U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 04:18 PM

31,312 posts, read 50,639,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
The mother breathes for the child.
Too bad the Bible does not say such. But otherwise a nice argument from a strictly man-based doctrine.

Quote:
Using your logic: When a person stops breathing, we should just let them die and not perform CPR? After all, they must be dead or they are not considered life at all once they stop breathing on their own.
If they can not be revived after 3 days, yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 11:35 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,396,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
The world sees christians as nasty and judgemental. Whereas the true Biblical-based doctrines focus on Faith, Hope and Love.

I think that you do address the 'true problem', though only accidentally.

If christians focused themselves on worshipping God, Studying His Word, and sharing His love; wouldn't this world be a much nicer place?

Or perhaps bombing doctor offices is a better thing?
Bombing a doctor office is stupid. 2 wrongs are still 2 wrongs. There are other ways to oppose obortion actively than destroying one's property.
I find it stupid that a minor girl can be violated by "well meaning" pro death providers without parental consent, but she can't be provided a asprin for a headache at school.
You are correct, prayer of the righteous is much more powerful than any clinic bombing.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:48 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,396,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
And, you are going to instill your values and morals into immoral people, how? It's all well and good to want others to have good morals, but you can't force them to do what you want. Good heavens, the Puritans couldn't get it done, how do we think we can? And, morals have nothing to do with medical problems. Do you honestly think it's our place to force others to have a baby that has massive medical issues? Is it our place to force others to have a baby even if their own life is in danger, (and yes, it does happen, contrary to the many fundamentalists' arguments). Is it our place to force a twelve-year old to carry a baby to term, that was a product of rape or incest?

And, yes, those nasty, judgemental Christians are part of the problem. If they treated women and girls with compassion, (I didn't say with condonement), regardless of how the baby came about, and really helped them, instead of wagging their fingers, and their Bibles, at them, perhaps more of them would actually make a different decision, other than abortion. It amazes me how judgemental "loving", and "Christlike" people can be, without regard to the fact that, "there but for the grace of God, go I". How easy it is to wisely shake our heads, and say, "Thank God, I am not as others are". Seems to me that Jesus had a lot to say about those kinds of attitudes, when he talked about the Pharisees.
The simple fact is two wrongs are still two wrongs. Rape is wrong, killing of the defenseless is wrong. Nobody wins but those who have a financial stake in providing abortions.
It amazes me (well, not really) that those who quote God's Word about having a problem about Christians being judgemental are quick to be judgemental about Christians.
How much fines or jail time do you think I would recieve if I did partial birth abortions on animals like a horse or any animal? You think PETA would be OK with that?

Old 08-26-2008, 11:53 PM

57,199 posts, read 76,183,355 times
yes i do. it was never intended to be birth control. out of wedlock birth is no longer a stigma. no reason to keep doing this and at taxpayer expense.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 AM

756 posts, read 2,361,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

If they can not be revived after 3 days, yes.
?????

let them die if they cannot be revived after 3 days???

really????

or am I mis-reading your response.......

Old 08-27-2008, 01:28 PM

322 posts, read 664,746 times
For a lot of people, abortion is simply a way of commiting murder, without haveing to face imediate punishment. They have a cold disregard for other human beings and that hatred is manifested in murder. Many of them would not kill a born human being for fear of going to prison or the death penalty. But abortion gives them an opportunity to murder without going to prison. Hitler had the same morbid and evil mentality. He thought he could murder without punishment. The secular people believe they can murder little unborn children and get away with it. But like Adolf Hitler, they will learn differently.

If ever in this world there were a cold, cruel, and heartless coward, it is someone who would support abortion. They single out the weakess of all human beings and murder them. The congress of the USA should repent in sackcloth for not passing a law against abortion. Those in congress who have supported abortion are murderers and I hope they read this! They are cowards and whims and some skirt leds them about by the nose!

I'm not called to be anyones judge, but I still hate the act of murder. I don't hate human beings, but evil. Repent and confess your sins and turn to JESUS with all your heart. Though your sins be many, he can forgive you and make you born again and raise you up to eternal life. If the lost will do this, GOD will remember thier sins no more. Praise GOD

Old 08-27-2008, 02:10 PM

133 posts, read 262,660 times
Quote:
I don't support the choice of abortion when the woman made an irresponsible choice to have unprotected sex and get pregnant with a child that she was apparently not ready for and had no desire to have. I would support adoption in that case. "If you can't do the time, dont do the grind." Martin Lawrence.
So what if a condom broke, or she was taking the nessisary precautions and still got pregnant?

Old 08-27-2008, 02:25 PM

2,790 posts, read 5,772,336 times
I believe that responsible Christians are neither judgemental nor nasty. I believe that responsible Christians are loving and compassionate. I believe that responsible Christians work to educate women of all ages of all their options before there is a problem; the responsibilities and the consequences of certain behaviors; so that should a woman find herself having to make a difficult decision, it will be an informed decision. I believe that responsible Christians don't let any woman face that decision alone and without support.

I believe that responsible Christians hold men to the same expectation of responsibility.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
For a lot of people, abortion is simply a way of commiting murder, ...
Fortunately we have God's Word to look to, so we can know the truth.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanesG View Post
So what if a condom broke, or she was taking the nessisary precautions and still got pregnant?
Then you would be fulfilling the commandment to Re-Populate the earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or