U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 06:25 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,394,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Living cells that are multiplying have life whether or not a soul is attached to them. To destroy that life is KILLING!

My guess is that you are attempting to display some kind of 'superior' knowledge of what God 'really' says and means, gleaned from your own or some mentor's interpretation of some verses of scripture. But no, it's not clear in the bible that God says it's ok to kill unborn children.

But it is clear that He forbids KILLING.

"Thou shalt not kill." Exodus 20: 13

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/ex/20/13#13
Actually, this may sound technical, there is a difference between "kill" and "murder"
It is more correct to say that God commanded not to murder, not kill.

Cain murdered Able
David killed Goliath
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,064,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Actually, this may sound technical, there is a difference between "kill" and "murder"
It is more correct to say that God commanded not to murder, not kill.

Cain murdered Able
David killed Goliath
I agree that there is a difference between "kill" and "murder". "Murder" is a legal definition. In the USA a murderer is usually someone who has been judged as such by a jury of his/her peers. If the jury finds the accused innocent, no "murder" has taken place, though a killing may have.

"Killing" is the extinguishing of life. In the King James version of the Bible, God commanded His children not to KILL.

"Thou shalt not kill." Exodus 20: 13

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/ex/20/13#13

As I see it, abortion is always KILLING!

Old 12-14-2009, 11:21 PM

1,837 posts, read 3,706,433 times
If you are an atheist why would a Christian forum appeal to you?

And my answer to the question posted by the OP is: I think abortion is wrong no matter what the circumstance. God is able to restore what is broken and heal what is sick. He is also able to use a human being that is judged as "unfit" or not healthy by the world in a beautiful wonderful way. I have witness the above.

I actually knew someone who was told that she was carrying a retarded baby and she was advised to get an abortion. I can't remember the name of the defect but it was very rare. All her tests came back negative and there were many tests through the course of her pregnancy. Even though everything looked dark, this woman Trusted God and carried the baby to full term. She had many people praying for her and was on numerous prayer teams. God is good and the baby was delivered in perfect health. God is a God of miracles. Sometimes He will not heal a situation like this but then there is another plan if a child is born. There is a reason for that birth or creation. God created all mankind in His mind before creation. Who are we to terminate life? That makes us God and that is sin.

I say no to abortion. Yes.. to Trusting God. Always, no exceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
I'm an Atheist but this is how I see Abortion. In my mind these are the only 2 reasons they should be performed.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:42 PM

6,060 posts, read 4,951,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
If you are an atheist why would a Christian forum appeal to you?

Just because a person isn't a "christian" doesn't mean they can't read or participate on christian forums. Why do christians go on atheism forums?
Just saying.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:27 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,104,085 times
I do not support abortion anytime.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:36 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,923,191 times
As I've said before, I'm not pro-life, I'm anti-abortion. I think the ONLY time I may hesitate and pray hard about an abortion is if I was told both I and the baby are going to die if I don't abort.

I would hope I would have the faith to leave it in God's hands, but if I did decide to abort, I would mourn the rest of my days, ask for forgiveness, and hope to see that baby again someday. There is more to it than just that baby at stake. What about my other children? Should I leave them without a mother?

Of course, I can't have anymore children so I will never have to make such a decision, thank the Lord. But there are women out there who will. May God bless them and comfort them in their decision.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:29 PM

I understand what you are saying but actually I don't go on Atheist forums. But thanks for answering. I didn't know that answer so I just thought I would ask thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Just because a person isn't a "christian" doesn't mean they can't read or participate on christian forums. Why do christians go on atheism forums?
Just saying.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:33 PM

good post...and may there be plenty of other options available to the woman who finds herself in a situation where she is pregnant and not able to have a baby. I am always in awe and respect highly those who adopt children.. It is a wonderful person who unselfishly loves those who need parents.. and it is amazing when someone helps a pregnant woman when there are seemingly no options other than abortion. God will always provide a way if we ask Him.. Thanks for your wonderful comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
As I've said before, I'm not pro-life, I'm anti-abortion. I think the ONLY time I may hesitate and pray hard about an abortion is if I was told both I and the baby are going to die if I don't abort.

I would hope I would have the faith to leave it in God's hands, but if I did decide to abort, I would mourn the rest of my days, ask for forgiveness, and hope to see that baby again someday. There is more to it than just that baby at stake. What about my other children? Should I leave them without a mother?

Of course, I can't have anymore children so I will never have to make such a decision, thank the Lord. But there are women out there who will. May God bless them and comfort them in their decision.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:06 AM

1 posts, read 658 times
This is a very touchy subject if abortion should be leagal for rape and incest. Abortion use to be illegal before it was legalized during the the Roe vs Wade case. Abortion was only leagal during cases during rape, or the pregnancy was endangering the womans life. I am pro-life I believe that if god intended for you to have the child without miscarges or what not the child should be born. Since the world does not see it this way I would only allow it during those circumstances only it's a touchy subject I believe that every life should have a say whether it should live or die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or