Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 AM

706 posts, read 1,237,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
Glad you clarified. We absolutely do believe that we will all practice the SAME religion after Armageddon. Will it be our religion as we practice it now? Probably not. I'm sure Jehovah will see fit to make changes. But think about it, WHY on earth would there need to ever be more than one faith?

You are still skipping around the issue at hand, which is not the issue of whether everyone will be practicing the same religion after armageddon. The issue is will those who practice a different religion from JW's survive Armageddon, the answer to that according to your very own publications is no.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
d

That makes no sense. What does 1935 have to do with the heavenly hope? I am still completely clueless on where you got this info?
According to your Watchtower, those people born after 1935 would not have a heavenly hope. The only people born after 1935 who had a heavenly hope were the few chosen as replacements for your annointed that fell away from your religion.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:47 AM

That is why when you have your memorial night celebration, maybe only one person in your kingdom hall drinks the wine and eats the bread, because according to your religion, that one person out of 200 in your congregation is the only one that is going to heaven.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:58 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,562,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
You are still skipping around the issue at hand, which is not the issue of whether everyone will be practicing the same religion after armageddon. The issue is will those who practice a different religion from JW's survive Armageddon, the answer to that according to your very own publications is no.
According to the scriptures, false religion, and all those who KNOWINGLY practice it even after coming to accurate knowledge of the scriptures, will meet their end in Armageddon. Also those who PROFESS to be practicing true religion but are proving otherwise by their actions will be destroyed. Which means those who claim to be JW are just as much at risk, if they are not pure of heart.

However, like I've said many times, those who have not yet come to an accurate knowledge of the scriptures but who have an honest heart and a searching spirit will undoubtedly be saved. Those who, like Paul, are zealous in their intent but misguided in their purpose will probably be remembered as well and be given an opportunity to take sides with Jehovah's people. Even those who practiced 'vile things' will receive a 'ressurection of judgement' at God's discretion.

Last edited by alicenevada; 12-31-2008 at 09:09 AM..

Old 12-31-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
According to your Watchtower, those people born after 1935 would not have a heavenly hope. The only people born after 1935 who had a heavenly hope were the few chosen as replacements for your annointed that fell away from your religion.
Oh, you are misunderstanding something you've heard. You are thinking of Charles Taze Russell's belief that the invitation to heaven was CLOSED after 1914, excluding those who fell away and were replaced. He was wrong in this and has since been corrected by the bible and our publications. He was just a man, after all. Not a 'modern day prophet' as many people believe we think him to be. We aren't Mormon and he isnt Joseph Smith. We don't believe he had any kind of heavenly gift of prophecy or was handed any additional scrolls.

Oh, and we don't have our memorial celebration for the reason you stated. We have our Memorial because Christ commanded us to. We pass the bread and the wine but since most of us do not have a heavenly hope we do not feel that we have the right to partake, as the apostles did.

Last edited by alicenevada; 12-31-2008 at 09:13 AM..

Old 12-31-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Oh, you are misunderstanding something you've heard. You are thinking of Charles Taze Russell's belief that the invitation to heaven was CLOSED after 1914, excluding those who fell away and were replaced.

Actually it was your 2nd president Joseph Rutherford that believed that the invitiation to heaven was closed after 1935, and this belief was taught and insisted up until the last year or so. But now they believe that the invitation is now open again. Whether this is a true belief or merely to tickle the ears of church people, I don't really know.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Actually it was your 2nd president Joseph Rutherford that believed that the invitiation to heaven was closed after 1935, and this belief was taught and insisted up until the last year or so. But now they believe that the invitation is now open again. Whether this is a true belief or merely to tickle the ears of church people, I don't really know.
Come On, lovethetruth. Give me a little credit, why don't you?

I have been surrounded by this organization for my entire life. I think I'm in a better position to state what is 'fact' about it, don't you? You are wrong. It was always 1914 and the belief was altered in 1995, over ten years ago. The invitation itself was not broadened since doing so would deny the fact that the bible itself dictates, 144,000 will inherit heavenly life. What did alter was our understanding of the term 'generation' and we were happy to make changes where necessary instead of holding to old beliefs simply because we were 'hesitant' that some may be stumbled. The Bible Students of the early 1900's also smoked cigarettes and celebrated Christmas, things which we as an organization have been happy to alter out of love for Jehovah.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:23 AM

It wasn't always 1914. 1914 was the year Armageddon was supposed to happen, along with 1919, 1925,1929, etc etc etc.

1935 was suppose to be the cutoff year for those who have a heavenly hope, people born after 1935 were to be assumed as living on earth not heaven.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:25 AM

Actually I think you are getting the 2 things confused, I was not talking about the 1914 generation, I was talking about the 1935 cut off for the heavenly hope, but you are now admitting that the generation definition was changed. Good. Maybe somewhere along the line you will admit that the Watchtower teaches that only JW's will survive Armageddon.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
It wasn't always 1914. 1914 was the year Armageddon was supposed to happen, along with 1919, 1925,1929, etc etc etc.

1935 was suppose to be the cutoff year for those who have a heavenly hope, people born after 1935 were to be assumed as living on earth not heaven.
NO, 1914 was never Armageddon. 1914 marked the beginning of the Last Days per bible prophecy. We are fully aware that the bible states that not even Christ knows the 'day or hour' of Armageddon .(Mark 13:32)

I am assuming, per your username, you have interest in factual information. So unless you plan to provide proof of your statements, I suggest you leave off being so confident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity