Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:37 AM

414 posts, read 776,926 times

Advertisements

... "prophosize". LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 09:48 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times
[quote=DayoftheLord;6744338]
Quote:

And there you have it. What's wrong with this proclamation? Or the whole post for that matter? Where is the Holy Spirit in your equation?

You have relied on self, not God. You have decided what you want to believe, not what the Bible actually teaches.

2 Corinthians 11:17
In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool.

John 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
Way to go and take me out of context.

FTR:
I never studied in a group, I have always gone solo as when I was involved with churches seeking answers to stuff, the folk usually gave me some book to read that was biased and did not answer anything.
Please quote me properly before you judge me. BTW I did not rely on self.

You probably missed this in another post of mine where I stated that I have examined this from many different angles.

My conversion came from an eschatology ministry which I pursued with fervor for many many years (Barry Smith) only to finally discover it is a load of codswallop.

You evangelicals are all the same, judge someone when they do not agree with you - how quaint.

BTW the scrips you quoted are also out of context, go read them again. Don't think I do not know the bible.

Or do you want a lesson on those two scrips?

Old 12-29-2008, 12:15 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Such as? Remember if it is worse there must be a bench mark from which you measure it.
Globally things are worse than they have ever been. You want a bench mark then use the so called evidence of Global Warming, they have plenty of bench marks.

Quote:
And therein lies the problem. 3 possibilities and thus it means no more than speculation.
Actually educated guesses.

Quote:
Liberal media - yeah right controlled by the govt in charge. Amazing what you will read if you look outside your borders. Israel is being condemned internationally by all but the USA and UK.
Actually Israel is being condemned in both of those countries as well by the liberal media. The media is not government controlled it is liberal controlled, why do you think Bush caught so much flack, if he was in control of the media then he would have never been called a liar.

Quote:
Which gangs, citation please - BTW there have been gangs as long as I can remember and I am 50.
The Bloods and the Crypts have infiltrated most every school system in the US, dealing drugs and promoting violence. I come from a small town in Virginia where the school population was 900 from K to 12 and the graduating class was 35. My kids went to that same school for a short time and the school population had doubled but still considered small and the Bloods and Crypts were there. If you cannot see something as simple as gang violence getting worse then you are definitly not going to see the truths of the Bible.

Quote:
Faiths and nationalities? Which is it? Nations have been warring ad infinitum

But not all nations were involved even when it was called a world war. Now they are, every nation is embroiled in war on some level and soon those wars will be very prominant on every shore.

Quote:
Correct and hell is the grave - no escape.
The grave would be paradise compared to hell, and I am sorry you cannot see that.

Quote:
So how is things worse then? Are you not just posting left behind talking point?
Just look at the headlines and if you cannot see it then you are not going to with anything I provide.

Here try a few websites and see if you can see anything I am saying.

www.grantjeffrey.com
www.jvim.com
www.hallindsey.org
www.lamblion.com
www.jhm.org

Just look for the endtimes stuff and ignore the rest if you like, but I am talking of real life and the the left behind theory.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:19 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Not sure what you are trying to say here. So global warming is a myth even after a huge population growth in the last century nearly tripling the global population.
Yes and no, it is a myth if you are believing the Al Gore interpritation, but if you look at it from a Biblical perspective it fits right in with the endtimes.

Quote:
The rapture is a myth invented by a Jesuit (RCC) priest posing as a converted Rabbi in about 1830.
Actually it is a well founded theory that has existed since the time of Christ based on His own words.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Globally things are worse than they have ever been. You want a bench mark then use the so called evidence of Global Warming, they have plenty of bench marks.
No I am looking for things getting worse other than global warming.

Quote:
Actually educated guesses.
Still not a fact

Quote:
Actually Israel is being condemned in both of those countries as well by the liberal media. The media is not government controlled it is liberal controlled, why do you think Bush caught so much flack, if he was in control of the media then he would have never been called a liar.
I guess you are a republican/conservative so from that point I understand your bias. BTW your media did not cover the conflict from day 1 and even on a liberal news blog, all articles relating to this conflict were heavily censored so that blows your theory. The press is controlled everywhere.

Quote:
The Bloods and the Crypts have infiltrated most every school system in the US, dealing drugs and promoting violence. I come from a small town in Virginia where the school population was 900 from K to 12 and the graduating class was 35. My kids went to that same school for a short time and the school population had doubled but still considered small and the Bloods and Crypts were there. If you cannot see something as simple as gang violence getting worse then you are definitly not going to see the truths of the Bible.
Must be an American phenominan, we do not have that here in SA

Quote:
But not all nations were involved even when it was called a world war. Now they are, every nation is embroiled in war on some level and soon those wars will be very prominant on every shore.
What nation was not involved? All colonies sent troops from Africa to Europe in both wars, India sent troops, China fought the Japs, Russia was fighting Germany. Probably only South Americas were not involved

Quote:
The grave would be paradise compared to hell, and I am sorry you cannot see that.
I am sorry you believe in KJV mistranslations of the grave, defunct rubbish dumps, realm of the dead etc.

Quote:
Just look at the headlines and if you cannot see it then you are not going to with anything I provide.
You are trying to make the current times match biblical prophesy - they have been doing that since the early 1900's

Quote:
Here try a few websites and see if you can see anything I am saying.

www.grantjeffrey.com
www.jvim.com
www.hallindsey.org
www.lamblion.com
www.jhm.org

Just look for the endtimes stuff and ignore the rest if you like, but I am talking of real life and the the left behind theory.
I think I will pass, hal lindsey and the jack van impes of this world are just in it for book sales.

If your mind is polluted with the left behind stuff, unless you do due dillegence and study all aspects of church history, you will hold to this myth.

Quote:
Yes and no, it is a myth if you are believing the Al Gore interpritation, but if you look at it from a Biblical perspective it fits right in with the endtimes.
I am not American so what Gore says is not my prime source of influence

Quote:
Actually it is a well founded theory that has existed since the time of Christ based on His own words.
Nope, you will need to prove that so I can check your "facts"

Last edited by SeekerSA; 12-29-2008 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Replied to 2nd post

Old 12-29-2008, 03:38 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
There is no wood. the guy that claimed it came from the Ark (mount Ararat in Turkey) was exposed by a guide who stated he hauled it up with him the previous climb.

Read all the ark threads in R&P - I have posted a lot there.

BTW - only evangelical sites are the ones claiming the Ark exists, there is a second location also in Turkey.
Then would you please explain to me, like I am a child, why in post secondary school science classes we were all taught from text books that at one time the earth was engulfed in water? This is what I remember. Am I remembering it wrong? And then there was something about all the land use to be as one, then the flooding and acts of nature caused the land to separate and form what we now have nations separating us by bodies of water.

To verify these things to be true or remembered wrong I'm thinking I would need to visit a library and spend time reading actual text books, as it seems, that since the Internet everybody and their brother have become experts.

As always, considering the source of information and the intelligence thereof.

And by the way I am not talking about the ship that was discovered. I read that after posting. I am referring to 20 years past where fossilized wood was found dating back to the era of Noah's Ark. It was an archeologist's discovery in a dig on the top of a very tall mountain. I'm sure it is documented somewhere.

I am 47 years old and back when I was a child of the 80s there were only 7 channels of TV to watch as we could only afford. One of those channels was PBS #13 East Texas. As a board child, you'd be surprised as to what one will view!

Did they rewrite the science educational text books since 1970? Ahe---wouldn't surprise me.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Then would you please explain to me, like I am a child, why in post secondary school science classes we were all taught from text books that at one time the earth was engulfed in water? This is what I remember. Am I remembering it wrong? And then there was something about all the land use to be as one, then the flooding and acts of nature caused the land to separate and form what we now have nations separating us by bodies of water.

To verify these things to be true or remembered wrong I'm thinking I would need to visit a library and spend time reading actual text books, as it seems, that since the Internet everybody and their brother have become experts.

As always, considering the source of information and the intelligence thereof.

And by the way I am not talking about the ship that was discovered. I read that after posting. I am referring to 20 years past where fossilized wood was found dating back to the era of Noah's Ark. It was an archeologist's discovery in a dig on the top of a very tall mountain. I'm sure it is documented somewhere.

I am 47 years old and back when I was a child of the 80s there were only 7 channels of TV to watch as we could only afford. One of those channels was PBS #13 East Texas. As a board child, you'd be surprised as to what one will view!

Did they rewrite the science educational text books since 1970? Ahe---wouldn't surprise me.
Sounds like our educations were not the same - I am 50 and have never heard of what you are saying but take this to the R&P forum and there are 3 threads there on the ark.

I have a British education and reside in SA

Old 12-29-2008, 03:48 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soullight View Post
The bible is an assemblage of writings from various people who wrote down their interpretation of what was happening in their society, and these people also catalogued the results of human nature good and bad. It is a book like many other books that simply instructs people to live and operate from the quality of love. Therefore, the experiences that we create today will naturally appear to be prophecy especially when compared to those who prophosized, based on what they have seen of human nature in their period. It does not take a genius to make an estimated prognostication of the future, from observations we make of this modern world. If we understand the laws that govern the limits and freedom of human nature then we will acquire the ability to see that life is a circle that is always turning. and so everything will inevitably occasion again. Some people like to mystify and spirtualize the whole aspect of prophecy, but it is a natural phenomena.
The book of, natural phenomena, the Bible has survived mankind's destructive nature throughout many decades of 'burn the book'. I find that truly awesome!

Could also be considered as something Supernatural in itself.

It is what it is, it ain't nothing more.

For every beginning there is an end, even with the earth. When that happens, what then, will we find to talk about?

Old 12-29-2008, 04:20 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
[quote=SeekerSA;6745453]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

Way to go and take me out of context.

FTR:
I never studied in a group, I have always gone solo as when I was involved with churches seeking answers to stuff, the folk usually gave me some book to read that was biased and did not answer anything.
Please quote me properly before you judge me. BTW I did not rely on self.

You probably missed this in another post of mine where I stated that I have examined this from many different angles.

My conversion came from an eschatology ministry which I pursued with fervor for many many years (Barry Smith) only to finally discover it is a load of codswallop.

You evangelicals are all the same, judge someone when they do not agree with you - how quaint.

BTW the scrips you quoted are also out of context, go read them again. Don't think I do not know the bible.

Or do you want a lesson on those two scrips?
So I didn't quote your entire post...so what? As I mentioned above, the whole post had no mention of the Holy Spirit. Nothing is out of context, even the scriptures I quoted. That's the great thing about the Bible....there is a scripture that can be plucked out to apply to any situation no matter the context where it is found. Who's judging? You are free to believe whatever you want. But like you said, don't expect me to not have my say and voice the truth. The REAL truth.

NOw, back to the topic, which is wars and rumors of wars, end of days and prophecy that pertains to it.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:24 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
[quote]
Quote:
EXACTLY!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity