Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 02:33 PM

741 posts, read 444,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
There's really no point for any christian to vote:

Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except by the appointment of Jesus, and the authorities that exist have been instituted by Jesus. 13:2 So the person who resists such authority resists the ordinance of Jesus, and those who resist will incur judgment.

Your government has been appointed and instituted by Jesus, so it makes no difference whether you vote or not, since all elections have already been decided.

Since voting is just a formality to make people feel better, maybe Jehovah's Witnesses wisely choose not to participate in the voting.

So, who will Jesus choose in November?
The one that will continue to bring this nation or any nation under his feet for the Great Day of Jehovah.

"For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet....For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. - 1 Cor 15:25-27

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 06-20-2016 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 02:44 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
If you want to change this world, then stand up for what is good and right.

And stop all the complaining! (BTW - Satan hates Christmas)

Its already been foretold by God, Jesus will be the one who brings change. Jesus will be the winner-Dan 2:44) As a JW we cast our vote for Jesus. Not for Jesus and the ones foretold to be in opposition to him--how could that work?

Satan gets billions to partake off the table of demons at Christmas, why wouldn't he not like it? Its Jesus who has 0 to do with it. The great apostasy invented it and allowed all of the pagan additives into it--it was really satan transforming into an angel of light( 2Cor 11:14-15), using,love,sharing and Jesus to get one to partake off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21)-

Old 06-20-2016, 02:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
I am not dependent on being breast-fed, neither do I need to be ruled-over.
When people do nothing, expecting someone else to care for them.

Then, they do nothing to improve this world, or their own lives.
However, collectively, we can accomplish great and wonderful things.

It's only a matter of time - if fanaticism doesn't destroy us first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Thomas Midgley Jr. was a brilliant chemist. In the late 1920s, air conditioning and refrigeration systems employed compounds such as ammonia (NH3), chloromethane (CH3Cl), propane, and sulfur dioxide (SO2) as refrigerants. Though effective, these were toxic, flammable or explosive and, in the event of leakage, could result in serious illness, injury or even death.

Thomas gets credit for the invention of Freon. It did the same job as the other chemicals but didn't explode nor were the fumes toxic. Freon and other CFCs soon replaced the various toxic or explosive substances previously used as refrigerants, and were later used in other applications, such as propellants in aerosol spray cans and asthma inhalers. The Society of Chemical Industry awarded Thomas with the Perkin Medal in 1937.

Does anyone know what this well-meaning "great and wonderful thing" did to the Earth?
Do you understand what religious fanaticism does to humanity? What about smallpox, which was eradicated worldwide by 1980? Do you know much about people, like Bill and Melinda Gates? Growth does not happen, over night; and humanity has made its fair share of mistakes. However, if you total the number of lives taken by the God of the Bible, Satan pales in comparison.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Its already been foretold by God, Jesus will be the one who brings change. Jesus will be the winner-Dan 2:44) As a JW we cast our vote for Jesus. Not for Jesus and the ones foretold to be in opposition to him--how could that work?

Satan gets billions to partake off the table of demons at Christmas, why wouldn't he not like it? Its Jesus who has 0 to do with it. The great apostasy invented it and allowed all of the pagan additives into it--it was really satan transforming into an angel of light( 2Cor 11:14-15), using, love, sharing and Jesus to get one to partake off the table of demons (1Cor 10:21)
Think I will let him work through me, not by way of your religious fanaticism.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Do you understand what religious fanaticism does to humanity? What about smallpox, which was eradicated worldwide by 1980? Do you know much about people, like Bill and Melinda Gates? Growth does not happen, over night; and humanity has made its fair share of mistakes. However, if you total the number of lives taken by the God of the Bible, Satan pales in comparison.
So you do know that mankind does make huge mistakes. Some have even brought the world to the brink of complete destruction. Overnight? LOL How about thousands of years? Is that not long enough? By your standards for mankind, no one alive today has any hope of anything being solved. Yet the Bible holds hope for everyone. Future, present and past.

Speaking of lives taken.
How many righteous people's lives does Jehovah judge for death? 0
How many righteous and unrighteous lives has Satan taken with his lie in Eden and including the murder of God's Son? All of them.

"At this the serpent said to the woman: “You positively will not die."....Consequently the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was something to be longed for to the eyes, yes, the tree was desirable to look upon. So she began taking of its fruit and eating it. Afterward she gave some also to her husband when with her and he began eating it." - Gen 3:4, 6

"That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned." - Romans 5:12

So total percentage of righteous and unrighteous dead due to Satan's handy work? 100%.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
So you do know that mankind does make huge mistakes. Some have even brought the world to the brink of complete destruction. Overnight? LOL How about thousands of years? Is that not long enough? By your standards for mankind, no one alive today has any hope of anything being solved. Yet the Bible holds hope for everyone. Future, present and past.

Speaking of lives taken.
How many righteous people's lives does Jehovah judge for death? 0
How many righteous and unrighteous lives has Satan taken with his lie in Eden and including the murder of God's Son? All of them.

"At this the serpent said to the woman: “You positively will not die."....Consequently the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was something to be longed for to the eyes, yes, the tree was desirable to look upon. So she began taking of its fruit and eating it. Afterward she gave some also to her husband when with her and he began eating it." - Gen 3:4, 6

"That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned." - Romans 5:12

So total percentage of righteous and unrighteous dead due to Satan's handy work? 100%.
Satan exists in your mind, not mine.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:32 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
That is the first sensible thing I've heard about Jehovah's Witnesses, but if I did not have the elections to fuss over, what would I do?

Old 06-20-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
See how good he is at lying?

Old 06-20-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
That is the first sensible thing I've heard about Jehovah's Witnesses, but if I did not have the elections to fuss over, what would I do?
Well, I would say be at peace with everyone...but as you can see fussing will just follow you in the way of why your not voting.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
See how good he is at lying?
It must be true, you're convinced he exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity