Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:54 PM

3 posts, read 4,110 times

Advertisements

Short Version:

Husband needs a job quick. I've been sick for a while and need healed. Husband has temper problems. Need God to give me strength to endure till the day I die.

Long Version:

My husband is a high quality painter. He worked for a lady for over a year who, upon hiring him, said she was quiting the business and would hand him the reigns. She was lying. She has two employees. She frustrates them both by pushing to do unnacceptable work and cutting corners. She never gave my husband a raise or looked into benefits.

My husband and I have 5 children. We need benefits. My children get free medical but my husband and I cannot see a doctor.

My husband declared bankruptcy. It was finalized a few days ago.

A while ago I went to the hospital for accidental poisoning. We paid Orkin Pest Control to get rid of fleas that had overrun our carpeting. Orkin came back weekly but after a month when the contract expired the fleas were still in my daughter's room. We got rid of our two cats but they were my daughter's and lived mostly in her room. We couldn't afford Orkin anymore. I bought 2 pesticides at Pet Smart and covered the my daughter's floor with them. I got very sick and was hospitalized. Even though I told the doctor I was poisoned he said I probably had stomach flue. I got the feeling he was protecting the people who made the pesticides from a law suit. But I'm not the sueing type.

Now, months later, I have ongoing diarrhea. Probably a stomach flue this time. It wont go away. I cannot go back to the doctor. I have no health insurance.

My husband has not "blown up" at me in a long time. But today his temper problems started again. They always start up when he cannot find work. He tries to stay gone all the time on his motorcycle so he wont yell at us; me and the kids. He can keep a hold on his temper when things are running smoothly, but when things fall apart he looses it.

I cannot die. No one will care for my children. My mother died when I was eleven; I know like no one else what it is like to have other people and a father but no mom's help. Dad's don't see things like mom's do. My dad was real competent and had lots of help. My husband is not competent and he has no one's help. If I died my children would be screwed. So I have to live but I don't really want to. I'm ugly and I never wanted to marry my husband. I did it because I needed a roof over my head and no one else was interrested in me. I have no job abilities, bad employment history, I'm ugly, over weight, suffer from tiredness (or now sickness), and have completely lost interrest in life.

Please, what ever you do, do not pray I fall deeper in love with my husband. You'd be cursing me without knowing it. I just need prayer that I can abide until I'm called Home. And my husband needs a good income and health insurance for all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 06:44 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
No my friend, I will not pray that you will abide until you dieI will pray for a job for your H and that he gets some help with that anger problem.I also pray that you will think about those children who depend on your love and for you to be there for them instead of your death and leaving them alone with an angry father..I will pray that you will look for a free health clinic for a check up.. I will pray you will go to the unemploynent office and ask about rehabilitation training to get yourself a job..They can train you for many jobs even though you say you have little education..
My dad was a painter and when he was out of a job, he would go to homes of people he knew and people they sent him to and would make them an offer they couldn't afford to turn down to paint their house, barn or anything they had that needed painting if they would buy the paint, and we would eat and pay the rent..
I wish you the very best of success, Jem, and finally I pray that
God will help you to gain your self respect back

Old 10-06-2008, 06:56 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
So sorry for your pain, but protect YOUR children at all cost. Praying that Jesus will do His will in your life. Lord in heaven please help Jemcrystal and her innocent children. I'm not feeling so strong right now myself, but you can let me go and wrap your arms around her and her entire family. Please provide for her and heal her spiritually, Daddy, in Jesus name I ask of you. Amen. Hold on okay Jemcrystal, hold on.

PS: We are all were created in His image. So see, you're beautiful.

Love always, your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 10-09-2008, 07:11 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,860,778 times
There is help out there. Catholic Charities has many programs to help ALL people. Many churches help too. It sounds like your could get food stamps and other assistance. Don't give up! Do it for your kids. They depend on you. Stress and worry play a major part in your health issues. When you go to bed each night, give your problems to God. He is going to be up all night anyway! God bless your family. You are capable and lovable!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:48 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,204 times
I'm so sorry for your pain and fear of the future. You are here for a reason and you are your children's mother and no one else can do that job. You say you have no skills but you are a good writer. Everyone is unique and a special creation in God's eye. He has made you for a purpose. Seek him. We will all pray that your husband finds a good job, and that you all can get good medical coverage. Look and see what is available in your area in the way of help for your family until you get back on your feet. Take this one step at a time. God will lead you out of this...Take special care

Old 10-11-2008, 03:12 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,333 times
I am keeping you in my prayers

Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 AM

Thumbs up Ty for prayer.

Things are looking better now. I get along with my husband as I normally did. He has found odd jobs here and there that will chase away poverty. Our church pantry gave us some food.

Thank you for your prayers. It seems I did not have the bacteria in my stomach that people normally do. I did not have to see a doctor. On the advice of a friend I took a packet of this stomach bacteria that she gets through this company that sells home products. I stopped bleeding and I can digest food again. I try to eat yogurt regularly to keep the bacteria up.

Thank you, God bless, and take care.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
He's able to do all things, according to His will Jemcrystal. Make God a daily part of your life, okay? Love your children dearly and protect them everyday. Teach them to serve the Lord and lean on Him all the days of their life. Promise that you will pray daily. Smile, Jesus loves you.

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 10-14-2008, 07:03 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,680 times
Lord please send your blessings to Jemcrystal and her husband. Put Your healing hands on them both and bring peace into their bodies, minds, spirits and hearts. Lord in order to serve You, we need to serve others so please direct Jencrystal's husband on the path toward a career that will allow him to support You and Jemcrystal. Everything you put us through Lord makes us stronger and Lord I thank you for using this opportunity to bring strength to them both so when the blessings start pouring in, because we have faith they will, they will forever be greatful of Your love and mercy. Thank You Lord for bringing Jemcrystal and her husband through this storm. Thank You for staying by them through this and never leaving their side while You do Your work and thank You for making Your presence known during these days. Thank You Lord for Your mercy. Amen

Old 10-21-2008, 11:50 PM

Hey, all. Relapse. I am back to not being able to eat anything at all. I drink a couple sips of water every few minutes. Something is wrong with my lower intestines. I went to the emergency room because I was in pain. Please pray I can get health insurance, that I can get a doctor and that the doctor I get will know what they're doing, and mostly that I just heal and never have this problem again. And pray my visits to the emergency ward will be paid for by charity grants (this Catholic started hospital I go to sometimes helps pay for when people visit the emergency).

Thanks all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity