Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:26 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,722 times

Advertisements

I am just curious to see how the sex lives of the many Christians out here are fulfilling and satisfying, not just physically, but emotionally. Is there anything "off-limits" so to speak? And primarily this is to married couples, as singles really should not be having sex yet.

Bible research shows us little, except to say that we should always "give in" to our spouses needs. I thought about this after Dr Ed Young told his congregation to have sex for 7 straight days. I wondered why, and then decided to write this, to see why.

since I had made the comment on another post about sharing themselves first:

My sex life is fantastic. Really not too much is off limits, but that isn't to say there is much that hasn't been explored. Before, when I was still in a "carnal" state, I had my try-outs, so to speak, and some of the woman I had met were quite boring. Missionary, and THAT IS IT. If you know what I mean. "Are you done yet", was the feeling I got. Sometimes it felt like pity. But having been married now for 19 years, my wife is the absolute best. I know God has put us together, even though my views on religion and such get me a blank look sometimes.

I could always wonder though, sometimes, as those women who don't have much drive for these things, about how they would or even could keep their husbands satisfied. And not just physically, but emotionally.

We hit a low point in our relationship many years ago, concerning this very topic. We almost didn't make it. But we compromised, talked, and found out what our "lacking" was from each other, and to my surprise, 19 years later, our desire for each other remains "soul" strong.

Sorry if this is too personal for some of you, but hey,,,we are on the forums, and we ARE Christians!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 11:31 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
t-m-i
'Cussing in the bedroom sermon'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waXrbpFikZU

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 11-19-2008 at 11:55 AM..

Old 11-19-2008, 11:55 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,585,075 times
that guy is way off.

the bedroom is UNDEFILED because God believes in Man/Woman being Married so they wont be fornicating or committing adultery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
t-m-i
Cussing in the bedroom sermon

YouTube - Bishop Weeks 'Cussin in the bedroom'

Old 11-20-2008, 08:43 PM

37,450 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I am just curious to see how the sex lives of the many Christians out here are fulfilling and satisfying, not just physically, but emotionally. ...
From my experience in churches and among fellow Christians, I would say that overall I think Christians tend to have a less fulfilling, less satisfying sex life than their non-Christian neighbors.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times
My married sex life was great thank you (not married anymore). Our pastor used to preach, "The married bed is undefiled." Make of it what you will.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:52 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
From my experience in churches and among fellow Christians, I would say that overall I think Christians tend to have a less fulfilling, less satisfying sex life than their non-Christian neighbors.
LOL Oh ye of little faith. Having been a non-Christian until I was 30, I can say without hesitation that that may be true for you but for me, nothing could be further from the truth--just the opposite as a matter of fact. Sex before Christianity for me was empty, unfulfilling and left me feeling rather tense about sex. My husband said the same thing. Not all men like meaningless, empty sex, thank God.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:55 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,760 times
I think the sex lives of Christians should remain private

Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 PM

37,450 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
LOL Oh ye of little faith.
I am not sure what faith has to do with this topic.

I was speaking of my observations from years of being active in the church and couples counseling.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I am not sure what faith has to do with this topic.
It was a joke.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
I think the sex lives of Christians should remain private
That's true enough. I didn't plan on saying anymore, I promise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity