Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-28-2008, 10:28 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Reputation: 951

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
The time is at hand - written roughly in 68AD and no later that 120AD - how do you get a gap of 1900 years?

Show me from the bible that the time is at hand actually means somewhere in 2008 onwards. I'll wait.
I'm not "going there" with you. Your mind's made up SeekerSA, it's made up. You'll be waiting alright, this side of the rapture!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-28-2008, 10:28 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Reputation: 58253
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
I told you Israel has never been at peace since 1948
Nonsensical and not an issue. Not at peace and a full blown war are two different things.

Quote:
Making stuff up does not mean anything, you are just playing with numbers. How do you know 7 is the "perfect" number?
I didn't say it was a perfect number, I said it was God's number of fulfillment. It's all throughout the Bible as a number of fulfillment. But you have to read the Bible and believe it to know that. I'm not making this up....it's in your face facts!!! Whew, take a reality pill.

Quote:
OK let the USA stop supporting Israel immediately seeing their god does not need the USA taxpayer's help.
The US will support Israel as long as the US exists. Which won't be much longer. We are just not a major player in this end time scenario. God and Israel don't need us physically, financially, militarily or any other kind of way. HE'S GOD.

Quote:
Your belief does not make it so either
.

My belief? How about what the Bible teaches?? I believe the Bible.
Your unbelief doesn't change one thing. It would behoove you to come down off of that defensive high horse and repent....NOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 10:43 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post


Nonsensical and not an issue. Not at peace and a full blown war are two different things.
War is war whether it be between two nations full at it or the USA's miff war on terror - a convenient label/excuse to preemptively attack any nation aka bush doctrine.

Quote:
I didn't say it was a perfect number, I said it was God's number of fulfillment. It's all throughout the Bible as a number of fulfillment. But you have to read the Bible and believe it to know that. I'm not making this up....it's in your face facts!!! Whew, take a reality pill.
No it is not. Seven has many connotations but not a "perfect" number. BTW I have read the bible many times. Weird how you futurists always think others have no knowledge of the bible.

Quote:
The US will support Israel as long as the US exists. Which won't be much longer. We are just not a major player in this end time scenario. God and Israel don't need us physically, financially, militarily or any other kind of way.
OK then start a lobby to stop supporting them immediately. W/o the support of the USA and UK, Israel ceases to exist financially - they have no natural resources to sustain themselves unless you consider sand a commodity.

Quote:
HE'S GOD.
Agreed and of His kingdom, there shall be no end.
.

Quote:
My belief? How about what the Bible teaches?? I believe the Bible.
I have beliefs too and they are NOT like yours.

Quote:
Your unbelief doesn't change one thing. It would behoove you to come down off of that defensive high horse and repent....NOW.
My unbelief? Huh? Because I do not believe as you do I must repent? Repent of what, I have not committed any sin. DO you know what repent means? I can give you a lesson on it.

If you cannot back up your beliefs (which you are entitled to just as I am to mine) with scripture, then I assume that

  1. You cannot
  2. you have no real foundation for your beliefs other than the Left Behind nonsense.
BTW - Google Barry Smith (New Zealand) That will give you a background of where i come from - I too was deceived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 10:57 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I'm not "going there" with you. Your mind's made up SeekerSA, it's made up. You'll be waiting alright, this side of the rapture!
The "rapture" has already happened for me - seems you are the one on the wrong side.

Educate yourself

Like many, I once believed in part in a rapture but even in my early years found little credence to what I was taught. I had always wondered where this doctrine came from as the word Rapture is not in the bible. I stumbled upon an exposé.

Yes it all started way back in the 1800's and when you discover who the author of this lie was, you will be shocked. It was a Jesuit Priest Emmanuel Lacunza who posed as a converted Jew under the pen name of Rabbi Ben Ezra. Strange how the Zionists have succeeded in permeating their lies into mainstream Christianity, and even today many hold to these traditions of men as truth.

What is a Jesuit? Extract from Wikipedia

The Society of Jesus, (Latin: Societas Iesu, abbreviated as S.J. and S.I.) is a Christian religious order of the Roman Catholic Church at the service of the universal Church. Its members are known as Jesuits, and have colloquially been called "Soldiers of Christ", first, and "Foot soldiers of the Pope", second, partly because the Society's founder, Saint Ignatius of Loyola, was a knight before becoming a priest.

Today, Jesuits number 20,170 (with 14,147 priests), and compose the largest male religious order in the Roman Catholic Church (the Franciscan family of OFMs, Capuchins, and Conventuals has approximately 31,899 members, of whom 20,786 are priests; however, the "family" consists of multiple orders).

Jesuit
priests and brothers are engaged in ministries in 112 nations on six continents. No work, if it has an evangelical perspective, is closed to them, but they are best known in the fields of education (schools, colleges, universities, seminaries, theological faculties), intellectual research, and cultural pursuits. They are also known in missionary work and direct evangelization, social justice and human rights activities, interreligious dialogue, and other 'frontier' ministry.

If you are happy waiting for Christ to appear externally in some future time, read no further. This is really going to burst your religious bubble.

If you are serous in seeking truth read on
.

You can also read a full history of Zionist and Catholic influences in Mystery Babylon the Great which documents in detail from early to current times with all references cited and mapped to other website links.

The fact that there are three views, Pre-trib, Mid-trib and Post-trib on this "event" should be enough of a red flag to research a little deeper. They cannot all be correct can they?

What if they are all wrong? Got your interest? READ ON.

Enjoy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Reputation: 951
Just out of curiosity, where do you get your teachings, SeekerSA? Do you study with a group of believers? Or are you self-taught?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Reputation: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
The "rapture" has already happened for me - seems you are the one on the wrong side.

Educate yourself

Like many, I once believed in part in a rapture but even in my early years found little credence to what I was taught. I had always wondered where this doctrine came from as the word Rapture is not in the bible. I stumbled upon an exposé.

Yes it all started way back in the 1800's and when you discover who the author of this lie was, you will be shocked. It was a Jesuit Priest Emmanuel Lacunza who posed as a converted Jew under the pen name of Rabbi Ben Ezra. Strange how the Zionists have succeeded in permeating their lies into mainstream Christianity, and even today many hold to these traditions of men as truth.

What is a Jesuit? Extract from Wikipedia

The Society of Jesus, (Latin: Societas Iesu, abbreviated as S.J. and S.I.) is a Christian religious order of the Roman Catholic Church at the service of the universal Church. Its members are known as Jesuits, and have colloquially been called "Soldiers of Christ", first, and "Foot soldiers of the Pope", second, partly because the Society's founder, Saint Ignatius of Loyola, was a knight before becoming a priest.

Today, Jesuits number 20,170 (with 14,147 priests), and compose the largest male religious order in the Roman Catholic Church (the Franciscan family of OFMs, Capuchins, and Conventuals has approximately 31,899 members, of whom 20,786 are priests; however, the "family" consists of multiple orders).

Jesuit
priests and brothers are engaged in ministries in 112 nations on six continents. No work, if it has an evangelical perspective, is closed to them, but they are best known in the fields of education (schools, colleges, universities, seminaries, theological faculties), intellectual research, and cultural pursuits. They are also known in missionary work and direct evangelization, social justice and human rights activities, interreligious dialogue, and other 'frontier' ministry.

If you are happy waiting for Christ to appear externally in some future time, read no further. This is really going to burst your religious bubble.

If you are serous in seeking truth read on
.

You can also read a full history of Zionist and Catholic influences in Mystery Babylon the Great which documents in detail from early to current times with all references cited and mapped to other website links.

The fact that there are three views, Pre-trib, Mid-trib and Post-trib on this "event" should be enough of a red flag to research a little deeper. They cannot all be correct can they?

What if they are all wrong? Got your interest? READ ON.

Enjoy

And what if SeekerSA is wrong? What.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 11:03 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Reputation: 753
Read some of it, doesn't burst my bubble. It doesn't matter if you are pre, post or none at all. It is not essential even though the guy in the article said, some Christians say, you have to believe in order to be saved. I have yet to meet any such Christian?

(1 Corinthians 15:50–54) I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last...

(1 Corinthians 15:51–52) 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Didn't Paul have to tell the people not to wait for the Kingdom of God but to go about their business?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-28-2008 at 11:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 11:06 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Reputation: 951
Just in case: Post-Rapture Survival Guide (http://www.rapturealert.com/postraptureguide.html - broken link) What you may need to know.

Educate yourself all over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Reputation: 951
There were wars and rumors of wars, there were scoffers and unbelievers, yet the "flood" took them. As it was in the beginning, so shall it be in the end................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2008, 12:29 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Just out of curiosity, where do you get your teachings, SeekerSA? Do you study with a group of believers? Or are you self-taught?
I never studied in a group, I have always gone solo as when I was involved with churches seeking answers to stuff, the folk usually gave me some book to read that was biased and did not answer anything.

I have looked at many many doctrines and POV and being and ex-futurist, because all the claims were twisted to match newspaper headlines never materialized and this has been going on for as long as I can remember.

So yes - you can say I am self taught.

As for you other question - what if I am wrong?

Why would that matter to you? I would want to save folk coming to the end of their life lying on their death bed and wondering why the rapture never happened. There is much we can do w/o sitting around waiting.

Futurists (mainly evangelical) are very self centered IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top