Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:50 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,171,602 times

Advertisements

You know I have been wanting to move to the States on the way to eventually moving back to the country I was born in, in South America. To the States mainly to get out of the cold in Canada.

But lately I have been thinking that it might really be best for me to stay in Canada, make a living over the Internet, and then head down to South America. Bypassing the US entirely.

Many things in the US are getting just downright ridiculous. A case in point is the now mandatory vaccination of all immigrant girls and young women up to the age of 26 with the HPV Vaccine against cervical cancer. It is a vaccine which supposedly protects against cervical cancer derived from a promiscous lifestyle.

One cannot now receive permanent US residency without this and several other vaccines.

As a Christian I would NEVER allow a daughter to get this vaccine. NEVER! There are complications to this vaccine which makes it risky. Not to mention that abstinence until marriage is God's protection.

How the US can do something like this is beyond me. Utterly ridiculous.

If I was thinking of immigrating to the US and I was a Christian, I would seriously consider moving elsewhere. Not just for this but with everything else going on taken into account to. It's just getting ridiculous.

Carlos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 08:56 PM

411 posts, read 1,165,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post
A case in point is the now mandatory vaccination of all immigrant girls and young women up to the age of 26 with the HPV Vaccine against cervical cancer. It is a vaccine which supposedly protects against cervical cancer derived from a promiscous lifestyle.

One cannot now receive permanent US residency without this and several other vaccines.

As a Christian I would NEVER allow a daughter to get this vaccine. NEVER! There are complications to this vaccine which makes it risky. Not to mention that abstinence until marriage is God's protection.
OMG, are you serious?? What the heck is wrong with the vaccine? Vaccines are good? Don't you think that having cervical cancer is a lot more risky than taking the vanccine??!!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,380,870 times
I'm a Christian and a U.S. citizen. This requires me to do things, occasionally, that are against my religion. Example: I work on Sundays. When Jesus was ask, in Matthew 22:21, whether it was OK for Christians to yield to the secular world's authority, he said, " Render unto Ceasar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's".

Old 09-17-2008, 09:16 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_boi View Post
OMG, are you serious?? What the heck is wrong with the vaccine? Vaccines are good?
I think that's debatable.

Ultimately though I don't think the OP should decide against moving to America based on this alone, but if he or she feels that strongly about it then we certainly aren't in a position to criticize.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:54 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,502 times
There are laws here protecting those that refuse vaccinations, I would assume the exemptions are for immigrants as well.

I have talked to quite a few people recently moving or have moved to South America. If things get any crazier here, I think I will join you.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:05 PM

There are a couple of things wrong with forcing, I emphasize forcing, new immigrants to get the HPV vaccine.

First off it's incredibly hypocritical for the US government to require new immigrants to get the vaccine when they wouldn't dare force US citizens to get the same vaccine. Can you imagine the backlash is EVERY Christian girl or young woman was FORCED to get vaccinated against a sexually transmitted desease that happens when you live a promiscous lifestyle?

Secondly it's incredibly arrogant of the US government to demand immigrants get this vaccine when the countries they come from, 1st world countries, do NOT require such! I mean give me a break! I live in Canada. Canada does not require such a vaccination. If I was Canadian and I wanted to immigrate to the US my daughters, if I had any, would be forced to get it.

What the US is saying is that it's okay for their own daughters and young women to go without the vaccine but it's not okay for immigrants from Canada or New Zealand or Australia or other such countries to go without. Presumably because they are more likely to get it than US girls and women are or worse yet because the US government dare not FORCE US citizens to get it. So they do the next best thing, from their perpective, they FORCE immigrants, who stand to loose much if they say no, to get it.

HYPOCRITICAL to say the least!

Lastly, it is my understanding that this vaccine has caused the death of a number of girls and young women! How would you like to have your daughter die in order to satisfy the US government's requirement that she be vaccinated against a sexually transmitted desease when you have been teaching her the advantage of abstinance? What a waste of a life!

Submission to authority does not mean subjecting our daughters to potential death, forcing them to be vaccinated against a desease that primarily is caught when you disobey God and ignore His best, and giving in to whatever they arrogantly demand. I do not believe the Lord would require every father to side with the US government in this and tell his daughter to obey. As a father we should look to the best interests of our daughters in the sight of God. Not cater to a government influenced by big pharmaceutical companies that stand to make billions by doing whatever they say.

If someone wants to get vaccinated...I say let them. But don't go FORCING others to do so in a hypocritical and arrogant way.

Carlos

Old 09-18-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asthedeer View Post
There are laws here protecting those that refuse vaccinations, I would assume the exemptions are for immigrants as well.
Nope. As far as I know there are no exemptions.

Quote:
I have talked to quite a few people recently moving or have moved to South America. If things get any crazier here, I think I will join you.
I wish I had the money to go straight to South America today. But I don't. It's tough to make a living down there. That's why my career focus is on making a living over the Internet (though I presently do window cleaning). So that...if I succeed...Lord willing...I can move anywhere...regardless of the local economy.

I am a US citizen by the way. So it's no problem if I want to move to the US. But the US is not the country of my youth. It was once a great nation but in my opinion it no longer is. Far from it. It has lost it's moral footing. It has cast itself adrift from God. And it is suffering the consequences. What a shame.

As has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum I am inclined to believe the US has the judgment of God hanging over it's head. Apart from everything else I don't want to be there when it hits. A nation that was a Christian nation but turned it's back on God cannot escape the discipline of God. A discipline designed to break it's arrogance and pride and turn it back to it's Creator. But a discipline nevertheless. Sometimes God's most effective discipline involves letting us as individuals or collectively as a nation go our own way. Into suffering the consequences of our sins. Until we cry out for God's mercy.

Carlos

Old 09-18-2008, 11:19 PM

Here is a link to more information on this issue...

U.S. Government Mandates HPV Vaccine For New US Residents

I am not in any way associated with Natural News. I am just a subscriber.

Carlos

Old 09-18-2008, 11:37 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,502 times
Under section 209, there is a religious and moral conviction waiver/exemption for immigrants, just as there is for those currently living here.

You will always read articles with threats that you must do this or that (mandatory). We cannot be forced to do such. They lie to people, and they know most people just do whatever they say and don't actually check out the laws.
I hope people learn to stay out of the "system", many die because of a lack of knowledge.

If you need anything else DM me.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:59 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,620,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos123 View Post
Nope. As far as I know there are no exemptions.

I wish I had the money to go straight to South America today. But I don't. It's tough to make a living down there. That's why my career focus is on making a living over the Internet (though I presently do window cleaning). So that...if I succeed...Lord willing...I can move anywhere...regardless of the local economy.

I am a US citizen by the way. So it's no problem if I want to move to the US. But the US is not the country of my youth. It was once a great nation but in my opinion it no longer is. Far from it. It has lost it's moral footing. It has cast itself adrift from God. And it is suffering the consequences. What a shame.

As has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum I am inclined to believe the US has the judgment of God hanging over it's head. Apart from everything else I don't want to be there when it hits. A nation that was a Christian nation but turned it's back on God cannot escape the discipline of God. A discipline designed to break it's arrogance and pride and turn it back to it's Creator. But a discipline nevertheless. Sometimes God's most effective discipline involves letting us as individuals or collectively as a nation go our own way. Into suffering the consequences of our sins. Until we cry out for God's mercy.

Carlos
I agree. Especially the bolded parts. People should not be coming to America, they should be running from it. Those who don't get to come into the country because of refusing this vaccination should consider themselves very blessed, because God is watching over them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity