U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2008, 04:32 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,862,043 times

Advertisements

I think you are all wrong
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 11:06 AM

7,757 posts, read 13,271,827 times
Twin Spin makes the point for me, but I believe that we are born with the spirit of anti-Christ. All have been born into sin and the carnal realm; the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. (Rom 8:7)

But we have evidence that even after we have accepted Him, we still have carnality to deal with (be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind) which is the process the Holy Spirit has us in now - non of us is pure (defined as without mixture).

Old 09-11-2008, 06:59 PM

537 posts, read 1,262,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Then why not share what you think?

Old 09-11-2008, 07:03 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,980,902 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

Would you care to elaborate, please?
Thanks
God Bless You

Old 09-12-2008, 01:51 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,862,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Twin Spin makes the point for me, but I believe that we are born with the spirit of anti-Christ. All have been born into sin and the carnal realm; the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. (Rom 8:7)

But we have evidence that even after we have accepted Him, we still have carnality to deal with (be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind) which is the process the Holy Spirit has us in now - non of us is pure (defined as without mixture).
I didn't post my disagreement on 9-11 in the spirit of unity for the fallen innocents on a day of remembrance. But since it is over now, here you go.

I agree with little elmer here, except for his first line. Twin Spin makes it seem like it is the Catholic Church who he is talking about, and although there may be a spirit of anti-Christ present in the church, to see the revealed sinner, or the falling away, all most need to do is look in the mirror.

Quote:
2 Thessalonians 2:4
He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Where will the anti-christ be found?... "in God's temple"

Historically taught, the anti christ is found within the church. He isn't against God, he takes the place of Gods mediator in the temple... "he sets himself up in God's temple".

1. Since God's temple is not a physical but spiritual, then the anti-christ would have to be in the same context, "he" is not a physical person we are dealing with. There is only one human that is the mediator for God, Jesus.

2. To set yourself up as God in Gods temple would mean that "he" is proclaiming to have some of Gods representitive attributes,.. holy, without error.

3 Jesus said "no one comes to the Father except by me" and yet the anti-christ is found in the temple of God. The anti-christ wants the role of mediator in Gods temple. Why else be found in Gods temple?

4. What are some of the characteristics of a person who sets himself up as Gods mediator?
God's Temple is indeed spiritual, and physical. Scattered throughout the Bible we see that God's Temple foundation Stone is Christ Jesus. But at the same time, believers, it is US who are actually the temple of God. Still physical as in the body, but yet, being built up spiritually day by day. There are so many scriptures to back this up, I think I shall let you all do the research. But many ask the questions on why we don't SEE the manifestations of the Spirit in things like miracles these days. Well, read this, and then maybe we can take a peak at what it is that Paul is saying.

Eph 2:19
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner {stone,} in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Can the Spirit of God dwell in impurity? It says the Temple is BEING BUILT

So then after reading how God's Temple is being built up, what might happen then for the falling away to happen? For a man, or as I believe, mankind, as believers, to then question our faith, our beliefs? For this falling away, so that they even could believe a lie?

Take a look at Peter. This is a man who was being built up, by Jesus Himself. Did Peter question his faith out of fear of prosecution, so that even he denounced Christ? 3 Times? How many of us while proclaiming to be Christians fall away daily in our lives.

Why is this? Because our Temples are NOT completed yet. God has NOT revealed Christ to us, and is not dwelling IN His Temple. Notice that verse again above. It says, "BEING BUILT", not yet completed. So these believers in Thessalonia were eagerly awaiting their revelation of Christ. In order for the revelation of Christ to come from God, first the son of destruction MUST be revealed. The MAN of Lawlessness. Read the definition of that word, lawlessness or in the KJV, iniquity. Here, I shall show you:

1) the condition of without law
a) because ignorant of it
b) because of violating it

So while Christians today do not see the TRUE signs and wonders of God. Instead we see the false power, signs, false wonders or miracles. Are they believing this, or is God sending the delusional influence, so they believe a lie?

It say the Lord will slay the lawless one with the BREATH or Spirit of His coming. If you look at Acts 5, what happens to the lawless couple who lied to the Spirit of God?

So we look for the day of Christ, the King, also eagerly awaiting it. A few will SEE it while yet living, but ALL will see it upon death, when every knee is bent, and every eye will see.

Phl 2

For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for {His} good pleasure.
Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.

I know these verses are talking about the inherit Kingdom of Christ, so believe me, I understand the context. But we are talking about the living, anticipating, watching, for our Lord and King. Always!

1Ti 6:12
Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate, that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which He will bring about at the proper time--He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:57 AM

589 posts, read 1,492,445 times
I believe the "Great Delusion" is the idea of a "Pre-trib" Rapture. Most Christians believe that they will be saved from the Great Tribulation by being taken out of this World right before the appearance of the Antichrist.
It is ironic that this teaching will make it certain that they will go through the horrors of the Great Trib.

Notice this doctrinal error is taught almost exclusively by Christian churches that don't obey God's Law... the 10 Commandments... specifically breaking the 4th by not keeping holy the Sabbath Day and the 7 Feasts of the Lord. Since they love the Lie, God sent them the Great Delusion. (Read 2Thes.2:9-12)

We are told to accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior and to repent. To repent means "to turn away" from sin... which is the transgression of God's Law. Yes, we are saved by the Blood of Jesus Christ but because many Christians don't repent, God will subject them to a trial of fire... to redeem themselves in the Great Tribulation!

In Rev.20:4-6, John saw the great multitude of those beheaded in the Great Trib and they received their crowns to rule with Christ on earth for 1000 years. We Christians are really the "called out ones" who are now being prepared to rule as kings and priests in the Millenium.

There is still time to turn away from sin and to be found worthy to escape all these things (Luke 21:36). We must obey all the 10 Commandments particularly the 4th. Get away from churches that worship on Sundays, celebrating Christmas, Easter, they are all abominations to God. He promised in due time he will give us "the wings of an eagle" to escape the Great Trib, the same words he used in the Great Exodus!

Old 01-06-2009, 01:02 AM

61,281 posts, read 83,380,582 times
pretty much what i am seeing out my window how bout you?

Old 01-06-2009, 03:19 AM

381 posts, read 754,307 times
what doctrinal error are you talking about? Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath ( see mark) and Jesus said the "law" shall be summed up in these 2 commandments. Love the Lord with whole mind,heart,bodyandsoul..and love your neighbor as yourself... the whole law shall be fulfilled in these two.

modern commentators love to suggest the 1st one dealt with commandments 1-5, and the 2nd dealt with 6-10.

In galatians, Paul taught that Jesus nailed the handwriting requirements of the law to a tree.... yet, pastors all over the country continue to teach old testament doctrine,and continue to burden their flocks with calls for tithing a 10th...if you want doctrinal error this is it... whoever the son has set free, he is free indeed. I walk in Liberty as Peter said. I did not a spirit of fear, but of love...and when I give, i give out of love just like the poor widow in Mark 12:41...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity