Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:57 AM

221 posts, read 379,663 times

Advertisements

I was just over at a different thread where they were talking about
Islam, Christianity, Jesus divine or not. AntiChrist came up briefly.

They said that AntiChrist mentioned in 1 John is a single person. I was
always taught that the AntiChrist was not, one single person, but a group of people all following a false religion...a religion where they think it is sacred to kill for God.

It is strange that our three monotheistic religions of today all have come out of Moses' time. The ten commandment said, "Thou shalt not kill."

I find it totally awful that those few words spoken by God, Himself, are being disobeyed by two of the three monotheistic religions.

It is never God's will to kill. Period. Anything against this is a false religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limapie View Post

always taught that the AntiChrist was not, one single person, but a group of people all following a false religion...a religion where they think it is sacred to kill for God.

It is strange that our three monotheistic religions of today all have come out of Moses' time. The ten commandment said, "Thou shalt not kill."

I find it totally awful that those few words spoken by God, Himself, are being disobeyed by two of the three monotheistic religions.

It is never God's will to kill. Period. Anything against this is a false religion.
Well I certainly would agree with alot of what you've said here. But religion through the ages has done alot of comprimising to keep her political and social status, not to mention the vast wealth she's accumulated over the centuries. That's why the Bible depicts false religion as a religious harlot who goes to bed with politics for special favors as opposed to remaining clean, chaste and loyal to God whom she claims to be faithful to.

As far as religious or even otherwise popular secular views of the singular demon-seed son of Satan Anti-Christ, I think alot of folks are watching too many Stephen King movies.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:32 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,071 times

I kind of take issue with your statement, if you look at the action of God through out the OT this God spends most of its time killing or commanding its followers to kill. And this is after this God issued forth the commandant 'Thou shall not kill".

Old 01-01-2009, 10:07 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post

I kind of take issue with your statement, if you look at the action of God through out the OT this God spends most of its time killing or commanding its followers to kill. And this is after this God issued forth the commandant 'Thou shall not kill".
Murder

Old 01-01-2009, 10:13 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:

My understanding of the anti-christ is that of a person, a man, probably Jewish; the "Beast" is a system. As far as disobeying God's commands, He allows killing so becareful what you say, what is or isn't God's will without scriptural support. It is "Thou shalt not murder", not kill

Old 01-01-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post

That's actually an interesting subject for another thread, but Christianity was to be entirely different from the nation of Israel. Jesus commanded followers to be separate from the world, which would include politics, wars, etc. Going against these new commands of Jesus would be of an Anti-Christ nature.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:12 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
........ The ten commandment said, "Thou shalt not kill."

Which two would that be? The Muslim who is firing rockets into Israel? The Israelite who is firing rockets into Gaza? Or the Christian fighting the Muslim in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Old 01-01-2009, 12:22 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
That's actually an interesting subject for another thread, but Christianity was to be entirely different from the nation of Israel. Jesus commanded followers to be separate from the world, which would include politics, wars, etc. Going against these new commands of Jesus would be of an Anti-Christ nature.
Actually Christianity is a return to the original faith. Look at Abraham, he wasnt saved by the Law. David, not saved by the Law. Not even Moses was saved by the Law, it was their faith that saved them and the actions they took due to that faith. Dont get me wrong the works did not get them into paradise they were merely evidence of their faith. Does it specifically say stay out of politics and wars? I do not believe so, it also doesnt tell us to let the secular world roll over us.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:25 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Which two would that be? The Muslim who is firing rockets into Israel? The Israelite who is firing rockets into Gaza? Or the Christian fighting the Muslim in Afghanistan and Iraq?
Well lets see, the Muslims are murdering randomly. Israel is defending itself. The US is trying to stop all the murder. I would say Islam is at fault as well as the misguided Arabs.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Actually Christianity is a return to the original faith. Look at Abraham, he wasnt saved by the Law. David, not saved by the Law. Not even Moses was saved by the Law, it was their faith that saved them and the actions they took due to that faith. Dont get me wrong the works did not get them into paradise they were merely evidence of their faith. Does it specifically say stay out of politics and wars? I do not believe so, it also doesnt tell us to let the secular world roll over us.
Interesting, so the 60+ million Evangelicals & Catholics (taken from a 1926 census of German Church goers) in Nazi Germany alone (not counting Austria & Italy) were justified in supporting the Nazi regime out of duty to their government and following God's command to obey and follow the Authorities ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity