Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 04:15 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times

Advertisements

With all the things that are happening now in the world, some people feel that they have no where to run, and no where to hide;
And the gross darkness has not even begun yet
Deepening financial crisis engulfs the banking industry - Telegraph

Crime News - Courts, Celebrity Docket, and Law News from CNN.com
But here's a promise that God does in fact care about what happens to us Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2
Psalms 91:1-2 (KJV)
1 Happy is he whose resting-place is in the secret of the Lord, and under the shade of the wings of the Most High; 2 Who says of the Lord, He is my safe place and my tower of strength: he is my God, in whom is my hope. 3 He will take you out of the bird-net, and keep you safe from wasting disease. 4 You will be covered by his feathers; under his wings you will be safe: his good faith will be your salvation. 5 You will have no fear of the evil things of the night, or of the arrow in flight by day, 6 Or of the disease which takes men in the dark, or of the destruction which makes waste when the sun is high. 7 You will see a thousand falling by your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it will not come near you. 8 Only with your eyes will you see the reward of the evil-doers. 9 Because you have said, I am in the hands of the Lord, the Most High is my safe resting-place; 10 No evil will come on you, and no disease will come near your tent. 11 For he will give you into the care of his angels to keep you wherever you go. 12 In their hands they will keep you up, so that your foot may not be crushed against a stone. 13 You will put your foot on the lion and the snake; the young lion and the great snake will be crushed under your feet. 14 Because he has given me his love, I will take him out of danger: I will put him in a place of honour, because he has kept my name in his heart. 15 When his cry comes up to me, I will give him an answer: I will be with him in trouble; I will make him free from danger and give him honour. 16 With long life will he be rewarded; and I will let him see my salvation.
Psalms 91:1-16 (BBE)

You can hide under His wings, no matter how much the gas prices go up, the murder rate go up..
Under His wings there is safety from the storms of life
There is Love under His wings, when no one else will love you for yourself
There's secrets that He has to reveal to us under His wings
There's a lot of fringe benefits under His wings
There's promises that will not be broken under His wings
And most of all
There's peace......
What do you think about this Economic Stimulus Package?
Could you think of anything better?
God Bless You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 09:16 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,171,718 times
I think things are going to get a lot worse! A lot worse!

In one respect I am thankful believe it or not because the times that are coming upon us will cause true Christians to stand out as they display faith in God and see Him act. And persons who profess to be Christians and are not will sink under the weight of what is coming on the world and show themselves to be lacking in faith.

We've only experienced the birth pangs. Wait till the real thing!! People who don't know God will cry out for the rocks to hide them.

I say let the hard times come! We need to stop focusing on this life and trying to attain a good life for ourselves. The good life is over folks! Well...at least for many who had their hearts set on it. Whose treasure has been the things of this life.

Carlos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity