Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 04:27 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,350,657 times

Advertisements

This is me whispering...actually, it only took 6 days for creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I don't need to answer the question, because it's a non-issue. Yes, there have been wars since the beginning of time. That's not the issue. The issue is when these wars and rumors of wars are taking place, and where. Let me repeat what I said in an earlier post.

"So hmmmmm......let's see......what nation is it that just went to war YESTERDAY??? And what is God's number of fulfillment??? SEVEN.
What decade are we in past 1948? SEVENTH.
How long is the tribulation? SEVEN YEARS.
What week are we in according to Daniel? SEVENTIETH.
How long did it take for creation? SEVEN DAYS.
The millenial reign of 1000 years is the SEVENTH 1000 years since creation, which we happen to have just entered or are about to. No one knows when exactly because of the discrepancy in the calendar years...I think you can see how important SEVEN is in prophecy and fulfillment of such.

Watch and see how the USA won't even exist to be ABLE to protect Israel. God will supernaturally protect His people and land, and He certainly doesn't need the USA or any other country He created for that.

Deny or accept, your assessment and belief has no bearing on God's plan."

Luke 21:28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 04:29 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,343 times
[quote=SeekerSA;6750186]No I am looking for things getting worse other than global warming.

Still not a fact

I guess you are a republican/conservative so from that point I understand your bias. BTW your media did not cover the conflict from day 1 and even on a liberal news blog, all articles relating to this conflict were heavily censored so that blows your theory. The press is controlled everywhere.

Quote:
Must be an American phenominan, we do not have that here in SA
You cannot say that truthfully, I know there are plenty of gang problems in SA.

Quote:
What nation was not involved? All colonies sent troops from Africa to Europe in both wars, India sent troops, China fought the Japs, Russia was fighting Germany. Probably only South Americas were not involved
You just answered your own question.

Quote:
I am sorry you believe in KJV mistranslations of the grave, defunct rubbish dumps, realm of the dead etc.
I understand the comparative definition but you must desern the appropriate context when using it.

Quote:
You are trying to make the current times match biblical prophesy - they have been doing that since the early 1900's
As I stated earlier, Israel had to become a nation again for any of these things to make a difference.

Quote:
I think I will pass, hal lindsey and the jack van impes of this world are just in it for book sales.
Ok try www.tomorrowsworld.org they give their literature for free and have alot to offer.

Quote:
If your mind is polluted with the left behind stuff, unless you do due dillegence and study all aspects of church history, you will hold to this myth.
Actually I do not buy into the whole left behind stuff, they were decent movies but I do study Church history as well as the scriptures on a regular basis.

Quote:
Nope, you will need to prove that so I can check your "facts"
Revelation 12:5 may help you understand the rapture.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:30 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,620,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
This is me whispering...actually, it only took 6 days for creation.
Pssst...(me whispering back).....God rested on the 7th day, when all was FULFILLED. See where I'm going with 7 being the number of fulfillment?? shhhhhh.....

Old 12-29-2008, 04:36 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,369 times
Default Life of the party

I bet showing off extensive knowledge of Revelations and all things apocolyptic makes someone the life of the party. Yeah! Good times!

Though I've often thought of Israel as the same as the USA. The pit bull of America? There certainly is a lot of finance transferring between NYC and Israel, for example. Look at the toys that army has. Kind of supports the holy angle doesn't it?

Old 12-29-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
I bet showing off extensive knowledge of Revelations and all things apocolyptic makes someone the life of the party. Yeah! Good times!

Though I've often thought of Israel as the same as the USA. The pit bull of America? There certainly is a lot of finance transferring between NYC and Israel, for example. Look at the toys that army has. Kind of supports the holy angle doesn't it?
Huh??? You completely lost me at "I bet". I get that it's sarcasm, but only I'm allowed to do that. The rest you will have to explain.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:31 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,591,221 times
Smile I come bearing links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Sounds like our educations were not the same - I am 50 and have never heard of what you are saying but take this to the R&P forum and there are 3 threads there on the ark.

I have a British education and reside in SA
I have an American made one, could be thus the problem??? Now I did say that I could have remembered it wrong. So I talked to my son who is 23 and went hey, you would know about the earth being all water at one point? He said, nope don't recall that one being talked about in his education. So, my bad....BUT

"Over the millions of years of the earth's existence, areas of land have emerged from the waters, drifted among them, crashed into each other, broken up and in part been submerged again - in an on-going dance of the continents of which we are still a part."

History of THE EARTH AND THE HEAVENS

Now where the Bible recounts Noah's flood, it said that it rained, flooded, from the ground up. (need the biblical scholars to mark the text) Now the only way I know of that it can rain from the ground up and not the sky down would be the melting of a lot of ice?

Also from the page link above

"From one continent to six: 200 - 20 million years ago

The reshaping of the surface of the earth, into the pattern now familiar to us, takes place between 200 and 20 million years ago.

First south America splits from Africa and drifts westwards (it is the snug fit between their coast lines which suggests the idea of continental drift to Alfred Wegener in 1912). Then Antarctica, India and Australia separate from Africa. Antarctica moves to the south, while India and Australia drift north and east.
" (your reference to SA)

Also I mentioned the earth is constantly changing and with it the face of the earth and this just recent. And I haven't done this much homework since high school, no make that college.

This one I found to be good and as I mentioned our ever changing earth: Earthquake Affects Earth's Rotation

"They also found the earthquake decreased the length of day by 2.68 microseconds."

(2) Devastating Earthquake and Earth's Rotation

"An earthquake that unleashed deadly tidal waves on Asia was so powerful it made the Earth wobble on its axis and permanently altered the regional map, US geophysicists said."

And now to do this they right way as I remember as I do not actively read the Bible text. Jesus asked, when I speak to you of earthly things and yet you do not believe, then how is it you can expect to believe that which is of the heavenly father? (paraphrased)

EARTHQUAKE IN SRI LANKA

EARTHQUAKE IN SUMATRA

CAUSES TSUNAMI IN SRI LANKA 1,000 MILES AWAY

ISLAND OF SUMATRA MOVED 100 FEET TO THE SOUTHWEST

INDIA VOLCANO BEGINS TO ERUPT

HUNDREDS OF AFTERSHOCKS

DEATH TOLL 300,000+
1900 AMERICANS MISSING

12-26-04

Revelation 6:12-17

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and lo there was a great earthquake
and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair and the moon became as blood And
the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs,
when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it
is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I have an American made one, could be thus the problem??? Now I did say that I could have remembered it wrong. So I talked to my son who is 23 and went hey, you would know about the earth being all water at one point? He said, nope don't recall that one being talked about in his education. So, my bad....BUT

"Over the millions of years of the earth's existence, areas of land have emerged from the waters, drifted among them, crashed into each other, broken up and in part been submerged again - in an on-going dance of the continents of which we are still a part."

History of THE EARTH AND THE HEAVENS

Now where the Bible recounts Noah's flood, it said that it rained, flooded, from the ground up. (need the biblical scholars to mark the text) Now the only way I know of that it can rain from the ground up and not the sky down would be the melting of a lot of ice?

Also from the page link above

"From one continent to six: 200 - 20 million years ago

The reshaping of the surface of the earth, into the pattern now familiar to us, takes place between 200 and 20 million years ago.

First south America splits from Africa and drifts westwards (it is the snug fit between their coast lines which suggests the idea of continental drift to Alfred Wegener in 1912). Then Antarctica, India and Australia separate from Africa. Antarctica moves to the south, while India and Australia drift north and east." (your reference to SA)

Also I mentioned the earth is constantly changing and with it the face of the earth and this just recent. And I haven't done this much homework since high school, no make that college.

This one I found to be good and as I mentioned our ever changing earth: Earthquake Affects Earth's Rotation

"They also found the earthquake decreased the length of day by 2.68 microseconds."

(2) Devastating Earthquake and Earth's Rotation

"An earthquake that unleashed deadly tidal waves on Asia was so powerful it made the Earth wobble on its axis and permanently altered the regional map, US geophysicists said."

And now to do this they right way as I remember as I do not actively read the Bible text. Jesus asked, when I speak to you of earthly things and yet you do not believe, then how is it you can expect to believe that which is of the heavenly father? (paraphrased)

EARTHQUAKE IN SRI LANKA

EARTHQUAKE IN SUMATRA

CAUSES TSUNAMI IN SRI LANKA 1,000 MILES AWAY

ISLAND OF SUMATRA MOVED 100 FEET TO THE SOUTHWEST

INDIA VOLCANO BEGINS TO ERUPT

HUNDREDS OF AFTERSHOCKS

DEATH TOLL 300,000+
1900 AMERICANS MISSING

12-26-04

Revelation 6:12-17

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and lo there was a great earthquake
and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair and the moon became as blood And
the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs,
when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it
is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
I don't mean to get nit-picky here, but the account of the flood was that it rained, which it had never done before. That's another reason Noah was scoffed at.....the people had never seen rain before, therefore how could the earth possibly flood? Before the first rain that caused the flood, God sent dew up from the earth. Much like the dew we experience overnight, but probably much heavier and all throughout the day....sort of like a giant sprinkler system.

And btw, how do we go from Wars and Rumors of Wars and speaking of end time prophecy to Genesis and the flood? I don't think a thread, my thread in fact, could get further off topic than this one has.

There are about 3 different threads on Noah and the Ark in the R&P, and Seeker is well aware of that.

I know this is not your fault, Actonbell. But I would really like to get my thread back on topic. But excellent post and good job in tying it all back to Revelation!!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 03:48 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,212,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I have an American made one, could be thus the problem??? --snip--
Oh continental drift. Yeah I have seen that but we were never taught that at Junior School. It was however posed as a theory in high school and we spent no more than a day on it. (Geography - not Science) BTW there was a 2 hour per month IIRC religious study that was allowed and was tasked by Priests, Rabbis and the kids went to their specific denomination - the kids like me thatw ere non denominational you got sent to the hall to listen to whoever was speaking. Creationism was never taught and you have to keep in mind that we were at the time a protectorate of the British Empire and thus under the Church of England. For matriculation, you were allowed to take religious (bible) studies as an extra subject but still had to do the eight compulsory subjects.

I did see some ark story where they took this to infer the fountains welling up and that is when the continents drifted
apart but in their model at a speed of 40MPH and the waters gushing up went 20 miles into the air and the Americas came to a sudden halt hence the kinetic energy still in the land mass all kept moving west and hence the topography of the Americas where the mountains are all on the west coasts, didn't quite work that way with Australia but hey it was an American program so who is keeping score. Not to mention the actual cracks, voids would be filled by equilibrium of water flowing in not water gushing out. BTW that does not explain the coatal mountains we have in SA seein we were essentially the static continent from where all others moved from - and I am talking mountains that are different west coast to east coast - not same formation or types - maybe Africa just shivered

This was so ridiculous as that theory inferred the land masses floated on water and we all know they are tied to the continental plates that are still moving minutely hence earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis.

BTW this whole revised continental drift was to support the myth of the flood but still failed to show where the water went to afterwards seeing that by inference the water came from the wells of the deep. They did have some good graphics though and this predated CGI. This also took care of the animals from other areas of the world - you know, it was all one continent at one time.

BTW I am not sure, are we in agreement or arguing? Seems you are saying much of what I am saying.

Interesting your figures are old earth so I am guessing you are not a YEC literalist?

Old 12-30-2008, 03:58 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,212,739 times
Quote:
I don't mean to get nit-picky here, but the account of the flood was that it rained, which it had never done before. That's another reason Noah was scoffed at.....the people had never seen rain before, therefore how could the earth possibly flood? Before the first rain that caused the flood, God sent dew up from the earth. Much like the dew we experience overnight, but probably much heavier and all throughout the day....sort of like a giant sprinkler system.
Sorry I did not derail and did ask for this to go to R&P.

But I have to ask, how did the water cycle not exist prior to the flood? and where did the water from the deep come from as when it as you put it worked like a sprinkler system, gravity would collect this water and it would find it's way to the sea or do you also believe that the continents floated on water? you can quote and C+P in one of the other threads.

Blessings

Old 12-30-2008, 05:57 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,236 times
Quote:
So glad it gives you a jolt. It's not a new doctrine, btw. And how does it entrap anyone?? Something that is clearly taught in the Bible, yet you can't believe it so you wait around for threads like this to be able to cast your personal doubts and fears upon true Bible believing people?

I don't get you, HotinAZ. You seem to take great pleasure in poo-pooing the Rapture and show no interest in doing the thing that really matters....you know....the Great Commission???
Actually, it takes more than reading the thoughts of mainstream theology and the madman assumptions of modern preachers to come up with these conclusions.

How is it a new doctrine? Because it wasn't preached nor taught before the great dispensationalism theology. Like seeker said, around the 1800's. That would be considered quite new in the grand sceme of things.

How does it entrap? It is called fear mongering. Actually it is more of an enslavement of the mind. This is no different than our government raising the "threat levels". I mean really, look around. Take a step back from mainstream Christianity, and just look. What is "popular" and what isn't! Jesus said the world would HATE YOU for following Him.

If the sky is falling or raising in this case, do you think most people are showing the love of Christ, or are they too busy scaring the crap out of people to get them to buy their books and watch their movies, and attend their churches.

The great commision is done when you show the Love of Christ manifested in your life. This is an outward action for an inward transformation.

I take pleasure in getting the masses to wake up, and seek and study for themselves, instead off being led off a cliff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity