Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 08:50 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundamentalist View Post
we christians don't judge, they have been judged by god already. All we are doing is relaying the warning. Christians who tell jw, mormons etc.... That they are not christian and are in a cult are actually doing it out of love because they know where they will end up. It's the christians who know where they will end up but don't want to rock the boat, don't want to tell the truth and end up copping out saying, i don't want to judge.

how is that love when you know where they will go but say nothing?
...a_m_e_n...!

Old 12-16-2008, 07:35 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
We Christians don't judge, they have been Judged by God already. All we are doing is relaying the warning. Christians who tell JW, mormons etc.... that they are not Christian and are in a cult are actually doing it out of love because they know where they will end up. It's the Christians who know where they will end up but don't want to rock the boat, don't want to tell the truth and end up copping out saying, I don't want to judge.

How is that love when you know where they will go but say nothing?
Quote:
We Christians don't judge, they have been Judged by God already.
Have they? I know of many JW's and also Mormons who have "converted" over to the mainstream form of Christianity. If they were ALREADY judged, what would the point be? I also know many of those in these denominations who are loving people around. Jesus said, you would tell them by their fruits.

Quote:
All we are doing is relaying the warning. Christians who tell JW, mormons etc.... that they are not Christian and are in a cult are actually doing it out of love because they know where they will end up.
Really? You must think pretty highly of yourself to claim such a title, especially claiming it is out of love. I think again, that judgment is best left to God.

Quote:
It's the Christians who know where they will end up but don't want to rock the boat, don't want to tell the truth and end up copping out saying, I don't want to judge.
Most people who claim Christianity should worry about their own mirrors, before fogging up other people's with their rants about what Truth is.

Go past the religion and look at their fruits. Sometimes I see people who are so happy, loving, and a complete joy to be around. I mean you can just SEE Christ working in their lives. Should I run up to them and ask if they are religious, when I know they already have relationships? And at the same time, I see the most miserable religious people around, all claiming to know what the Truth is, but never LIVING the Truth, and for myself, this is so missing the point.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:43 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
Judgement & Condemnation are two different things.

I have seen a lot of people take it out of context from the verses they quote.

God Judges AND Condemns

We as Christians HAVE to judge

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

If you are spiritual then you WILL judge ALL things.
You will be walking spiritually so nobody would be able to bring any accusations against you (2nd part of verse)

also, God has called us to JUDGE RIGHTEOUSLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Have they? I know of many JW's and also Mormons who have "converted" over to the mainstream form of Christianity. If they were ALREADY judged, what would the point be? I also know many of those in these denominations who are loving people around. Jesus said, you would tell them by their fruits.

Really? You must think pretty highly of yourself to claim such a title, especially claiming it is out of love. I think again, that judgment is best left to God.

Most people who claim Christianity should worry about their own mirrors, before fogging up other people's with their rants about what Truth is.

Go past the religion and look at their fruits. Sometimes I see people who are so happy, loving, and a complete joy to be around. I mean you can just SEE Christ working in their lives. Should I run up to them and ask if they are religious, when I know they already have relationships? And at the same time, I see the most miserable religious people around, all claiming to know what the Truth is, but never LIVING the Truth, and for myself, this is so missing the point.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:53 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post

God Judges AND Condemns

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

You will be walking spiritually so nobody would be able to bring any accusations against you (2nd part of verse)

Well said.... Too bad so many keep yelling that " Judge not " out of context!

Old 12-16-2008, 07:54 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
YES! (John 3:18)
"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

So what if they are loving. There are atheists that love also and are "good" by man standards. Being loving and good or bearing fruit does not get you saved.

Quote:

What title? Of course it is out of love. I would not wish hell on my worst enemy. I work with a JW and we get along great of course I try to witness to him because I know where he will end up. Who are you to say, it's not out of love? Again the judgment has been passed. I am doing my part, my duty what the Lord commands me as a Christian. Go into the world and preach the Gospel
Quote:
Truth is the Gospel and don't use this "liberal" tactic of "self righteousness" If you have a problem with Christians voicing their opinion or stating the gospel take it up with God not us. He wrote the book.

Quote:
Your point?, I don't ask people if they are religious? Religion is a horrible thing that man made up. Christianity is a relationship. Do you know the right Jesus? Does Jesus know you? You base their salvation on the fact they look happy?
I was born in a Christian family, my father was a Pastor, I have two brothers, they say they are Christians act like it too but I did as well even though I was not a Christian. I OWE IT TO ME, THEM AND MY GOD TO MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE MY BROTHERS WILL SPEND ETERNITY IN HEAVEN.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:06 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
[quote=renriq02;6581104]Judgement & Condemnation are two different things.

God Judges AND Condemns

also, God has called us to JUDGE RIGHTEOUSLY.[/quote]...a-m-e-n...!

Old 12-16-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post

God Judges AND Condemns

My, my my. That verse is so taken out of context, and if this is a reason to judge another man, I am so sorry you see it in this light.

Let me ask you a simple yet profound question. Do you sin? It really is a simple question, for if by the chance you say yes,, then the Truly Spiritual man who does not sin, CAN BRING AN ACCUSATION against you.

But unto us God revealed through the Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual {thoughts} with spiritual {words.} But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually judged.

Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away;

Quote:
Luk 6:37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

I think I shall stick with my savior. He says don't judge, nor condemn. Simple enough for myself.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
YES! (John 3:18)
"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

So what if they are loving. There are atheists that love also and are "good" by man standards. Being loving and good or bearing fruit does not get you saved.
Quote:
What title? Of course it is out of love. I would not wish hell on my worst enemy. I work with a JW and we get along great of course I try to witness to him because I know where he will end up. Who are you to say, it's not out of love? Again the judgment has been passed. I am doing my part, my duty what the Lord commands me as a Christian. Go into the world and preach the Gospel
Quote:
Truth is the Gospel and don't use this "liberal" tactic of "self righteousness" If you have a problem with Christians voicing their opinion or stating the gospel take it up with God not us. He wrote the book.
Truth is the Gospel? No, Jesus is the Gospel. The Alpha, and the Omega. All is for Him, and Him alone. Ephesians chapter 1 ALL of it.

Quote:
Your point?, I don't ask people if they are religious? Religion is a horrible thing that man made up. Christianity is a relationship. Do you know the right Jesus? Does Jesus know you? You base their salvation on the fact they look happy?
No, I base the fact of whether they love, and have compassion. By their FRUIT you shall KNOW them. And what is a "right" Jesus. Last I looked, there is only One Begotten Son of the Father.

Quote:
I was born in a Christian family, my father was a Pastor, I have two brothers, they say they are Christians act like it too but I did as well even though I was not a Christian. I OWE IT TO ME, THEM AND MY GOD TO MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE MY BROTHERS WILL SPEND ETERNITY IN HEAVEN.
Sorry. They "say" and "act" like Christians, but aren't? Interesting.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:12 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,166,936 times
Quote:
My, my my. That verse is so taken out of context, and if this is a reason to judge another man, I am so sorry you see it in this light.

Let me ask you a simple yet profound question. Do you sin? It really is a simple question, for if by the chance you say yes,, then the Truly Spiritual man who does not sin, CAN BRING AN ACCUSATION against you.

But unto us God revealed through the Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual {thoughts} with spiritual {words.} But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually judged.

Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away;

Luk 6:37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

I think I shall stick with my savior. He says don't judge, nor condemn. Simple enough for myself.
Amen.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:20 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,166,936 times
Quote:
No, I base the fact of whether they love, and have compassion. By their FRUIT you shall KNOW them. And what is a "right" Jesus. Last I looked, there is only One Begotten Son of the Father.
Another Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity