Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 07:52 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times

Advertisements

10. And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
11. "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still: he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." Revelation 22: 10-11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 07:55 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Lol, i always get a kick out of these rapture and left behind posts. Such a new doctrine entrapping millions of believers.
So glad it gives you a jolt. It's not a new doctrine, btw. And how does it entrap anyone?? Something that is clearly taught in the Bible, yet you can't believe it so you wait around for threads like this to be able to cast your personal doubts and fears upon true Bible believing people?

I don't get you, HotinAZ. You seem to take great pleasure in poo-pooing the Rapture and show no interest in doing the thing that really matters....you know....the Great Commission???

Old 12-28-2008, 09:55 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That would not be wise and OFF TOPIC
Well it seems you do not "trust"your god to supernaturally protect Israel. That is why I said, let the USA stop supporting Israel and no it is not off topic.

Israel today is NOT linked to any end time prophesy

Old 12-28-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
Well and it is not just one sign. There are tons of signs, disobedient children, misuse of drugs, strange weather patterns, etc. And really all of those are in the works. Isreal was the big one in '46 but the bible says the end will come like birth pangs upon a women and they will not escape. I take that to mean that things will get progressively worse and intense. But who knows it may be another 50 years...only God knows the time and the place things will happen. He has the perfect plan.
Not sure how old you are but as you get older you start noticing stuff that you never noticed in your youth

Yup the end is nigh but may still take another (insert random number here) years.

BTW if you still look for a 2nd coming, you have already missed it.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
This is an interesting thread considering the misinformation the world uses to try and cover up fullfilled prophecy.

Like has been pointed out, things have gotten worse since 1948. FACT.
Such as? Remember if it is worse there must be a bench mark from which you measure it.

Quote:
Now others have added to the proclimation and given some intriguing. I like the references to all the sevens.

Now we can interprit the scriptures in many ways. Pre trib to Post trib.
And therein lies the problem. 3 possibilities and thus it means no more than speculation.

Quote:
But the part about wars and rumors of wars can only be for now considering that the world is at war on many levels and thanks to the media and the liberal spin doctors Israel is doing war with Palestine, while the world says Palestine has done no wrong and Israel declares Hamas(the governing body of Paletine) attacked first. Therefore fulfilling the rumors of wars portion. Now the entire world is not completely at war physically but war has been declared from all side pretty much encompassing the world.
Liberal media - yeah right controlled by the govt in charge. Amazing what you will read if you look outside your borders. Israel is being condemned internationally by all but the USA and UK.

Quote:
Now there are other ways the wars and rumors of wars can be described; Look at the gangs and gang violence around the world.
Which gangs, citation please - BTW there have been gangs as long as I can remember and I am 50.

Quote:
Look at the wars between faiths and nationalities. We are at a point in this world that has never been seen, even at the time of Noah.
Faiths and nationalities? Which is it? Nations have been warring ad infinitum

Quote:
The world is going to hell and all we can do is watch and wait.
Correct and hell is the grave - no escape.

Quote:
I hope the pre tribers are right and we are raptured before the tribulation because things can get worse than they are. In my town we are actually at peace with one another, no gang fights, no militery dominance, and the police are friendly even to the criminals. So as I said things can get worse than they are.
So how is things worse then? Are you not just posting left behind talking point?

Quote:
As for others wanting others worldly goods, it doesnt matter sence the owners will be gone.
Heard of satire?

Old 12-28-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I like your points. Some people are trying to profit off of such things as global warming which is a great sign of the end times but most reject as manmade disasters and having nothing to do with the Bible prophecies.
Not sure what you are trying to say here. So global warming is a myth even after a huge population growth in the last century nearly tripling the global population.

Quote:
The same is said for Israel becoming a nation again because man caused it it has nothing to do with the Bible. There are tons of signs pointing to the endtimes and tons of alternative excuses for the fulfillment of these signs. If the rapture occures before the tribulation there will be plenty of excuses for it as well and none of them will be the Bible.
The rapture is a myth invented by a Jesuit (RCC) priest posing as a converted Rabbi in about 1830.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:15 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
[quote=SeekerSA;6741048]
Quote:
BTW if you still look for a 2nd coming, you have already missed it.
What???!!!

Don't listen to this people. This is a lie. This is a PROMISE from God, and it definitely has not happened yet!!!! But let me tell you this, it's way closer than the likes of Seeker would want to admit.

Denial is a very strange condition.

2 Peter 3

The Day of the Lord

3First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

4They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."

5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water.
6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I don't need to answer the question, because it's a non-issue. Yes, there have been wars since the beginning of time. That's not the issue. The issue is when these wars and rumors of wars are taking place, and where. Let me repeat what I said in an earlier post.
I told you Israel has never been at peace since 1948

Quote:
"So hmmmmm......let's see......what nation is it that just went to war YESTERDAY??? And what is God's number of fulfillment??? SEVEN.
What decade are we in past 1948? SEVENTH.
How long is the tribulation? SEVEN YEARS.
What week are we in according to Daniel? SEVENTIETH.
How long did it take for creation? SEVEN DAYS.
The millenial reign of 1000 years is the SEVENTH 1000 years since creation, which we happen to have just entered or are about to. No one knows when exactly because of the discrepancy in the calendar years...I think you can see how important SEVEN is in prophecy and fulfillment of such.

Watch and see how the USA won't even exist to be ABLE to protect Israel. God will supernaturally protect His people and land, and He certainly doesn't need the USA or any other country He created for that.
Making stuff up does not mean anything, you are just playing with numbers. How do you know 7 is the "perfect" number?

OK let the USA stop supporting Israel immediately seeing their god does not need the USA taxpayer's help.

Quote:
Deny or accept, your assessment and belief has no bearing on God's plan."

Luke 21:28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Your belief does not make it so either.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
10. And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
11. "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still: he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." Revelation 22: 10-11
The time is at hand - written roughly in 68AD and no later that 120AD - how do you get a gap of 1900 years?

Show me from the bible that the time is at hand actually means somewhere in 2008 onwards. I'll wait.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
So glad it gives you a jolt. It's not a new doctrine, btw. And how does it entrap anyone?? Something that is clearly taught in the Bible, yet you can't believe it so you wait around for threads like this to be able to cast your personal doubts and fears upon true Bible believing people?

I don't get you, HotinAZ. You seem to take great pleasure in poo-pooing the Rapture and show no interest in doing the thing that really matters....you know....the Great Commission???
It seems the "true(tm)" bible believing people are the ones with fears - strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity