Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 04:54 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times

Advertisements

I have tried to share as led, but please do not take this as anything more than me sharing my thoughts and understanding. I believe that this happened for a reason.

Blessings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I can understand where you are coming from, but do you realize that there are alot of Christians in Israel both Jew and Palestinian. Many do know which tribes they came from but they have no recorded proof beyond 70 AD because God wanted the keeping of generations to stop because of emerging Christianity and the influx of the Gentiles.
This is new to me can you provide a reference?

Old 01-01-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
The sooner the head leaves the shoulders the sooner I am with Christ. Problem is I do have the bad habit of fighting back.
You have no idea how profound this statement is even if you made it in jest.

Now try assimilate that with this in a new light.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast nor his image, nor had received his mark on their foreheads, nor in their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
It may be too soon to reveal to you who the beast is. Your clue is in the black bits.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:57 AM

414 posts, read 776,926 times
Lightbulb using freedom of speech ...

Let me be with you both 100 percent.\!!

This song expresses it as good as many others, and as well ...

YouTube - My Savior My God By Aaron Shust

Old 01-01-2009, 10:42 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

Really so you like secrecy? Why was that DM not posed in the forum, I have never hidden my beliefs.
What is discussed in dm's were meant to be private, Seeker. You must not understand that concept. What you did has nothing to do with the content, it has to do with not being able to be trusted. You have just announced to the entire ciy-data site that no one could come to you in private to discuss highly personal problems or anything for that matter, because you will post it on the board for everyone to see. I have never seen anyone do what you did, and I consider it to be the lowest of the low. Robin was so dead on in his assessment of you.

They used to be called pm's, you know......PRIVATE messages.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:47 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
[quote=HotinAZ;6785586]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

Hmm, ok. Sounds a lot like "recruiting" to me. If you are the example of Christ, since you claim to be the closest thing to Christ, then by your actions and by your love people would gravitate towards you wanting this same relationship as you do. The second you "chide" them for faults they commit, then you have claimed a power over them no different than most governmental or religious entities do. God transforms hearts, not people.

Loving the world enough to die for it, as you say you would do, is proof enough for most anyone. But then again, is this going to be a peaceful surrender of life, or will you be taking out as many "infidels" as you can on the way out. There are extremists in every religion, who feel they are martyring themselves for God, but have prostituted the Word to give credence to this action. Jesus said blessed are the peacemakers...

Show me the verses please to this. My Bible says that if you break any of the laws you break them ALL. So how does one judge anothers fault when they have faults..

You can't, for example, "chide" another man for looking lustfully at a woman, while secretly coveting your neighbors family.

The only places in the Bible where I see it ok to "judge" the actions of someone, is if they are claiming fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ, while openly sinning, creating a bad lump or bad apple. Since you don't want the entire lump bad, or the bucket by one bad apple, you ask them to repent or to leave. That is it. Otherwise,

The Line is in the sand______________________________________________ ____

Huh?? I cannot respond to people who haven't actually read and understood my original post. Your response takes everything I said and twists it. Done.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:17 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
The generations thing is just my opinion or theory and is shared by many Christians. As for where you said the disciples or apostles were illiterate, you didnt, you asked if all the people were literate and I just went along with a popular opinion of many that I do not agree with.

I liked the sarcasm about John 3:16, carrying over to 17 but what of 18-21? This is what we mean by context. I guess your attempt to turn the tables on the rest of us didnt work out so well.

I dont mean any disrespect but so much has been written so fast I will choose not to respond to it all at this time because I am sure the same things will come up again to be addressed if they are important enough.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:31 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
You have no idea how profound this statement is even if you made it in jest.

Now try assimilate that with this in a new light.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast nor his image, nor had received his mark on their foreheads, nor in their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
It may be too soon to reveal to you who the beast is. Your clue is in the black bits.
Actually I have no fear of loosing my head for my faith, but I will fight back.

So you claim to know the who the beast is? Are you speaking literally as in name or figuratively as in more BS. No offense intended but men have been trying to figure this out for a long time and failed.

I do remember something you asked from the many responces. You asked how things have gotten worse, proof. I thought I had addressed this with more than just gangs in the US. So lets see, since 1948 homosexuality has been legalized, abortion has been legalized, divorce has grown to 50%, of course I am focusing on the US since that is where I live. Welfare has gotten out of hand, drug abuse is steadly getting higher, no pun intended. Terrorism has gotten world wide and more frequent. Travel has gotten faster(no brainer), technology has advanced ever faster to a breakneck speed. Aides is our new plague without a cure. I will try to think of more.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:10 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
[quote=DayoftheLord;6788019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

Huh?? I cannot respond to people who haven't actually read and understood my original post. Your response takes everything I said and twists it. Done.
Interesting response for sure. I didn't see how I "twisted" anything, just responded to how you wrote it. If you didn't want it to come off that way, maybe it should have been rephrased a bit.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
What is discussed in dm's were meant to be private, Seeker. You must not understand that concept. What you did has nothing to do with the content, it has to do with not being able to be trusted. You have just announced to the entire ciy-data site that no one could come to you in private to discuss highly personal problems or anything for that matter, because you will post it on the board for everyone to see.
Where have I indicated I am here to council anyone? See that is where folk miss the idea of discussion boards. I never tell folk what to do if I am approached with questions, I try to clarify stuff and point them in a direction where they can research for themselves.

Being a Christian does not make you a councilor just by the premise you have the HS - but it appears every 2nd evangelist considers themselves as councilors/representatives of God
Quote:
I have never seen anyone do what you did, and I consider it to be the lowest of the low. Robin was so dead on in his assessment of you.
I have - in churches and it is called gossip, and you would never guess who the worst scoundrels of this are - Pastors.
Quote:
They used to be called pm's, you know......PRIVATE messages.
I know what PM's are but you are not aware of the timing as it happened.

Spin it however you wish. BTW I get very few PM's If you ask me personal stuff then slam me in your very next post to me, I will expose you especially when one comes over so sincere. Hint - view my profile and member groups, it is no secret. There have been multiple links to my blog where my profile in detail is there for anyone to see.

So sorry how you feel but I am not alone in this conclusion by others that have chimed in her and other means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity