U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 09:51 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,584,623 times

Advertisements

THE LOVE OF GOD AND THE RACE HE SET BEFORE US

I John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any person love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
John 3:16 For God so loves the world, that He gave his only begotten Son.
Jude 1:20-23 But be loved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I John 2:28 -29 Little children abide in Him; that when He shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of Him.
John 3:1-3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we shall be called the sons of God or daughters; therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.
Beloved, now are we the sons and daughters of God the Father, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
And every man and woman that hath this hope in Him purifieth himself, even as He is pure.
Hebrews 12:1 -11 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witness, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children,
My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him; for when the Lord loveth he chastenth, and scourgeth every son and daughter whom He receiveth.
If ye endure the chastening, God the Father dealeth with you as with sons and daughters; for what son is he whom the father chastenth not?
But if ye be without chastisement whereof all are partakers, then ye are bastards, and not sons.
Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence; shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits and live?
For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous; nevertheless afterward it yielded the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
Romans 5:8; But God commandeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
I John 3:7-10,18 -24 Little children, let no man deceive you; he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remained in him; and he cannot sin, beeth in him; because he or she is born of God.
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of devil; whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and truth.
And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts, before Him.
For if our heart condems us, God is greater that our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God the Father.
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep his commandments, and do these things that are pleasing in His sight. And this is His commandment, that we should believe on the name of His son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandments.
And he that keepeth His commandments, dwelleth in Him, and He in him.
And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the spirit which He hath given us.
Ephesians 2:4 -10 But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace we are saved and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus; that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace you are quickened through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God the Father.
Not of works, lest any man should boast, for we are His workmanship. Created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
I John 4:7-11 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
He that loveth not, knoweth not God; for God is love.
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten son into the world, that we might live through Him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loves us, and sent His son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
Deuteronomy 7:12 -26 And I will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee, I will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which He sware unto thy father to give thee.
Thou shalt be blessed above all people; there shall not be male or female barren among you.
And the Lord will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.
II Corinthians 9:6 -15 But this I say, he which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let Him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity; for your God loveth a cheerful giver.
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work; (as it is written, I your Lord, hath dispersed abroad; I hath given to the poor; my righteousness remained for ever.
Now he that ministered seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgiving unto God. While by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men.
And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you. Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Deuteronomy 10:12 -22 And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all His ways, and to love Him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and all thy soul, to keep the commandments of the Lord, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?
Behold the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the Lord’s thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.
Only the Lord had delight in thy fathers to love them, and He chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day. Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.
For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and terrible, which regarded not persons, nor taketh reward; He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment. Love ye strangers in the land of Egypt.
Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God; Him shalt thou serve, and to Him shalt thou cleave, and swear by His name.
He is thy praise, and He is thy God, that hath done for thee these great and terrible things, which thine eyes have seen.
Thy fathers when down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons; and now the Lord thy God hath made thee as the stars of heaven for multitude.
John 16:25 -28, 31 -33 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs; but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall show you plainly of the Father.
At that day ye shall ask in my name; and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you; for the Father himself loveth me, and have believed that I came out from God the Father.
I came forth from the Father, leave the world, and go to the Father. Do ye now believe?
Behold, the hour cometh, yea is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 17:20 -26 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one;
I in them and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them. As thou hast loved me.
Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou given me; for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee; but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it; that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
I John 4:12 -16 No man hath seen God at any time.
If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us.
Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us, because He hath given us of His spirit.
And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the saviour of the world.
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God the Father dwelleth in him, and he in God.
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in you.
I John 2:3 -11 And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
But whoso keepeth His word; in him verily is the love of God perfected; hereby know we that we are in Him.
He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which He had from the beginning.
The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in Him and in you; because the darkness is pass, and the true light now shineth. He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in Him.
But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
I write unto you, little children because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake.
I John 2:12-29 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known Him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one.
I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father, I have written unto you fathers, because ye have known Him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one.
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof; but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Little children, it is the last time; and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come.
Even now are there are many antichrist’s; whereby we know that it is the last time.
They went out from us; for if they had been of us; they would no doubt have continued with us; but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
But ye have an action from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?
He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father; but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning.
If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that He hath promised us, even eternal life.
There are things I have written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.
And now, little children, abide in Him; that when He shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. If ye know that He is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of Him.
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God.
II Corinthians 13:13 -14 All the saints salute you, the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
Hebrews 12: 1 - 2 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity