Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:48 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,454 times

Advertisements

I was reading through another thread were troop asked a poster to define miracle and thought of my own personal story. My miracle. I thought it would be nice to just share our own 'miracle' stories. This is the season of 'miracles', so let's hear some wonderful stories.

Here is mine:

//www.city-data.com/forum/743630-post41.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 08:06 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times
I've have to go looking for mine, I think i posted it last year this time
But my very existence is a miracle " Weather;
Thanks for posting this thread, because we can take life granted at times
without realizing that we are one breath away , one heartbeat from ceasing to exist
Or one click or turn on the steering wheel from being a quadraplegic
One step in the sand from being a casualty
I'm so grateful, not because my life is a "bed of roses" , but because through it all
I've learned truly to trust in Jesus
I would like to post some before and after pics from a toronado.1984
where I live today was completely
obliterated from the earth's surface, and there is a home that they still never found but the recliner chair and a magazine was still sitting in tact , without a thread torn ,in the same spot on the foundation unmoved. If that was not a miracle, and everyone survived here, but the others was not as fortunate
God Bless you

Old 12-12-2008, 06:41 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,547 times
I prefer to think of such happenings as being the providence of God.....

Old 12-12-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I prefer to think of such happenings as being the providence of God.....
So, do you have any stories to share, Marian?

Anyone?

Old 12-12-2008, 08:23 AM

414 posts, read 776,926 times
Post Resonant Ones, yes,yes,yes.\!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
So, do you have any stories to share, Marian?

Anyone?

This providence does come in a universal language: OUR CREATOR's language has been COINCIDENCE, and it is the most diversified, yet immutable LAW (Love and Wisdom). The ANCIENT ONES knew that ....

... and God might have forgotten to glue ears to Adam's head

Let those with ears to hear come forward, BENEDICTUS or not!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:53 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,547 times
I can think of unexplainable happenings that I took as the providence of God. One was when a cousin was driving in the Idaho woods, and ran into a ditch, but the wheels of the vehicle never fell in, although the ones on the one side crossed the ditch!
Many other unexplained things have happened in my life, that seemed more than coincidences. I believe in guardian angels, and attribute many things to their watchful care.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I believe in guardian angels, and attribute many things to their watchful care.

Thank you, Marian. I, too, believe in guardian angels.

<><

Old 12-12-2008, 10:06 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Thanks for posting this thread, because we can take life granted at times
without realizing that we are one breath away , one heartbeat from ceasing to exist
Or one click or turn on the steering wheel from being a quadraplegic
One step in the sand from being a casualty
I'm so grateful, not because my life is a "bed of roses" , but because through it all
I've learned truly to trust in Jesus
Precious life is a miracle...great post yhwhshalomjr! And isn't it a blessing to be able to trust in Him?

Old 12-12-2008, 10:30 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Considering what I use to be like, <Yeeech!> My salvation is my miracle.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:57 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,941 times
Since it is the holiday season, I will tell what happened to me, about 35 years ago. It was the Sunday before Christmas, and I was in church. I didn't hear a word the pastor said, while he was preaching, because I was so sad and hurting. Here it was only a few days before Christmas, but I had not purchased any gifts for my parents, or siblings, because I was without a job, and completely broke. The thought of not being able to give them anything was weighing heavily on my mind, and brought me to tears. I prayed silently "Oh Lord, if I only had $50, then I could go buy some presents..."
After the service, a church member walked over to me and said "Bud, during the service the Lord spoke directly to me, and said for me to give you this". It was a sealed envelope. I thanked him, took the envelope, and went home. When I got home, I opened the envelope. Inside was a $50 bill....

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity