Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 04:35 PM

881 posts, read 1,588,924 times

Advertisements

How do these two stack up in Christian values and pro-Christianity??

An eye opener, to say the least!

http://cl.cc.org/files/3/2008_Presidential_voter_guide_.pdf (broken link)

Last edited by Yac; 05-07-2013 at 07:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 04:36 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,174,444 times
I'm asking God to give us what/who we need, regardless of what my (natural) reasoning may say.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:12 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,547,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I'm asking God to give us what/who we need, regardless of what my (natural) reasoning may say.

Me too......

Old 10-20-2008, 06:44 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,146,555 times
Quote:
How do these two stack up in Christian values and pro-Christianity??

I listened to someone today who was a former Republican who decided to go the other way, because he was very upset about the fact that there seems to be a lot of hypocrisy (his words) concerning supporters who are focusing on whether or not a candidate has Christian values. His example was the association of the McCains with beer production and how this relates to Christian values . As an evangelical Christian he felt that this was hypocritical. Someone also mentioned a candidate's past marital affairs and treatment of his first wife and what this may indicate about his values concerning marriage. I am just sharing that being pro-Christian and having Christian values are also reflected in our personal lives. Also, I don't know that how that what a candidate supports for citizens of the country necessarily reflects his or her personal view or moral stance on the issues. For example, someone may believe that homosexuality is wrong, yet may also support the homosexual person's rights as a citizen of the country. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-20-2008 at 06:55 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 06:54 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,585,075 times
Drinking beer is not a sin ....that is a manmade teaching.

Marriage is another story but I would prefer divorces than have soo many children aborted per year.

I also would rather have a President who doesnt lie about his Christian faith, and start teaching heresy.

To say that McCain is playing 'dirty' is flat out wrong.
I guess it was okay when the liberals made fun of Palin and her beliefs.

Some people just dont know any better....that's why I'm always praying for the Democrats to get saved.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:00 PM

Some Christians may believe that drinking alchohol or promoting alchol consumption isn't reflective of Christian values, as this gentleman felt. In addition, to another person, taking seriously the marriage vows/commitment is reflective of Christian values and having affairs isn't. I don't know any candidate that has lied about his Christian faith and has started to preach heresy. Someone may disagree but all Christians would not agree with this statements, both those who may be democrats or republicans. Many democrats are Christians, I believe, and just because someone is a democrat, doesn't mean that he or she is not a Christian Do you believe that all republicans who support a democrat are not a Christians? God bless.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:03 PM

There are a lot of Christians that believe that but it's not in the bible.
God actually commanded to drink...but you shouldnt get drunk.

Jesus even drank wine in front of other sinners.

Obama has taught heresy.
To say a nonbelieving person will go to heaven is heresy
To say there are more than 1 path to heaven besides Jesus is heresy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Some Christians may believe that drinking alchohol or promoting alchol consumption isn't reflective of Christian values, as this gentleman felt. In addition, to another person, taking seriously the marriage vows/commitment is reflective of Christian values. I don't know any candidate that has lied about his Christian faith and has started to preach heresy. Someone may disagree but all Christians would not agree with this statements, both those who may be democrats or republicans. Many democrats are Christians, I believe, and just because someone is a democrat, doesn't mean that he or she is not a Christian God bless.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:

Obama has taught heresy.
To say a nonbelieving person will go to heaven is heresy
To say there are more than 1 path to heaven besides Jesus is heresy.
I don't believe that Obama has said that he is a preacher or minister of the gospel or that he taught this. But he did share his faith and his beliefs and the reasons for his belief. Many Christians on this forum may have similar beliefs. God bless.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:12 PM

Wow I didnt know Christians believe there's more than one way to heaven. That's an oxymoron.

Christians = Christlike.

Jesus said He was the WAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I don't believe that Obama has said that he is a preacher or minister of the gospel or that he taught this. But he did share his faith and his beliefs and the reasons for his belief. Many Christians on this forum may have similar beliefs. God bless.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Christians = Christlike.

Jesus said He was the WAY
I agree. My point is that some seem to like to point fingers and say that someone does not have Christian values and ignore problems or issues that the other candidate might have which could reflect the same thing in someone else's mind. It goes both ways God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-20-2008 at 07:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity