5.5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:46 PM

Gal. 3.2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you recieve the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal. 3.3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

Gal. 3.5 therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?--

Gal 3.14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal 4.6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, " Abba Father! "

Gal. 4.29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.

Gal. 5.5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Gal. 5.16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Gal. 5.17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

Gal. 5.18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Gal 5.22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness, self-control.

Gal. 5. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us walk in the Spirit.

Gal. 6.8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption,but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:50 PM

Eph. 1.13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased posession, to the praise of His glory.

Eph. 2.18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

Eph. 2.22 in whom you also are being built up together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Eph. 3.5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:

Eph 3.16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,

Eph 4. 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Eph.4.4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;

Eph.4.30 And do not greive the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Eph. 5.9 ( for thr fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),

Eph. 5.18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

Eph.6.17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints----

Old 09-18-2008, 01:22 PM

Philippians 1.19 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2.1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy,

Philippians 3.3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,

Col. 1.8 who also declared to us your love in the Spirit.

1 Thess.1.5 For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power; and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake.
1 Thess. 1.6 And you became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit,

1 Thess. 4.8 Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has given us His Holy Spirit.

1 Thess 5.19 Do not quench the Spirit.

2 Thess. 2.13 But we are bound to give thinks to God always for you,brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity