Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 08:33 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,722 times

Advertisements

Ok, just let us make sure the bird is a dove of PEACE, instead of the bird of prey....

I don't see anything good coming out of Israel these days, and those Christians who support this slaughter in the "hopes"of a immentant return of Christ are wishing in the wind. They are following a religion of false doctrines started in the last couple of hundred years. DO THE RESEARCH! Google Darby and Blackstone and see where their influences come from. Why are most evangelicals preaching this doctrine, these days, when for 1800 years this was unheard of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 08:48 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,541 times
Darby and Blackstone been around longer than the bible? Really?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Darby and Blackstone been around longer than the bible? Really?
No but I would say through the millions that have died to bring this country into existence, they might have misinterpreted some biblical passages slightly wrong.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:52 AM

Also,, to get the topic to the one at hand let us look at the verse in Luke

Luk 21:9
But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end [is] not by and by.

This word commotions is the exact same word as this word...

1Cr 14:33
For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Can you see it??

Jam 3:14
But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but [is] earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife [is], there [is] confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, [and] easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

See, there is that word again, hidden in James. By showing that Christians are backing up the state of Israel, you are showing partiality, and not the pure peaceful, gentle, merciful fruits, without hypocrisy towards others who live there.

We should be outraged, and do everything in our power to show EVERYONE on planet earth, that we bring peace, and not a metal sword. For those who live by it, die by it.

Same goes for the Sword of the Living God, His Word, sharper than any two edged sword, able to divide your earthly, soulish conscience and spirit natures.

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
No but I would say through the millions that have died to bring this country into existence, they might have misinterpreted some biblical passages slightly wrong.
And that's all it takes to seal your fate? A "slight" misinterpretation? Even, given your argument, there has been some slight misinterpretation, God's words must be dispelled altogether? Or what, bit's and pieces deemed doable and others what, to be discarded?

Did you ever stop to think, perhaps through the millions that have died to bring this country into existence, for the sake of conversation, MAYBE, just MAYBE, one could have gotten it right?

Old 01-03-2009, 10:28 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,938 times
Quote:
Birds of a feather, will flock together!! Here's to spreading the truth, the whole truth, NOTHING but! Stay at your post soldiers!! Front and center! Heads up!!

Here's proof that the Jews are leaving the USA and going back to their homeland. Boycott Israel News
You really should read the stuff you post.

These are Jews returning to DAMASCUS Syria a "dirty" Muslim nation from Brooklyn and France. They are not going to Israel.

I mean the clue is there

By KIM MURPHY TIMES STAFF WRITER
The Los Angeles Times,
World Report,
November, 22, 1994

Like it is only 14 years old

Quote:
Return of the Jews to Israel: Back from the Diaspora and Settling in the Promised Land Return of Jews to Israel........prophecy will be fulfilled!! Can't stop it nor deny it! You might not believe it, but GOD's WILL, WILL BE SO!
This article and I quote:
As a result of the Zionist Congress’ efforts some Jews began to view “Next Year in Jerusalem” as a real cry for their return to Israel before next Passover. The Jewish perception of national life underwent a radical shift and immigration to Israel began to be viewed as a real possibility. Starting from the closing decades of the 19th century Jewish immigrants from European countries where they were socially discriminated against began pouring into Israel, then ambiguously called Palestine, in several waves of mass migration.
Hint - 19th century is not equal to 1900 -1999 thus not 1948. Try the 1800's sometime

Quote:
Why Are The Jews Called God's Chosen People? Chosen of God to fulfill His promises. Keep your eyes on Israel!
From the article:
Simple answer would be found in Deuteronomy 14:2 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

[LEFT][/LEFT]Duet 7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

A more in depth answer would be because God made a Covenant with Abraham. But this needs to be explained and thus we have provided many Scriptures which explain.
That covenant was when he was Abram and included the offspring from Ismael - those pesky Arab types from Hagar the slave.

The descendants thus include all nations not just Jews otherwise your inheritance is null and void.

BTW - there have always been a remnant of Jews living in Palestine

Old 01-03-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
And that's all it takes to seal your fate? A "slight" misinterpretation? Even, given your argument, there has been some slight misinterpretation, God's words must be dispelled altogether? Or what, bit's and pieces deemed doable and others what, to be discarded?

Did you ever stop to think, perhaps through the millions that have died to bring this country into existence, for the sake of conversation, MAYBE, just MAYBE, one could have gotten it right?
For the sake of conversation, killing one person to bring this state into existence, would be absolutely WRONG.

God's Word needs not be dispelled, it just needs to be pure, and undefiled.

If in this New Covenant that Jesus gave to us, you were to tell me that it was God's will that millions would die to fulfill a secret plan hatched thousands of years ago, called the nation or state of Israel, then I would not have given my God my service. Why? It goes against the very teachings of His Son, and if it does that, then how does one follow in this confusion?

My service comes from the teachings of Christ, and He only taught that peace was the solution to violence. Turn the other cheek, and keep turning it until the aggressor tires, kills, or backs down. But submission is not an option, for if we submit, then we serve not God, but man.

Christians as well as Jews have been beaten down, killed, and tortured throughout history, but YET WE REMAIN. You cannot kill the Gospel, for this is His Word. But to side with any man made government, is to side with Babylon, and we know how God feels about that, right? She falls EVERY TIME.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
You really should read the stuff you post.

These are Jews returning to DAMASCUS Syria a "dirty" Muslim nation from Brooklyn and France. They are not going to Israel.

I mean the clue is there

By KIM MURPHY TIMES STAFF WRITER
The Los Angeles Times,
World Report,
November, 22, 1994

Like it is only 14 years old

This article and I quote:
As a result of the Zionist Congress’ efforts some Jews began to view “Next Year in Jerusalem” as a real cry for their return to Israel before next Passover. The Jewish perception of national life underwent a radical shift and immigration to Israel began to be viewed as a real possibility. Starting from the closing decades of the 19th century Jewish immigrants from European countries where they were socially discriminated against began pouring into Israel, then ambiguously called Palestine, in several waves of mass migration.
Hint - 19th century is not equal to 1900 -1999 thus not 1948. Try the 1800's sometime

From the article:
Simple answer would be found in Deuteronomy 14:2 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

[LEFT][/LEFT]Duet 7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

A more in depth answer would be because God made a Covenant with Abraham. But this needs to be explained and thus we have provided many Scriptures which explain.
That covenant was when he was Abram and included the offspring from Ismael - those pesky Arab types from Hagar the slave.

The descendants thus include all nations not just Jews otherwise your inheritance is null and void.

BTW - there have always been a remnant of Jews living in Palestine

Talking to you sometimes is like talking to a 4-year-old. You have a bandage for every sore, yet have'nt gotten the concept that you're still bleeding.....................................yes, SeekerSA, it's 14 years old!

Old 01-03-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Talking to you sometimes is like talking to a 4-year-old. You have a bandage for every sore, yet have'nt gotten the concept that you're still bleeding.....................................yes, SeekerSA, it's 14 years old!
Then why try and lead the people astray? He called you on it because it said something other than what you implied it did. Most Jewish blooded people, myself included, abhor the violence going on in the middle east right now. There are Christians, myself included, that see this not as a prophetic fulfillment, but a image, or an illusion, created by man, started by man, and given by man, to enslave the purity of the Church into believing something that isn't real.

So when fundy Christians start backing up evil men's doings, then my ears perk up and eyes open. It is not what Jesus taught, and I can tell you this much. What people call Israel today, is not biblical Israel. Those people over there will fall by the sword. Why can I say this? Because he who kills by violence, dies by the same violence.

Israel is US. The Body of Christ. It isn't a nation, or a government, or a piece of land. It is Jesus, as King, over His Kingdom. This isn't a earthly kingdom, but it's inhabitants reside on earth. It is why we ARE NOT OF THIS WORLD, strangers in a land not ours. This earth as given over to the adversary, and it is his. "Come out of her, my people"!

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:21 AM

Leading people astray? Or leading people away? Don't get it twisted!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity