Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 02:26 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times

Advertisements

OK I have apologized for my part in the DM mess and I believe SeekerSA has gotten the point. No offense to anyone and not pointed at anyone. So can we get to the topic at hand and get over ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 02:57 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Actually I have no fear of loosing my head for my faith, but I will fight back.

So you claim to know the who the beast is? Are you speaking literally as in name or figuratively as in more BS. No offense intended but men have been trying to figure this out for a long time and failed.
Lets leave that for now. I want to address the part below for which I have been waiting awhile now.

Quote:
I do remember something you asked from the many responces. You asked how things have gotten worse, proof. I thought I had addressed this with more than just gangs in the US. So lets see, since 1948 homosexuality has been legalized, abortion has been legalized, divorce has grown to 50%, of course I am focusing on the US since that is where I live.
OK these are typical things folk have problems with, I neither judge these things as a homosexual's lifestyle does not affect me neither does any decision a woman takes to have an abortion. The fact that these have been decriminalized rather that legalized shows some moving forward into the 21st century, it is not like these things did not happen in spite or archaic legislation.

As for divorce, it does appear based on USA stats there is no difference between Chistians and non Christians concerning this. The same goes here in SA.

Quote:
Welfare has gotten out of hand, drug abuse is steadly getting higher, no pun intended.
Welfare is bad because....

Did Jesus not say we shall have the poor with us always? Are we not to care for widows and orphans?
Are we to throw someone under the bus when they fall from grace?

Drug abuse is not really getting worse, the population is growing and percentages are pretty static. This is beside the point.

What is the root cause?
What are you doing about it?

In my youth I used drugs and even was a small scale dealer but PTL I never got caught (only mary jane)

Quote:
Terrorism has gotten world wide and more frequent.
Terrorism has always existed. Crime against humanity has alway existed. We have found new words to box certain acts into certain labels.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
What is the root cause?

If you are honest, some of the OT texts even show God as a terrorist.

Is your version of a terrorist a black guy weilding an AK47?

Who arms these folks?

Lets look at Iraq and Afghanistan in the 80's. Who was arming Iraq's Saddam Hussein agaist Iran? CIA.

Who armed the Muhajideen (sp) agaist Russian occupiers, gave them USA stinger missiles to shoot down Russian helicopters? Yup the CIA.

Your blessed USA has been doing this sice the end of WWII demonizing all non anglo looking folk as gooks and terrorists, interfering with other countries where like in Vietnam and Korea, you really did not make a difference but kept the political war machine ticking. Believe me when I say I know what I am talking about, I was in military intelligence. Indoctrination and propoganda is a powerful military tool.

Quote:
Travel has gotten faster(no brainer), technology has advanced ever faster to a breakneck speed.
Why is this bad?

Quote:
Aides is our new plague without a cure. I will try to think of more.
AIDS is a curable disease and preventable. Ever thought why AIDS abstinence education does not work in Africa as pushed by the church? Culture. Mugabe banned the advertisement of condoms in Zimbabwe and that country has the highets AIDS mortality rate while others the mortality rate is declining or is static.

As for the cure, pharmacutical companies want to get rich of antiretrovirals instead of doing the right thing. But it is all OK as the folk that seem to be affected the most are those on welfare or in welfare type states.

In SA gay marriage is allowed and abortions are legal - there are of course systems in place to council folk to keep their babies or go for adoption - it is not a meat market.

The sky did not fall either.

This is why I asked for specifics.

What you shared is what most folk say if they say what has deteriorated.

Do yourself a favor, google population growth and see that since 1900, the population tripled and is set to grow another 50% by 2050.

We were told to procreate and in my family we stopped at replacement - viz two children. Even many black folk here who are still disadvantaged stop at a maximum of 4. Yet in the USA we hear regularly of families of 5 kids and more sometimes.

So yes things are getting worse because we now have global access to information, your techological evil, and primarily because there is a crapload more folk on the planet than when I was born in the late 50's. And BTW, people live longer now because of techology and medicine.

Google mortality statistics for even the USA since the early 1900's and yo will see the distribution graphs now have far more percentage over 60 than awhile back.

Even the wars that the USA invented, did not put a dent in popuation growth.

Did you know of all humans ever to exist, 10% are alive today?

WWJD?

Old 01-01-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
OK I have apologized for my part in the DM mess and I believe SeekerSA has gotten the point. No offense to anyone and not pointed at anyone. So can we get to the topic at hand and get over ourselves.
No problems here and I hold no grudges.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:37 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
We are speaking of signs of the end times, correct? I provided them and you discounted them with the same old rhetoric. I did not say they were all bad, but that they were evidence. I did not say Christians were immune to contributing to certain statistics but it is awfully ironic that all has increased so much and so rapidly since 1948.

You are bringing in alot of useless data that just distracts from the claims by basically changing the subject. I am not attacking you, just pointing out that to discount me you basic ignore what I provided.

We have signs in nature, which you will of course contribute to the population growth which is fine because they are still happening. As a matter of fact Yellowstone National Park, which has roughly 1000 small earthquakes per year, scattered over the whole year has had over 250 in just 3 days and is still producing more frequently. The Global warming weirdos just got a ton of snow dumped on the majority of the USA in the past 2 weeks causing flooding in places that normally do not flood and snow in places that normally get no snow. Just a few months ago they were reporting the smallest amout of solar flares in the longest period on record. Frequency and ferocity is what we are getting more of ever since 1948.

Signs in society, as pointed out homosexuality, abortion, gang violence, new laws being written.

Spiritual signs, more cults are being considered religions and turning people away from the truth even within Christianity the lies are promoted while the truth is avoided. New Age Mumbo Jumbo is promoted under the veil of love and tolerance all the while turning millions from the truth.

Signs in technology, as I said air travel, land travel, computers becoming obsolete in a few months rather than years, knowledge increasing doubling every 4 months I believe is the last calculation. Satelite systems becoming common place, cell phones in just about everyhand, laptops carried around like books with easy access to internet. There is so much more and the world chooses to ignore it relevance to scripture.

Signs of Israel, too numerous to count, but 1948 is the beginning of it all.

You can ignore these and even explain them away but the fact is they are happening and the pivitol point is 1948, the establishment of Israel as a nation. What you have added, even your explinations just add more credibility to them.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:21 PM

I never discounted them, just gave you the rationale behind them.

These things are bad why?

Did God not give us the ability to "invent" these things? Would you really prefer to have lived in say 1700?

It is a natural phenominan that knowledge increases. I was watching a program on History Channel where a guy unwinds a ribbon between two trees to show the progress/knowledge of man. The trees were about 100m apart and the last 100 years is represented as less than 1cm but the advances were soo much greater in this time.

We are definitely at the end of an age, but it is NOT the end of the world that is in sight.

But you know what the irony is? This stuff should be making you all warm and fuzzy if your POV were true. Seeing that it comes across fearful, I wonder why it is that it is even under discussion.

If you say it is to warn folk and get them saved, you give yourself waaay to much credit, seems that is in a department we do not have influence over. There is however things we can do and that is like care for folk as Jesus suggested but I guess that is too much of an effort, much nicer to spread messages of doom and gloom.

A starving boy is moved by his next meal not by what may or may not happen when he dies.

The truth is, possibly for the first time since the depression, the USA has finally run into a brick wall and you are experiencing what we have been going through awhile now - stuff like unemployment, losing homes.

Jesus is NOT coming back to clean up the mess we have created, I think we are capable of contributing to the solution ourselves.

My points are not distractions, they are raw facts you choose to ignore. If laptops and aeroplanes were the great evil, the bible would be specific. I am guessing but it appears you would prefer that the USA was isolated from the rest of the world. Well guess what, it is the USA that created the mess we are all in and are complicit in contribution to worldwide.

Once upon a time, your forefathers were kicked out of Europe and "sent/went" to the USA and mine to SA and some to the Australian and Indian places, remember we all have roots in the British empire. Britain was slowly kicked out of their colonies (sometimes by terrorists) and look where they are today?

They once commanded the strongest currency in the world - no more. The dollar has also tanked and is going to tank even further so buckle up, it is going to be a bumpy long hard ride. Reality has come home to roost in the USA.

Empire 4.0 will be China and India - watch - and there is nothing the USA will be able to do about it as they already own you. Th USA has been invaded w/o firing a single shot. Your enemy is not the Muslims - you have become your own worst enemy worshipping the mighty dollar.

It may sound like I am gleeful in this but I am not, we are affected equally, just this time you folk do not get a get out jail free card. We are all in this together.

There is a lesson to be learned here if we will just sit up and pay attention.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:39 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
GodTube.com - alohabibleprophecy - Mid-East Bible Prophecy: Rumours of War WARS and RUMORS of............

Old 01-01-2009, 05:09 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
We are speaking of signs of the end times, correct? I provided them and you discounted them with the same old rhetoric. I did not say they were all bad, but that they were evidence. I did not say Christians were immune to contributing to certain statistics but it is awfully ironic that all has increased so much and so rapidly since 1948.

You are bringing in alot of useless data that just distracts from the claims by basically changing the subject. I am not attacking you, just pointing out that to discount me you basic ignore what I provided.

We have signs in nature, which you will of course contribute to the population growth which is fine because they are still happening. As a matter of fact Yellowstone National Park, which has roughly 1000 small earthquakes per year, scattered over the whole year has had over 250 in just 3 days and is still producing more frequently. The Global warming weirdos just got a ton of snow dumped on the majority of the USA in the past 2 weeks causing flooding in places that normally do not flood and snow in places that normally get no snow. Just a few months ago they were reporting the smallest amout of solar flares in the longest period on record. Frequency and ferocity is what we are getting more of ever since 1948.

Signs in society, as pointed out homosexuality, abortion, gang violence, new laws being written.

Spiritual signs, more cults are being considered religions and turning people away from the truth even within Christianity the lies are promoted while the truth is avoided. New Age Mumbo Jumbo is promoted under the veil of love and tolerance all the while turning millions from the truth.

Signs in technology, as I said air travel, land travel, computers becoming obsolete in a few months rather than years, knowledge increasing doubling every 4 months I believe is the last calculation. Satelite systems becoming common place, cell phones in just about everyhand, laptops carried around like books with easy access to internet. There is so much more and the world chooses to ignore it relevance to scripture.

You can ignore these and even explain them away but the fact is they are happening and the pivitol point is 1948, the establishment of Israel as a nation. What you have added, even your explinations just add more credibility to them.
Thank you for getting the thread back on topic. This is an excellent post, and shows the type of things that are happening that are completely being ignored or being bombarded with the same old explaining away technique.

Wars and rumors of wars are just one of the signs to watch for, with the re-establishment of Israel as a nation in 1948 being the super-sign into the last and final age. The point is the frequency and ferocity, like you said. Denial of such things changes nothing.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:26 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,449 times
It is very compelling.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:43 PM

43 posts, read 146,815 times
Beyond compelling, it is part of His Master Plan. We may not understand It but we are compelled to interact to It. God is in control.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:11 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Hi RobinD69,

The industrial revolution was well before Israel in 1948. "Israel" is a sigh of what? What scripture are you using to assume this ?

Quote:

Yellowstone is not in Israel. It has nothing to do with the end times.

Josephus Wars of the Jews Book 4
for there broke out a prodigious storm in the night, with the utmost violence, and very strong winds, with the largest showers of rain, with continued lightnings, terrible thunderings, and amazing concussions and bellowings of the earth, that was in an earthquake. These things were a manifest indication that some destruction was coming upon men, when the system of the world was put into this disorder; and any one would guess that these wonders foreshowed some grand calamities that were coming.
Quote:
Where are the apostate Christians telling people to abstain from food, abstain from marriage, and deny Jesus was in the flesh ?Those were the signs specifically stated by Paul. It certainly was not any later than the 2nd century since Gnostics were well documented.

Quote:
Its not talking about "knowledge" increasing as if any knowledge but knowledge of the end. The wise would understand at the end.

Quote:

Name one.

The end times culminates in the shattering of Israel not gathering. Israel 1948 is the exact opposite of what is stated in scripture . God gathers a repentant Israel not an apostate one. So it is no sign of anything. They are not even Israel. They are Rabbinic/Hasidic Jews which is a religion mostly of converted Europeans.

Daniel 12
7I heard the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, as he (Q)raised his right hand and his left toward heaven, and swore by (R)Him who lives forever that it would be for a (S)time, times, and half a time; and as soon as they finish (T)shattering the power of the holy people, all these events will be completed.
naphats
naw-fats'
a primitive root; to dash to pieces, or scatter:--be beaten in sunder, break (in pieces), broken, dash (in pieces), cause to be discharged, dispersed, be overspread, scatter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity