U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:13 PM

31,425 posts, read 50,892,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Abortion is always KILLING. But when it's a clear choice between either the life of the mother or of the unborn child, I think the mother should be allowed to make that choice. Otherwise, stop the KILLING!
Except of course when you bring God into it.

Abortion is not killing if there is no soul-life like God says.

Just gotta try to squeeze Christianity into the debate you know.

May God bless you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,323,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
No I dont support abortion even if it is rape or murder. There are many couple out there to adopt a baby. why should the child be on death row for the fathers sin. even God does not punish us for our parents sin.
I am truly interested in an answer from someone who is against abortion in all circumstances. What follows is the dilema faced by pregnant women in WW2 concentration camps. They aborted their own babies, knowing what would happen to the baby if it were born - gassed, staved, subject to medical experiments or otherwise killed. Was this wrong?

Today, is it wrong for a North Korean woman in a slave labor camp to abort knowing the child will be murdered?

Old 12-14-2009, 04:01 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,917,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm a christian who is also a libertarian.

My view on abortion:

I don't support the choice of abortion when the woman made an irresponsible choice to have unprotected sex and get pregnant with a child that she was apparently not ready for and had no desire to have. I would support adoption in that case. "If you can't do the time, dont do the grind." Martin Lawrence.

But in cases of rape or incest the woman did not have the choice to get pregnant. In those cases ONLY i think the woman should have the right to make a responsible choice to have an abortion or not. I would still favor adoption in those cases but in cases of rape or incest i think the woman should make the choice because a choice was already made for her.
A Christian's answer should always be biblical and not a matter of personal opinion. nuff said

Old 12-14-2009, 04:43 PM

41,553 posts, read 27,920,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
A Christian's answer should always be biblical and not a matter of personal opinion. nuff said
No Fundy . . . that would be a Biblean's answer. A Christian would ask very seriously in each specific situation and circumstance "What Would Jesus Do?"

Old 12-14-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I agree !

We Christians should ALWAYS answer with the full knowledge of God's Word.

We should ignore the man-made heresies and doctrines of devils and be prepared to defend God's Word, against the wiles of the adversary.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:50 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,073,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Except of course when you bring God into it. Abortion is not killing if there is no soul-life like God says.

Just gotta try to squeeze Christianity into the debate you know.

May God bless you
Living cells that are multiplying have life whether or not a soul is attached to them. To destroy that life is KILLING!

My guess is that you are attempting to display some kind of 'superior' knowledge of what God 'really' says and means, gleaned from your own or some mentor's interpretation of some verses of scripture. But no, it's not clear in the bible that God says it's ok to kill unborn children.

But it is clear that He forbids KILLING.

"Thou shalt not kill." Exodus 20: 13

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/ex/20/13#13

Old 12-14-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
....Today,is it wrong for a North Korean woman in a slave labor camp to abort knowing the child will be murdered?
If the child's death is certain, either at the hand of his/her mother or at the hand of government employees, whose hands is it preferable that the blood be upon from a Christian's point of view?

Old 12-14-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
It would be wonderful if it was that simple. But 38,000 or so different Christian denominations attest that the interpretation of verses written in the books of the bible is personal opinion.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I agree !

We Christians should ALWAYS answer with the full knowledge of God's Word.

We should ignore the man-made heresies and doctrines of devils and be prepared to defend God's Word, against the wiles of the adversary.
And I suppose in your mind YOU and those who accept the same package of bible interpretations that you do are the only Christians qualified and authorized to judge which interpretations and understandings of scripture are "heresies" and "doctrines of devils" and which ones constitute "the full knowledge of God's Word?"

Old 12-14-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
But it is clear that He forbids KILLING.

"Thou shalt not kill." Exodus 20: 13

I agree.

May God bless you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or